Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Levi Greenwood - selects the Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
450k for 4 years is not huge money?

My god what planet do u live on?

Thats 25-30 years on an average wage is it not?

I just hope he fits in with the 'culture'.

Arnt we paying Mason Cox the untried American
500k over 3 yrs? In comparison Levi is getting pittance
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:49 pm

450k p/a

my goodness what happened to our education system
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:56 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
You are putting Buddy and Greenwood in the same argument.

My primary concern is this is significantly a better offer than we could manage to present to Dale Thomas.

Rudeboy was clearly comparing relative salaries in the same industry. How you came to the conclusion he was suggesting Buddy and Greenwood are of similar ilk I don't know. Fantasizing in a blind attempt to be RIGHT perchance?
Hmmmmmmmmm....

blakis 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:10 pm

It was just great to watch CarringbushCigar get taken down post after post. One of the highlights of my day.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

My primary concern is this is significantly a better offer than we could manage to present to Dale Thomas.

Rudeboy was clearly comparing relative salaries in the same industry. How you came to the conclusion he was suggesting Buddy and Greenwood are of similar ilk I don't know. Fantasizing in a blind attempt to be RIGHT perchance?
Hmmmmmmmmm....

Ooooh !! - the big guns are out.

Im not biting - i'll only repeat.

My primary concern is Greenwood's offer appears to be significantly better than we could manage to present to Dale Thomas.

My secondary concern is that this may be a bit knee-jerk, it looks like it has been hatched quickly. Concerned about due diligence.

Im not saying if its correct or incorrect for sure and I can't provide any evidence Lazza. In fact I hope it proves to be a stunning success.

If the Daisy thing don't concern u as an individual - its ok.
I'm just saying for me it does, if true.

And if true, i'm not sure what it does for morale and culture.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:17 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm....

My primary concern is Greenwood's offer appears to be significantly better than we could manage to present to Dale Thomas.

My secondary concern is that this may be a bit knee-jerk, it looks like it has been hatched quickly. Concerned about due diligence.

Im not saying if its correct or incorrect for sure and I can't provide any evidence Lazza. In fact I hope it proves to be a stunning success.

It's significantly less than Daisy (with a bunged ankle) was offered. You know that, so please move on to another topic. Rolling Eyes
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
really curious as to why he would want to leave a prelim finalist to go to a club that seemingly (according to some) has no hope.

Money.

Our deal probably guarantees he'll be at least half a million better off in 4 years time.

i'm seeing $450k x 4 years. that seems overs not that i am a contract expert.

Not sure where you guys are seeing these figures. Reports I've seen (The Age) suggest that the Dogs offered the biggest contract. Ours was apparently similar to North's offer.

And on why he would leave: he was initially offered only a 1 year contract after finishing second in their best and fairest. That's reason enough for the eye to wander. North seemed to be too busy chasing tail (Higgins, Waite, Varcoe) to worry about the players they already had.

I think he'll be a good addition. If his 2014 was not a flash in the pan then we've done well. Might be even be a useful tagging option while Caff is out.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:38 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
[b]You are putting Buddy and Greenwood in the same argument.[/b]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

My comment was about your Buddy & Greenwood comment, highlighted above in italics for your convenience.
Chuffed to be referred to as a big gun, but really, flattery will get you nowhere Wee Willem Embarassed

Last edited by Fatui Attata on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 pm

and i told u I'm not biting - because i really can't be bothered talking about year 7 maths
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:49 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
and i told u I'm not biting - because i really can't be bothered talking about year 7 maths

Looks like yr 7 maths pokes an old wound. I won't mention it again Cool

4everpies 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:52 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Joel wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Now we are offering twice that for a 26yo with 70 games under his belt, that we may have never met.

Rodney Eade on Levi Greenwood at the Westpac Centre today: "We're certainly keen to get our hands on him. He was very impressive when we spoke to him."

Thank you this is the kind of information that is relevant.

Now I just hope we met him and it wasn't a satellite phone to Bali.

His manager, Liam Pickering, was on SEN this arvo and said that since the prelim final, Greenwood had met and had medicals with all clubs who were interested in him.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:54 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
really curious as to why he would want to leave a prelim finalist to go to a club that seemingly (according to some) has no hope.

Money.

Our deal probably guarantees he'll be at least half a million better off in 4 years time.

i'm seeing $450k x 4 years. that seems overs not that i am a contract expert.

Not sure where you guys are seeing these figures. Reports I've seen (The Age) suggest that the Dogs offered the biggest contract. Ours was apparently similar to North's offer.

And on why he would leave: he was initially offered only a 1 year contract after finishing second in their best and fairest. That's reason enough for the eye to wander. North seemed to be too busy chasing tail (Higgins, Waite, Varcoe) to worry about the players they already had.

I think he'll be a good addition. If his 2014 was not a flash in the pan then we've done well. Might be even be a useful tagging option while Caff is out.

i saw the figures on that veritable source for trade info, facebook. i also thought he had been offered two years rather than the one but the latter seems to be the common consensus. pickers had been trying to deal with the roos since the middle of the season and got little traction. spunds like they hedged their bets and lost this one.

i followed greenwood in his early days, like i do all draft picks. he was disappointing but from what we have all seen this year he looks like he will add something. happy that he wants to come play for us.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:49 pm

[quote="scoobydoo"][quote="CarringbushCigar"]450k for 4 years is not huge money?

I just hope he fits in with the 'culture'.[/quote]

500k over 3 yrs? In comparison Levi is getting pittance[/quote]

No 200k a season, a BMW X5 (lease) and $300 spending money per week.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:26 pm

Listening to Walsh on SEN he sounded pissed.
He would not be happy as director of footy doing deals for Higgins and Wait then loosing Levi.
It'd be like us getting Clarke and loosing sidebottom ( Levi is one of their best two way runners)
What would make it worse is loosing Levi to us.
Might take a bit to get the deal done

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:34 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
450k for 4 years is not huge money?

I just hope he fits in with the 'culture'.

500k over 3 yrs? In comparison Levi is getting pittance

Do you mean $500,000 a year or divided over 3 years?

It would have to be the latter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: