Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Onya skip! Pendles & Billy on Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

suck is a suck.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 pm

We should now add SWANNY to the title, after his interview on SEN today.

He confirmed that the group was closer than it has been for a while and everyone feels confident to contribute to discussion, not the same people dominating.

When asked whether renewed closeness could be due to the fact that there were no longer the cliques, he said yes.
And most importantly he said young players felt comfortable to NOW have a say without the fear of being ridiculed.

He was very positive about the more inclusiveness.

If LT is changing culture as described above by Sawn then we are really on the right track to establishing an enduring positive culture at the club.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:28 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
We should now add SWANNY to the title, after his interview on SEN today.

He confirmed that the group was closer than it has been for a while and everyone feels confident to contribute to discussion, not the same people dominating.

When asked whether renewed closeness could be due to the fact that there were no longer the cliques, he said yes.
And most importantly he said young players felt comfortable to NOW have a say without the fear of being ridiculed.

He was very positive about the more inclusiveness.

If LT is changing culture as described above by Sawn then we are really on the right track to establishing an enduring positive culture at the club.

As I said in another thread. Some short term pain for long term gain.
If there are players not buying in then bring in one's that will.
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:42 pm

John Wren wrote:
swanny on the radio at the moment, certainly doesn't sound too guarded or troubled by how things are at the westpac centre. even ventured to say that the group feels as close as it has since 2010.

They said in preseason 2014 it's the best they have felt since 2010 and believed premiership was around the corner.

I'm all for where the club is heading, but I don't pay attention to throw away lines made by <snip - oh honey, no. BBMods.>.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
I dont think he has "lost the players". I just dont think he has the ability to inspire, to instill confidence, to get the best out of people as a coach.

So, what factual evidence do you have that will help shed light on Buckley not inspiring, instilling confidence and getting the best out of people? Literal examples of things that Bucks has/hasn't done that supports your argument. Us finishing outside the 8 this year is a result of things not going to plan, so don't cite that as evidence. That represents the 'what happened', or outcome. I wanna know the 'how it happened', or method Buckley used that, in your eyes, has failed. Be very specific, or you will quickly gain a reputation for being bogus.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Does anyone seriously expect that they would say anything else? lol

No, but you and I know they could have said nothing.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:57 pm

collie dog wrote:
1061 wrote:
What else would/could a Captain appointed by Buckley say?

I'd like to see an end to the constant Jolly Hate from supporters and CFC Staff, remembering that these players are paid employees.

Clap and cheer. Great post! What people must realise is that without Darren Jolly we would not have won the 2010 Premiership. End of story!

The meaness and short memories of Collingwood supporters make me realise why we have been vilified for so long. We are the bogan kings of the AFL. Razz

As for Pendles. What a suck.

<snip - personal abuse removed.>

Jolly was an integral part of a Pies premiership side and for that we thank him. But Jolly has also acted without grace since he left. He refuses to acknowledge that he was passed it and has sniped at everyone since. So desperate is he to remain in the limelight he signs up to reality TV with his equally ungraceful wife.

Scott Pendlebury is our club captain and best player. He has risen to the role of captain because of his on-field deeds but also because of the way he conducts himself at training and around the club. I would expect our club captain to defend the club's coach when under siege from members of the press and to express a view contrary to those who sit outside the club.

Last edited by Albert Parker on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Regarding jolly, it's extremely possible that recruiting him cost us back to back flags, I'm firm in my opinion that if we didn't land jolly we would've landed Mumford at the end of 09, we'll never know of course.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:30 am

collie dog wrote:
1061 wrote:
What else would/could a Captain appointed by Buckley say?

I'd like to see an end to the constant Jolly Hate from supporters and CFC Staff, remembering that these players are paid employees.

Clap and cheer. Great post! What people must realise is that without Darren Jolly we would not have won the 2010 Premiership. End of story!

The meaness and short memories of Collingwood supporters make me realise why we have been vilified for so long. We are the bogan kings of the AFL. Razz

As for Pendles. What a suck.

Dude without Leon Davis we wouldn't have won the 2010 Grand Final. End of Story. It didn't stop you from mercilessly attacking him for almost his entire career .....

Same could be said for Daisy Thomas!

I don't think arguing how great a guy was in 2010 (and I met him after the drawn grand final - a charismatic leader who I have not doubt was influential in making sure we took the right attitude into the following week), has any bearing on judging him for his actions in the twilight of his career when sadly his knees made him a talented ruckman who couldn't jump or run making him a liability in virtually every aspect of the game of a ruckman (and even more sadly, he appears to be the only one in the entire football world - you aside - who couldn't see that the end has come). thank god Bucks was strong enough to tell him it was over instead of being a premiership sycophant like the coaches and admin were after 1990, which cause a 12 year success drought which took a full 9 years for us to realize was happening.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:42 am

<snip - personal abuse removed.>

- without Jolly holding down first ruck skillfully in 2010 our premiership hopes would have been in jeopardy. Without him we would have had to rely on the likes of Cam Wood or even old Josh. Its doubtful we would have have enjoyed the same level of success with those two holding down first ruck duties.

Jolly's time was certainly up but the truth of what transpired later in his exit interview will only be known when the memoirs start appearing in a few years. I suspect his departure was mismanaged but thats just my opinion. Those who attack Jolly dont know what happened either. They just swallow the Buckley line hook line and sinker and call it fact.

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:33 am

Did anyone hear Toovey on SEN before the final round game against Hawthorn?I am told he said players now talk more openly amongst themselves than under MM where there were definite cliques amongst the group.

Regarding Jolly, he has priors.Snipes against Neale Daniher and Josh Fraser to name a few .Spent more time in 2013 arguing with umpires.His performance in the 2013 VFL final was pathetic.Care factor zero, arguing with team mates.Jolly just couldn't handle the truth.Pendles nailed it when he caalled it immature.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:37 am

Doing it is not among my strongest traits.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 am

What kind of a joke is it?
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:10 am

Fatui Attata wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
I dont think he has "lost the players". I just dont think he has the ability to inspire, to instill confidence, to get the best out of people as a coach.

So, what factual evidence do you have that will help shed light on Buckley not inspiring, instilling confidence and getting the best out of people? Literal examples of things that Bucks has/hasn't done that supports your argument. Us finishing outside the 8 this year is a result of things not going to plan, so don't cite that as evidence. That represents the 'what happened', or outcome. I wanna know the 'how it happened', or method Buckley used that, in your eyes, has failed. Be very specific, or you will quickly gain a reputation for being bogus.

Have you not been to many of our games and seen the lack of confidence? The way players avoid tacking risks. The way we always go backwards and sideways rather than take the game on. The way skills are down which is a key indicator of lack of confidence.
Three years of steady decline seems to not be enough evidence for you. Everyone's entitled to their own view.
Bucks is very robotic for want of a better word. If we had 22 players with a mindset just like him or Pendlebury, he would be a magnificent coach. Unfortunately we dont so man management becomes a key skill. Thats where I feel he is lacking.
Compare us to Port who take risks, play with flair, run, and take the game on. The huge lift in confidence instilled by Hinkley is the big change for them.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:11 am

Good heavens Mods what are you doing? I suggest I'm going for the block button for the first time in fifteen years after collie dog's appalling post and my post is deleted.....or more accurately, censored. I'm disgusted, especially as collie's post still sits here offending all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: