Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Burqa

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
1061 wrote:
mandy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ the buka/burqa is the only garment that truly frightens me.

It's also the only one I have never personally seen being worn by anyone in Australia.

There's got to be one in every thread. Mandy even Muslims are allowing non Muslims to confuse the Burka with the Niqab, but if it makes you feel good continue on.

Confused I don't get your post - Mandy said she has never personally seen anyone in Australia wearing a burqa - what is the problem with that?

Bazzinga

David please do your thing even though we sat down for coffee and a chat Yet!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Huh?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:07 pm

David wrote:
Huh?

Double huh ???

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:
Huh?

Double huh ???

Triple huh???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Morrigu wrote:
1061 wrote:
mandy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

It's also the only one I have never personally seen being worn by anyone in Australia.

There's got to be one in every thread. Mandy even Muslims are allowing non Muslims to confuse the Burka with the Niqab, but if it makes you feel good continue on.

Confused I don't get your post - Mandy said she has never personally seen anyone in Australia wearing a burqa - what is the problem with that?

Well the actual Burqa I doubt anyone's seen in Australia but the Niqab is pretty common and for many non Muslims it is a confronting form of attire.

Now if the gang has finished can we get back to posting like Adults and not kids in a school yard picking the newbie once more.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:42 pm

1061 wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
1061 wrote:
mandy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Well the actual Burqa I doubt anyone's seen in Australia but the Niqab is pretty common and for many non Muslims it is a confronting form of attire.

Now if the gang has finished can we get back to posting like Adults and not kids in a school yard picking the newbie once more.

your point has no relevancy to mandy's statement. or morrigu's for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 pm

and Huh and Huh and Huh does?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:59 pm

1061 wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
1061 wrote:
mandy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

No one is picking on the " newbie" Tess - your post made no sense and you are correct the niqab is pretty common but I have seen women in the burqa twice in the past 12 months at the health service I work at - one occasion was a patient consultation - as I was a female and the consultation was private the woman was able to remove the face covering during this.

I fail to see why it is not acceptable to state that the niqab makes some people uncomfortable or is confronting for some - as long as we accept that our reaction must not impinge on the right that people have to wear it or dress as they please within the current laws whatever their reason for doing so!

And I still think Mandy was just saying she had never seen anyone in a burqa in Australia.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Morrigu wrote:

And I still think Mandy was just saying she had never seen anyone in a burqa in Australia.

Well I still think she was being sarcastic. Of course on this forum your thoughts are more valid than mine so I bow to your validity.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:18 pm

1061 wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Well I still think she was being sarcastic. Of course on this forum your thoughts are more valid than mine so I bow to your validity.

nope. how do you read sarcasm into her post? it seems you read it out of context.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Morrigu wrote:
1061 wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
1061 wrote:
mandy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

No one is picking on the " newbie" Tess - your post made no sense and you are correct the niqab is pretty common but I have seen women in the burqa twice in the past 12 months at the health service I work at - one occasion was a patient consultation - as I was a female and the consultation was private the woman was able to remove the face covering during this.

I fail to see why it is not acceptable to state that the niqab makes some people uncomfortable or is confronting for some - as long as we accept that our reaction must not impinge on the right that people have to wear it or dress as they please within the current laws whatever their reason for doing so!

Yep me too. I've seen some burkas. Walked past the relatives room in the Ed & 4 women sitting in a row with the Burka on - I had to do a double take - yep, this was Melbourne 2014. Took me aback as I wan't expecting to see that as I was walking past - if only we had a glass booth

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 am

Morrigu wrote:

I'm honestly struggling to see how anyone could read it any other way. Confused

#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:45 am

mandy wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Ditto! I read it 5 times to be sure

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:45 am

mandy wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Perhaps it was in what you didn't say? Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:05 am

That's right. How would Mandy even know what she meant?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: