Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams at the Harp Hotel: 5km from credibility

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:30 pm
Post subject: Beams at the Harp Hotel: 5km from credibilityReply with quote

Well kudos to Heritier for turning up albeit with a speech "full of vaguedom" for this layman. However, disappointingly "distraught Dayne" found time from his QLD bedside vigil of Mr Beams to squeeze in a chicken parma and pot at the Harp Hotel in East Kew.

As opposed to turning up and acknowledging:

* his club
* his team mates
* his trainers
* his fans
* his president
* his award

Dayne. In 20 years time you'll either mature and live to regret your "classless departure" or be too "unintelligent and rude" to realise what you have actually done.

Derek Hine?? I have Gold Coast's phone number. All bets are off!

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what goes through kids heads sometimes, but his behaviour has been either ill advised or just plain stupid from him.

Turn up, show your face, show some respect and then leave.

Instead, you've turned a 100,000 magpie army against you.

Pies, i hope you rape the brisbane list, and if not, he can rot in limbo for a season.

He's an embarrassment to himself and the number 17.

Hope that quad rips right off the bone.

Go Pies.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:56 pm

I think some might be over reacting.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Disappointed.. had high hopes..future Captain..forever Collingwood...*poof, done your dash ole son. Sold your soul. Good luck and best wishes to your old man Dayne, however , once out of the black and white armour, you are a mere mortal again. Heaven help you against us in that putrid gold/maroon joke of a club. Ours is steeped in honour and history, and hopefully, no it will be so, the next to step into #17 will truly honour and value its worth.You cant buy tradition and loyalty. Loved your work, but now you are history. spend your dollars wisely , hope it brings you happiness. But no amount of dollars can replace a place in the greatest club in the World. Pieland. Floreat Pica.....I 'ken love this club and all it stands for!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:02 am

jackcass wrote:
I think some might be over reacting.

I don't.

His arrogance deserves everything he gets.

Booooooooo

Warbler 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:10 am

It's sounding like he has used his crook Dad as a piss weak excuse to leave .

We must not accept only pick 5 from the Bears & if they refuse to budge then let him stand out for 12 months ( we then sue him for breach of contract & recoup his salary ) .

He can then take his chances in the draft & good riddance .

He used to be one of my fave players , not only because of his skill but because he didn't sook & argue with the umps .

GO PIES
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:02 am

If all the banter about playing on the theme of a sick parent are true, followed up with missing the Copeland, the boy certainly has lowered his colors.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:39 am

In some sort of defence for Beams but saying this without much info besides what I hear from Nicks, I've had to look after my Dad in his last months and you cant be bedside 24/7, so a dinner out with the boys is fair.

Beams' reason to go north was to spend quality time in his dads last months or years. Its makes sense to me that he would go.

When a person is faced with the big picture he may have felt the backlash was not worth the emotional turmoil and coming from irate supporters he probably thought it was going to come in spades.

I would have turned up to say goodbye and maybe cut the evening short but you just don't know his mental state. Does anyone know if he is struggling mentally and emotionally?

laird 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:00 am

magpieazza wrote:
In some sort of defence for Beams but saying this without much info besides what I hear from Nicks, I've had to look after my Dad in his last months and you cant be bedside 24/7, so a dinner out with the boys is fair.

Beams' reason to go north was to spend quality time in his dads last months or years. Its makes sense to me that he would go.

When a person is faced with the big picture he may have felt the backlash was not worth the emotional turmoil and coming from irate supporters he probably thought it was going to come in spades.

I would have turned up to say goodbye and maybe cut the evening short but you just don't know his mental state. Does anyone know if he is struggling mentally and emotionally?

Anyone choosing to leave The Collingwood FC is obviously very emotional and must be quite mental. So yes.

Thanks Beamsy!!

Now **** off!!

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:16 am

magpieazza wrote:

Sorry about your dad Magpieazza, I also have been wondering about how Dayne is travelling emotionally. My recent experience with my dying brothers adult children tells me that they don't make good decisions under such circumstances. I hope Dayne has some good support, sounds like he is lost to the Pies.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 pm

partypie wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Sorry about your dad Magpieazza, I also have been wondering about how Dayne is travelling emotionally. My recent experience with my dying brothers adult children tells me that they don't make good decisions under such circumstances. I hope Dayne has some good support, sounds like he is lost to the Pies.

Thankyou for your thoughts Partypie. I would like to reciprocate the condolences to you for your brother and whole family involved. Its a ripple effect for sure.
I've said and done dumb things before, especially under pressure but we just don't know Daynes situation.

However, I can understand peoples queries as to if he is fit enough to go out with friends he should be fit enough to go to a farewell to the club that has looked after him. Although he would not have had to put up with criticism while out with friends.
My biggest question is , how is his state of mind? If he is reasonably stable then he may have earned some respect by saying goodbye officially.
On the surface its a poor effort but you never know unless you are him.

Last edited by magpieazza on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:36 pm

He could, of course, simply have avoided the limelight. I think it was the sense of being mocked that upset many supporters. He is, after all, still on the payroll.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:54 pm

It's baffling that he is not concerned about losing the of support of club and supporters.

Roll up and make a speech thanking the club and supporters. Tell people he is sad to leave but needs to be with his family at this time. The kid would not be heckled at all, he would be loved.

Quite the opposite now.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Big T wrote:
It's baffling that he is not concerned about losing the of support of club and supporters.

Roll up and make a speech thanking the club and supporters. Tell people he is sad to leave but needs to be with his family at this time. The kid would not be heckled at all, he would be loved.

Quite the opposite now.

I'm starting to think there is something else, but going from hero to zero is bewildering.
He probably is just wanting to play football and be with family and doesn't want to deal with the pressure of staying.
When a person gets backed into a corner and doesn't know how to respond sometimes actions can be squeezed out subconsciously or indirectly... Hello Louis Suarez.

Just a theory for now.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Big T wrote:

Quite the opposite now.

It's clear now that sick father or not he doesn't want to be at Collingwood. As you say, if he was leaving reluctantly and thanked the club and supporters, everyone would be onside, to not do so shows there is much more to the story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: