Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Onya skip! Pendles & Billy on Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting on Footy Classified last night the reaction to this was

"what did you expect them to say"

Which is pretty much what I said.
SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:57 pm

dalyc wrote:
Just as an aside:

Clarkson had 8 seasons at the Hawks before winning a flag
Malthouse had 10 ( for us ) before winning one
Roos had 8 seasons at the Swans for one flag ( though he got one within 3 of him starting )
Thompson got his first after 8 with the Cats

My point I guess is that winning a flag is not easy and requires a combination of coach, players, luck with injuries, luck with the draw, terrific recruiting ( draft and trades ) and good administration.

If the clubs above had lost their bottle after 3 years, would they have gone to be powerhouses they are now? Who knows but I don't think its time for us to lose our bottle.

That is oh so true. During my own lifetime we have played in (I think) 17 GFs for a total of 4 flags.
Just under Malthouse – by which time the Colliewobbles had supposedly been put to rest - we played in 4 GFs for one flag. For mine I’m not sure that the number of premierships determines how good or bad a coach is but rather whether the team is competitive which I guess means something like winning more games than you lose and at least being a possible flag contender. Just consider, if the Tiprat had enjoyed a better bounce in the first GF 2010 and we had lost that one by a slender margin would that have made Malthouse a poorer coach?

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Donny wrote:
Some replies in this thread were deleted, as they became meaningless, following the deletion (for whatever reason) of the post/s being referred to.

Please follow the guidelines in The Rules re. contacting the Mods' team about this matter or anything else.

This started it Donny, and it's stills sits with pride on page 3.

collie dog wrote:

Clap and cheer. Great post! What people must realise is that without Darren Jolly we would not have won the 2010 Premiership. End of story!

The meaness and short memories of Collingwood supporters make me realise why we have been vilified for so long. We are the bogan kings of the AFL. Razz

As for Pendles. What a suck.

It was poor judgment to delete that which followed.

If collies free to post his opinion, we should be too.

That's just my opinion.

Moved on, but since you posted I thought I'd express again how poor I thought the censorship was.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:34 pm

SZ, the censorship was entirely justified. There's no space for personal abuse on Nick's, whatever the cause or whoever started it.

As for Collie Dog's post, the situation is being discussed by the mods right now.

Thanks,
David for BBMods.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:41 pm

I can't see anything wrong with it personally, there're no personal attacks. I even agree with some points although calling Pends 'a sux' is a little strong... but hey, so what it's an opinion, and frankly after reading the article in question it sounds all a little like a scramble to me... and this was even backed up by another one (below) which also sounds like a scramble....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nathan-buckley-welcomes-conflict-as-collingwood-strives-for-success-20141002-10pdac.html

better to have said nothing at all imho and just get on with the draft period.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:41 pm

David wrote:
SZ, the censorship was entirely justified. There's no space for personal abuse on Nick's, whatever the cause or whoever started it.

As for Collie Dog's post, the situation is being discussed by the mods right now.

Thanks,
David for BBMods.

I disagree, but No point arguing.

Back on topic.

Apologies for the disruption. Had to be said.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:28 pm

So can you tell me how my post, which was the first reply to the Collie one still there, was personal abuse?

Quote: and with that comment nothing more needs to be said...

Clearly I stepped over the line.

Sometimes it's better to just admit you got it wrong.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Just as an aside:

Roos had 8 seasons at the Swans for one flag ( though he got one within 3 of him starting )

My point I guess is that winning a flag is not easy and requires a combination of coach, players, luck with injuries, luck with the draw, terrific recruiting ( draft and trades ) and good administration.

If the clubs above had lost their bottle after 3 years, would they have gone to be powerhouses they are now? Who knows but I don't think its time for us to lose our bottle.

^^^^Great post.

And Jackass, appreciate you being my unofficial ghost writer in response to The Lone Ranger. The blind judgments some people make from afar, and then back it up with 'clutching at straws' reasoning is astounding. I asked for proof from the Lone Ranger and the best he could offer was that Bucks is "robotic". Akin to treating a celebrity in the flesh as if they're your best mate because you've seen em on telly quite a bit. I don't see much harm in sharing rumours about the draft/trades, but personal assessments based on imagination is pretty much gossip dressed up as fact.

Fatui ... seriously.
There are no "facts" or "proof" as to whether Bucks is a good coach or not, its all opinion. All any of us can do is "make judgements from afar".

The core of the 2011 list remaining largely unchanged from 2011 to 2014. Yet the team I think was the best Collingwood team in the last 25 years has steadily gone down hill. I think people management is the problem. Obviously thats not a "fact", its an opinion.

You seem to very optimistic and chose to just look at where we are now. Even though we been going down hill, you think that with less injuries and a a better run we can turn it around and think Bucks is the best man for the job. Thats not a "fact", its an opinion.

I have followed the Pies for a long time, and attend pretty much every game, even interstate. I love this club and sincerely hope that your opinion turns out to be correct.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Just as an aside:

^^^^Great post.

And Jackass, appreciate you being my unofficial ghost writer in response to The Lone Ranger. The blind judgments some people make from afar, and then back it up with 'clutching at straws' reasoning is astounding. I asked for proof from the Lone Ranger and the best he could offer was that Bucks is "robotic". Akin to treating a celebrity in the flesh as if they're your best mate because you've seen em on telly quite a bit. I don't see much harm in sharing rumours about the draft/trades, but personal assessments based on imagination is pretty much gossip dressed up as fact.

Cheers, a pleasure. The Ranger is generally a poster who adds something constructive but happy to challenge where appropriate.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
I think Port made huge improvements with much the same list as under Primus. I put 95% of that down to Hinkley. Clearly you dont.
Lets agree to disagree

Agree.

Look I'm not saying Hinkley didn't make a difference but there was a confluence of things that contributed to their turnaround. They added Wines, Monfries, Hombsch, and Neade at the draft, McCarthy threw himself of a balcony in Vegas, and they appointed Hinkley. That was all underpinned by 5 years of top draft picks culminating in Wines. They only had 1 way to go.

Pies on the other hand were a team heading the other way. We had a best 22 crammed with rookie picks, 2010-11 saw Lockyer, Medhurst, Fraser, Davis, Anthony, Rusling, L Brown, O'Bree depart, Didak was never the same player after the pec injury, Jolly's body started to fail, we had season ending injuries to Macaffer, Brown, Krakouer, Daisy, Ball, lost Beams for the best part of a season, lost Reid for the best part of a season, had Dawes request to be traded, had Wellingham request to be traded, had Shaw have a mental meltdown.... not too much went right after the 2010 GF... yet people are all too happy to trot out the "youngest GF team" crap as though it guaranteed us a dynasty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: