Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheer Squad questions need and answer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIEROMANIA 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:41 am
Post subject: Cheer Squad questions need and answerReply with quote

I am thinking of joining up my nieces in the cheer squad for next year - much to their mother's dismay (she is a non-believer)- and would like some information.

Do you have any minimum age restrictions (they are 6,9,12)?

Do you want kids in the CS or do they just get in the way?

How suitable is the CS for kids? I know you have a no bad language/behaviour policy, but how often does this go out the window during the heat of the game? I know I spend half the match bitting my tongue and I sit nowhere near as close to the action as the CS does. Besides the eldest is too vocal already, so I am not sure I want to get her any worse!

Also is it possible to get to sit with the CS for this week as a sort of 'trial run"?

Thanks in advance.

**** When the Pies are on fire, the 'G' does burn*****

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheer squad welcomes everyone we already have youngsters in the squad and there are no problems.

But its no sunday school barbecue its a passionate area and at times well most times very emotional.

We do have a policy of no language if anyone is heard to yell out the "C" word or "F" word they will be told nicely to calm down and they usually do.

I dont like the term 'trial'it sort of sounds like the cheer squad will be in court for a day and you will pass judgement.

Bring the kids into the squad and expose them to real passion and the belief that they are growing up supporting the greatest club in the world

Let them be vocal and proud but remember they will be sitting with people who would give there left leg for this club.

So we cant promise church like behaviour but we can promise you your kids will be safe and in good hands they will become like family.

If you need to know any more please come and see us on saturday middle deck at the ponsford end.

Myself or kerri(president) or frankie or any other committee person from the cheer squad will only be too happy to talk with you.
cheers
joffa

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:47 am

I've been trying to guess what the c word is.....Im guessing it's Carlt....oops nearly said the naughty word.

Fradam Wrote This
PIEROMANIA 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 7:43 am

Thanks a million! And SORRY I didn't mean to offend and come across all 'holeyer than thou'; after re-reading my post I realise it could have been worded much better and less Sunday School like!

I have hardly any voice left after Saturday's game, so they are use to the passion and cheering. The trial run refers to the youngest two. They love Collingwood, but don't like going to the footy, so I though they hype of the cheer squad might help complete the indoctrination by their father and I. I hope this will make them see the light. Also it will be a trial run for me to see if I can behave myself!!

If I can get out of work on Saturday and can convince the kids to come with me I will certainly pop in to say hi and cheer on the boys with you.

Again thanks for the help and sorry for any offence.

**** When the Pies are on fire, the 'G' does burn*****

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: