Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you who think Adams is "better" than Ball are delusional and exhibit no understanding at all of the function Ball performed. The reason teams are able to get long runs of unanswered goals against us is that Ball is not there to prevent it. Adams is not a Ball replacement. They are not even like for like.

Ball was a magnificent defensive mid who allowed our star midfielders (Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas) to do their thing. Adams just plays as a defensive mid because he is too small and too slow to play as an attacking one.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:14 pm

E wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Its interesting there are people who come to a discussion forum but want any topic that doesn't conform to their beliefs to be shut down...

and they keep changing the thread title.....

<Mod edit: The only one who keeps changing the thread title like a recalcitrant is you. Do not change it again. - the mods>

<snip, don't test our patience any further - the mods>

Stone him!!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Those of you who think Adams is "better" than Ball are delusional and exhibit no understanding at all of the function Ball performed. The reason teams are able to get long runs of unanswered goals against us is that Ball is not there to prevent it. Adams is not a Ball replacement. They are not even like for like.

Ball was a magnificent defensive mid who allowed our star midfielders (Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas) to do their thing. Adams just plays as a defensive mid because he is too small and too slow to play as an attacking one.

Just to reinforce this - a live example is happening at the MCG again today. Carlton presently has 6 of the last 7 goals. Partly, it's because Collingwood apparently lacks talent and heart but mostly it's because we have no competent defensive mid who can stop the opposition run when we're down. If Luke Ball were playing at his peak), this would simply not be happening.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Moore is not AFL standard at the present time.
Maybe will become standard and maybe a star, But at the moment he isn't much chop.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:01 pm

He's embarrassing himself and the club at the moment.

Stick back into the VFL until 2018.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 am
Post subject: Darcy Moore seems likely to remain at CollingwoodReply with quote

Just heard Liam Pickering, Darcy's manager, on SEN this morning. He's confident that Darcy will be at Collingwood next season. Noting that Darcy has just got back onto the field, it makes sense to be playing good football before signing - as did De Goey, who leveraged his form for a higher payday.
Pickering said he is in contact with Ned Guy once a week and that he is satisfied with how discussions are going.
He mentioned that the Swans and other clubs are interested, but there was not much emphasis on this point.
I finished listening to this discussion feeling very confident that Darcy will beat the Pies next season and beyond.

(yes, I posted this in the Re-sign Darcy thread, but figured a few more interested punters would find it here and we can have a change in direction of discussion away from where the other thread had been heading)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:57 am
Post subject: Re: Darcy Moore seems likely to remain at CollingwoodReply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
Just heard Liam Pickering, Darcy's manager, on SEN this morning. He's confident that Darcy will be at Collingwood next season. Noting that Darcy has just got back onto the field, it makes sense to be playing good football before signing - as did De Goey, who leveraged his form for a higher payday.
Pickering said he is in contact with Ned Guy once a week and that he is satisfied with how discussions are going.
He mentioned that the Swans and other clubs are interested, but there was not much emphasis on this point.
I finished listening to this discussion feeling very confident that Darcy will beat the Pies next season and beyond.

(yes, I posted this in the Re-sign Darcy thread, but figured a few more interested punters would find it here and we can have a change in direction of discussion away from where the other thread had been heading)

Great stuff. Thanks AP.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:31 am

That locks in to Talking Footy & quote!

Darcy was not ready to sign till he had a body of work to justify

Apparently Sunday and his game swung the move to sign quicker

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 am

Thought he was excellent on Sunday. Took the game on and looked confident. Hope he signs up soon
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 pm

In the second half, yes - in the first half, he was helping Scharenberg hold back the water with a sieve.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm

No disrespect to Dunne as he has been our backline general but Darcy at 22 brings a different approach to backline

we / i talk of dynasty and Darcy fit and committed is 10 yr tool toward that

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:07 pm

No Shock There. There never been anything really solid to Suggest he would Leave
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:40 pm

it is good news. it is nearly impossible to leave before free agency, so it would take some really serious falling out for player to reject an offer within about 30% of market.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:41 pm

I said it in the DeGoey thread. It is rare Pies lose players they want to keep.

Beams and Nick Davis are about the only two in recent memory (at least my memory).
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
In the second half, yes - in the first half, he was helping Scharenberg hold back the water with a sieve.

He was outstanding in the 2nd qtr, presented himself well to the ball and thwarted several eagle attacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 93 of 122   

Jump to: