Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A hyperextension of the knee can do some real damage but it seems he was lucky and nothing structural on scans.

If it's just bruising and he's feeling fine, he could play, but I concur that I'd give him the week off to be sure. I'm no physio but I assume ligaments can be stressed if not damaged which wouldn't show up on scans and be more susceptible to injury for a while.

Larky is their only tall forward of note, bring in Kelly or Madgen for him, upfield pressure and team defense should take care of the rest.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:52 pm

Howe, Murphy and Ruscoe provide sufficient talls in defence. Surely, we should give Moore a week's rest to avoid any unnecessary risk of further injury. He is way too valuable a player to gamble with, particularly in a game we should win comfortably any how.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:40 pm

Rest him.

Don't want us to risk aggravating his injury.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:28 pm

Fly discussed this today saying more than likely “We will give Darcy the day off”
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:39 pm

Had another look at Fly presser and he said Moore 80% right but he won’t play
Also Jack Magden fractured a thumb and be unavailable for number of weeks

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:23 pm
Post subject: Moore confident about round oneReply with quote

Darcy Moore is confident he will be ready for round one.

Collingwood vice-captain Darcy Moore has set his sights on returning in time for the Magpies' season-opener against Geelong on March 17 after spending time in hospital before Christmas.

The 26-year-old has been restricted to light running and skills away from the main group to start 2023, following a bone infection in December that has interrupted his pre-season program.

While Jordan De Goey has returned to full training after undergoing shoulder surgery last month, Moore will gradually integrate back into the main group over the next couple of months, focusing on agility and movement before contact training.

The 2020 All-Australian defender was one of Craig McRae's most influential players in a 2022 where Collingwood rose from 17th to fourth after winning 17 games, finishing third in the Copeland Trophy behind Jack Crisp and Scott Pendlebury.

Speaking from the Magpies' pre-season camp in Lorne, Moore is confident he can bank enough work between now and round one to be available to face the reigning premiers on the opening Friday night of the season.

"I am (confident about round one availability). I'm feeling really good so far. It's still early days, and more than anything, just happy to be moving again and back around the boys," Moore told reporters at Lorne Football Club on Monday afternoon.

"It's obviously been a bit interrupted. I've had a pretty smooth return the last couple of weeks since we've been back. I'm just happy to be back running, moving and kicking the footy again.

"It's an exciting time for me after a rough couple of months. I'm building really well. The physios and medical team and conditioning team are taking really good care for me. I've got a really good plan in place to get back."

Collingwood is searching for a new captain after Pendlebury announced his decision to stand down as skipper just before Christmas, following nine seasons and a club record 206 games as leader.

Moore is considered one of the leading candidates to replace the 35-year-old – along with Taylor Adams, Crisp, Jeremy Howe and Brayden Maynard – but didn't go as far as putting his hand up publicly for the role when quizzed on Monday.

"It is obviously something that's been spoken about and we're as excited as anyone about what the future holds for the leadership of the team," he said.

"This is obviously a pretty special team; we achieved some great things last year and showed a lot of character. That shows that the group is really healthy, whoever leads from the front.

"I think there definitely is a group of us that have the experience and traits that are definitely capable of doing it. It's not something I've given a lot of thought to. Dad was obviously a past captain of the club."

Peter Moore, the two-time Brownlow medallist and dual Copeland Trophy winner, captained Collingwood in 1981 and 1982 before finishing his career at Melbourne.

The Magpies will spend three days in Lorne this week as they build up towards round one.

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1264322/moore-confident-about-round-one

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:35 pm
Post subject: O Captain! My Captain!Reply with quote

Only six games as our new skipper, Moore had already established his own mark on the club, but with that post match speech, he elevated it to a new level.
Our Club is truly evolving.

Full post match speech transcipt :

“First of all, I want to give a massive thank you to the 95,000 fans who are here - record-breaking crowd,” he started.

“No matter whether you wear the black and white stripes or the red sash, this game’s about so much more than the four points. So, you turning up today and showing your support means a lot and we’re incredibly proud to play our part in this game.

“To Essendon, both (stand-in skipper) Andrew (McGrath) and the team, as well as the broader club, thank you so much for making this event what it is.

“It means a lot to us that we can come together with your football club and commemorate the sacrifice of not just the Anzacs, but all service men and women who have served Australia all around the world. So, thank you to the Essendon Football Club.

“I want to thank and mention all men and women who are serving our country’s interests both at home and abroad in war and in peacekeeping operations, it means a lot to me and the team and the whole club that we can commemorate your service and your sacrifice today by doing what we do. So, thank you for your service.

“To the veterans - there are over 600,000 veterans in this country who have returned from service - we also extend our thanks to you for your sacrifice and we hope that again, doing what we do today somehow honours your legacy and what you’ve done for our country. So, thank you to those 600,000 veterans as well.

“And then finally to the families of those serving and those veterans: too often, your stories go untold and, on behalf of the Collingwood footy club, (I) just want to acknowledge the pain of war that runs through so many families across this country.

“So, it’s a real honour for us to run out here and play our game in honour of you and your service. So, to the families of those who have served, thank you so much for your service. Thank you.”

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:56 pm

Hell of a speech. Off the cuff, after just playing a game of footy, in front of 95k people plus all those watching on TV, not an umm or an errr, hit every nail cleanly on the head. Fkn brilliant.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Hell of a speech. Off the cuff, after just playing a game of footy, in front of 95k people plus all those watching on TV, not an umm or an errr, hit every nail cleanly on the head. Fkn brilliant.

All going well Stui we'll have him in front of our charges during the 3/4 time huddle in many a GF to come.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:06 am

stui magpie wrote:

Yep. A natural leader of the thoughtful and responsible kind. He makes it look easy because that speech is exactly who he is.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:46 am

I remember watching him run around at training the week of the 2018 GF and thinking that he should be playing and if he could even play up to 75% of his capability he’d be an asset. Our KPP backs were Tom Langdon and an ageing Tyson Goldsack. Hardly a stellar back half of our spine. Darce Coulda been the difference in the end. For memory he had nothing seriously wrong with him physically but mentally he was shot. Can’t remember the details. Maybe someone with a better memory than me can elaborate on this. Regardless, Fast Forward to now and the way he has matured both on an off field is phenomenal.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:37 am

Extra proud to be a Collingwood supporter after that speech, it brought a tear to my eye. What a thoughtful, respectful and intelligent young man
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:58 pm
Post subject: You read it here firstReply with quote

Darcy Moore will be Captain of the All Australian side this year.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:40 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

All going well Stui we'll have him in front of our charges during the 3/4 time huddle in many a GF to come.

Please not 28 points down. Shocked
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:51 pm

A wonderful speech.

I can see why everyone at the club was keen to see him take over the captaincy from Pendles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 120 of 122   

Jump to: