Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suns sack McKenna. Any Pies' interest?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Another Malthouse alumni "bites the dust"!!!

* Neeld
* Watters
* Laidley
* Worsfold (flag aside)
* Now McKenna

And no Bucks won't be next!

This only instills more faith in Bucks for me.

Can't see Bluey coming our way. As one of Mick's disciples why would Bucks want him.

If Bomber is heading north Essendon better move quickly to replace Golden Boy. It's gotta be Sando or Vos I reckon. Just stay away from Burnsy.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:52 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Another Malthouse alumni "bites the dust"!!!

* Neeld
* Watters
* Laidley
* Worsfold (flag aside)
* Now McKenna

And no Bucks won't be next!

I'm pretty certain Worsfold wasn't an assistant coach under Malthouse just the captain of a side he coached.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Oh christ no! Lets keep Buckley and let Gold Coast have the only great coach available, that'll work!

I like Piesnchess's attempt to drown out opposition before it materialises, that's actually good rhetoric mate, well done!
Doesn't change the facts though. Buckley destroyed an elite, premiership team, and Collingwood supporters are so fond of failure and have such short memories that they think he's doing a great job!
There's only been 4 years we've fallen as far as we did this year in the last 50, it's easily our worst in the last decade, but the Blind Brigade don't care! The evidence for Buckley's incompetence can continue piling up all around and they'll still insist he's the second coming!!
It just blows my mind how determined some people are to continue spiralling out of control! Will they apologise and change their minds when we finish in the bottom 4 next year? Nope! They'll say it wasn't fair coz Buckley had no players left!!

Meanwhile Gold Coast have taken the hard decision. They've dropped a coach who has done WAAAAAY better than Buckley BECAUSE there is a coach available who can take them to the next level. They plan on playing finals next year, and they want a finals coach. We'll be watching them next season while our gys are on holiday PRECISELY because so many of us are happy to struggle, happy to fail, happy to rebuild, forgetting that half a dozen sides have started their rebuilds already!

Don't get whiney on me, you'll get your wish! We WILL spend the next few years in the shite thanks to your fear of success, you've done a sterling job!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:17 pm

What more could McKenna do? Develop a group that doesnt crash and burn when they lose one player to injury.

I personally would have given McKeena one more year since he was developing a team from scratch.
However, if they already have Bomba locked up, that changes things and its a good move.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:22 pm

You'd can pretty much bet Sando would get a job before Bluey if there were to be an addition to our coaching ranks.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Blah blah blah Guy Mckenna got sacked and we are £$%$ed and blah blah blah blah $£$%^%%$ AFL and don't get me started on Buckley blah blah blah and Eddie stole my lunch money blah blah blah Anthony Rocca didn't kick a point blah blah blah Tony Locket should have been a pie blah blah blah youngest team in history to beat the saints blah blah blah torn out the fabric of the club and my pants blah blah blah you are all sheep and I love typing blah blah blah could I possibly get a job as a receptionist blah blah blah
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:36 pm

BBHS wrote:
Blah blah blah Guy Mckenna got sacked and we are £$%$ed and blah blah blah blah $£$%^%%$ AFL and don't get me started on Buckley blah blah blah and Eddie stole my lunch money blah blah blah Anthony Rocca didn't kick a point blah blah blah Tony Locket should have been a pie blah blah blah youngest team in history to beat the saints blah blah blah torn out the fabric of the club and my pants blah blah blah you are all sheep and I love typing blah blah blah could I possibly get a job as a receptionist blah blah blah

Lol.......got a good laugh out of that one.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

geek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm

BBHS wrote:

You forgot to start it with "Oh Christ" or "Oh God" and you didn't make it obvious enough that you think we are morons for not agreeing, only to complain about personal attacks later.

Could do better. 4/10. See me after class.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:43 pm

BBHS wrote:

Even a "perceptive fellow" like myself thinks this is funny.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:45 pm

BBHS wrote:

GOLD...... Twisted Evil Razz
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:49 pm

I likes bluey and thought he deserved another year.

Why would anyone take on a new franchise.

He won't b an option at the pies. He is a big malthouse man.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I thought he'd done well. trending upwards every year. On cusp of finals in 4th year (would've made it if Ablett doesn't get injured). New guy is going to reap the rewards for his 6 years of hard work and be a 'genius'.

Agree, don't know what more he could have done.

This coach sacking shit is just bloody rediculous Daz.

What MORE could McKenna have done to develop a very young list?

Create a miracle and make these young kids 150 game players in 3 years???

This is just like the bloody Richmond/St. Kilda coach sacking merry go round from 10 years ago............. Rolling Eyes Got them nowhere fast..... Exclamation

I now don't see GCS being a threat for a few years...... Cool

Dislike the way it appears they've undertaken a review to justify a predetermined decision.

Doubt it'll impact in any way on the development of the team regardless of who replaces Bluey.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:14 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I thought he'd done well. trending upwards every year. On cusp of finals in 4th year (would've made it if Ablett doesn't get injured). New guy is going to reap the rewards for his 6 years of hard work and be a 'genius'.

Agree, don't know what more he could have done.

This coach sacking shit is just bloody rediculous Daz.

What MORE could McKenna have done to develop a very young list?

Create a miracle and make these young kids 150 game players in 3 years???

This is just like the bloody Richmond/St. Kilda coach sacking merry go round from 10 years ago............. Rolling Eyes Got them nowhere fast..... Exclamation

I now don't see GCS being a threat for a few years...... Cool

Dislike the way it appears they've undertaken a review to justify a predetermined decision.

Doubt it'll impact in any way on the development of the team regardless of who replaces Bluey.

I still see their progress impeded by 1-2 years by the nonsensical sacking Daz.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

just like MM after tony Shaw!

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:19 pm

it wasnt due to the senior side

it was the reserves who didnt win a game all year and got the spoon was the issue.

head coaches are managers now
They need to be looking and developing both teams.

The problem is there are alot of great assistant coaches, but not many make the transition to head coach these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: