Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:

Where we finish is very relevant. If someone bids for him we have to use our next available pick, which round it is in is irrelevant.

Hypothetically if we have pick 5, and the four teams ahead of us did not bid on Moore, but the team at pick 10 bid for him, we would only need to use our second rounder to secure him, as that is our next available pick.

The Buckley re-signing now makes perfect sense. Tank this year, pick up a top 3 prospect and Moore with a second rounder, and Bucks still has a couple of years left on his contract. Genius. He'd never have the guts to tank without that insurance. Razz

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:14 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Where we finish is very relevant. If someone bids for him we have to use our next available pick, which round it is in is irrelevant.

Hypothetically if we have pick 5, and the four teams ahead of us did not bid on Moore, but the team at pick 10 bid for him, we would only need to use our second rounder to secure him, as that is our next available pick.

The Buckley resigning now makes perfect sense. Tank this year, pick up a top 3 prospect and Moore with a second rounder, and Bucks still has a couple of years left on his contract. Genius. He'd never have the guts to tank without that insurance. Razz

In a perfect world he would resign now.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:21 am

^^Fixed Wink.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Stupied wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Stop counting your chickens before they hatch Dave.

A lot of people are interested in how Moore is tracking. I like that Dave is providing weekly updates, and so do many others. If you don't like the thread then just **** off out of it and post some other random troll shit somewhere else.

Well here's an idea. Why not put this thread in the Draft Forum where it belongs?!! Evil or Very Mad

Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm

collie dog wrote:
Stupied wrote:
collie dog wrote:

A lot of people are interested in how Moore is tracking. I like that Dave is providing weekly updates, and so do many others. If you don't like the thread then just **** off out of it and post some other random troll shit somewhere else.

Well here's an idea. Why not put this thread in the Draft Forum where it belongs?!! Evil or Very Mad

Here's an idea, ignore this thread if you don't want to read it!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 pm

collie dog wrote:
Stupied wrote:
collie dog wrote:

Back seat moderating is always a pain in the arse (yes I've done it before too) but even worse when you're wrong. This thread may be draft related, but that place is a no mans lands until later in the year. This is Collingwood related because he's Peter Moore's son and we're interested how he's tracking. If the conversation drifts to us drafting him, then it's just natural flow of a thread, no grounds for a relocation.

As someone else said, if a thread or poster annoys you then block them or just ignore the thread.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Quote:
Darcy Moore –

The selfless leader had yet another solid game for the Chargers, featuring in their best for a third-week running. Moore’s versatility is arguably better than any other key position player in the competition, and would be up there alongside Hugh Goddard as the best swingman of the competition. Moore’s ability to crash packs and read the play was a highlight, collecting eight marks, of which two were contested. He managed his time between forward and back, but has been played mostly as a defender throughout the start of the season. Although Moore only collected 13 disposals, it was his marking ability and influence at the contest that made him such a danger-man for the Chargers. He directs play, and is best described as a fearless and courageous leader with a team-first attitude. The only downside of Moore’s game on the weekend, was his tackling pressure. He recorded zero tackles on the weekend, which was the first time in over a year.

http://boundforglorynews.com/afl-bloodlines-round-three/

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:27 pm

^

Cheers Dave.

I also liked this in the same article.

Quote:
Sam Weideman –

The big lead-up athletic forward was threatening to have a breakout game like the one he produced on the weekend, and it came in stunning style. With AIS gun Christian Petracca missing due to AIS commitments, Weideman stepped up to the plate and bagged five goals in an impressive individual display. His nine dispels were of serious quality, operating at 88% disposal efficiency, whilst his six marks, of which four were contested affirmed that he’s one to serious watch in season 2014. The big tick for Weideman, is his speed off the mark and his leading patterns. For a bottom-aged player, he is impressive in both facets and if anything, his consistency from week to week is standing in the way of him going from a good forward, to a damaging one.

Even though we can't get him father son, I'd like to have another Weed at the club and this kid looks like he could be worth a shot.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:02 pm

I like that Moore's playing both forward and back. If Reid solidifies a spot up forward and White cements a spot as the third tall, Moore could potentially pair up with Brown down back.

Though, as a tall, it could be 2-3 or more years down the track. Whatever the case, having a KPP who can play either end of the ground is always a good thing, as long as he excels in at least one of them.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Well It sounds he is more a Rebounding Defender then a KPD
The Weed 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:30 pm

I hear Darcy broke a bone in his hand, can anyone confirm?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:33 pm

The Weed wrote:

Nope - Where you hear that

Az 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I like that Moore's playing both forward and back. If Reid solidifies a spot up forward and White cements a spot as the third tall, Moore could potentially pair up with Brown down back.

Though, as a tall, it could be 2-3 or more years down the track. Whatever the case, having a KPP who can play either end of the ground is always a good thing, as long as he excels in at least one of them.

By the time he comes on, Clokey will have his best years behind him and we'll need a replacement. He will be developed predominantly as a key forward, lock it in.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The Weed wrote:

Well he wasn't named for the charges on the weekend so there could be some truth in it.

Phark me our injury curse even extends to potential father son selections.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
The Weed wrote:

Well he wasn't named for the charges on the weekend so there could be some truth in it.

Phark me our injury curse even extends to potential father son selections.

Well it could be anything but does give what you heard something about it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 8 of 122   

Jump to: