Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FMD! Don't know whether I should laugh or cry.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:59 pm

roar wrote:
FMD! Don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

Apparently Cloke's dog has done his achilles.

Christ the curse is now spreading to pets.

P.S-His dog is fine.

Well I assume.

Ok it's probably dead.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Heard it was nothing Major just Possible Tighness
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Heard it was nothing Major just Possible Tighness

Thank Christ for that. Clokeys dog has ahead a tough run.

Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Injury prone, shit field kick, has shown nothing this year but has "potential"

First round pick it is....
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Beast wrote:

His injury history has to be of concern, he's barely been able to string 3 games together since his u16 season.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Defender wrote:
Beast wrote:

His injury history has to be of concern, he's barely been able to string 3 games together since his u16 season.

Wait til we get him to the club and let our fitness guys at him.............

Oh shit, the kid is doomed. Sad

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Named in the U18 AA squad and featured in the best for Oakleigh on a number of occasions. Captain of the team.

Can play at either end, good mobility for his height, strong mark, good shot on goal by all accounts and has courage.

By the looks of him still has plenty of filling out to do unlike some key position players taken in recent drafts.

From what I've read seems to be rated by those who should know something or two as a likely top 5 selection and definitely top 10.

Then there is who his father is and the genes he carries.

Might count for something, may not. Watch out if it does.

All players are picked on there potential given that none have played senior AFL football. His potential is better than most.

It would have been a steal to grab him for a second rounder but as it is I'm glad we'll be entering draft day knowing he's ours and knowing that given what our likely first round pick would be he wouldn't have been available.

Anyhow only time will tell so let's revist this thead in 2018.

Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:04 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Named in the U18 AA squad and featured in the best for Oakleigh on a number of occasions. Captain of the team.

Can play at either end, good mobility for his height, strong mark, good shot on goal by all accounts and has courage.

By the looks of him still has plenty of filling out to do unlike some key position players taken in recent drafts.

From what I've read seems to be rated by those who should know something or two as a likely top 5 selection and definitely top 10.

All players are picked on there potential given that none have played senior AFL football. His potential is better than most.

It would have been a steal to grab him for a second rounder but as it is I'm glad we'll be entering draft day knowing he's ours and knowing that given what our likely first round pick would be he wouldn't have been available.

Thats all nice and well but right now he is nowhere near the player Daniher, Boyd or Hogan were at the same age.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Beast wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Thats all nice and well but right now he is nowhere near the player Daniher, Boyd or Hogan were at the same age.

Neither was Reid but we took him at selection 8 because Hine saw the potential in him and he's become a fine AFL player.

Besides we wont be using a No.1 pick on him which Boyd is and Hogan essentially was as well.

The pick we will end up using on him will end up being about what he is worth at worse and probably slightly unders in reality IMO.

With players like Wright and McCartin all tipped to go within the top 5 (some would consider Moore in this catergory) they wouldn't have been available anyway so I just can't see how we lose by drafting Moore with a father son selection at our first pick when without that rule he wouldn't most likely have been still available at our selection.

At the end of the day all that matters is how Hine rates him.

If he rates him better than or equal to our first selection then it's a no brainer.

Much better to secure a player you rate prior to the draft than take the risk on someone better who "might" slip through and end up losing both.

We've shown with Stewart and others we're prepared to overlook father son selections.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Beast wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

This is good thing not bad thing.

These guys dominated at kiddie level because they developed early in the physical sense. Big men's bodies monstering mortal teeenagers.

In the long run this is bad because they don't have to develop any tricks, they can just use superior strength to win contests. Then they come up against hardened men and they've got nothing.

I like the way I see Darcy playing the game. Boyd will be right up there with Scully and Watts

GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Beast wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

These guys dominated at kiddie level because they developed early in the physical sense. Big men's bodies monstering mortal teeenagers.

In the long run this is bad because they don't have to develop any tricks, they can just use superior strength to win contests. Then they come up against hardened men and they've got nothing.

I like the way I see Darcy playing the game. Boyd will be right up there with Scully and Watts

Jack Watts also says hi!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Beast wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

There's no doubting Moore is an exceptional talent, it's just his body I'm worried about, he's had a lot of injuries for someone so young.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Surprised he waited until Saturday. Isn't this a Friday training injury?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:37 am

Defender wrote:
There's no doubting Moore is an exceptional talent, it's just his body I'm worried about, he's had a lot of injuries for someone so young.

Yeah, like Judd.... that didn't work either did it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 31 of 122   

Jump to: