Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pick 4, Brown and Thomas for pick 1.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When Brown is on the park he's our best defender bar none.

No.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Not the best idea. Significantly weakens our experienced depth even further. Worst time to be trading Brown as well coming off a season of shoulder injuries. If we were to trade him, play him all of next year and he can easily get you a low first rounder. Brown is getting to the age and experience level where defenders have the confidence and really blossom. I think next year, you'll see a lot more intercept marks and rebounding effectiveness from Brown. I'd rather trade Keefe to be honest.

Way too much to give for a Petracca. You're effectively saying Beams + Brown equals Petracca assuming we get a pick 4 + a Thomas equivalent from Brisbane. If we were to get Pick 1, it'll need to be Brisbane convincing St Kilda to give up pick 1 to us for whatever they're prepared to offload for Beams.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Brown has all but missed two seasons out of the last four years so he's not great depth when he can't get out on the park.

Genuine concerns now over that shoulder which are all to frequently subject to re-injury. He still has some currency though but wont should he re-injure that shoulder.

If we could land Sam Frost with a pick in the 20's then we gain further coverage for Keeffe and jack Frost.

Thomas has some talent and could yet blossom next year without Beams when given more midfield opportunity.

Those two players alone aren't worth pick 1 but throw in pick 4 and I think they should be.

Given the saints would retain a top 5 pick it represents better value than the supposed GWS offer IMO.

If you don't want Petracca then pick 1 would be enough to snare Dangerfield should he commit to the pies.

It's not likely to come to fruition anyway and I wouldn't be giving up any of Brown and/or Thomas unless pick 1 or Dangerfield were involved.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:01 pm

I'd do it, swoop! Whether it's Keeffe or Frost instead of Brown. Or Blair (ha ha, I wish!) or Lumuba instead of Thomas. Don't really care, Petracca seems to be streets ahead of all else so well worth IMO.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Im ok with paying above the odds for dangerfield rather than overs for pick # 1. For mine, i just hope the pies would be working really hard behind the scenes to broker a three way that sees all parties getting something out the deal. To me it all hinges on dangerfield telling the crows if he will be wanting to come home at end of 2015. If he tells them that now, surely dangerman is a chance to make his way to the pies next season. Maybe crows get aish OR mayes + # 4 ( and maybe a steak knife from pies ), lions get beams and the pies get their ready made gun, a natural leader and a marketing tool all in one. Beams is a wonderful player but dangerfield is better ( clearances, resting in forward line, game turning ) Maybe we should throw in two steak knives to get this one done.
Or - if Patty is happy over there, then i have just wasted 15 mins writing a completely irrelevent post but thats just what the trade period does to you.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 pm

I'm not a big fan of Browns, think he's massively overrated by most of our fans, I'd do that trade.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:09 pm

^^That would not be smart. For one you're trading Brown which is a mistake.

Secondly you've decided to do the deal even though you don't know who is available at 4. I'm also assuming you've never even seen Petracca play. More thought needed on this one Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: