Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The List Manager on Trade Radio

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
Stop trying so damn hard to forget success and expect failure! You WILL get it, don't worry!

How often do you miss taking your happy pills dude Question

Must be of real concern to those who love you........ Rolling Eyes

Dear me, what a sad situation we have with 35forever Crying or Very sad Sad
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Museman wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Great write up
Still I would go with more high end draft picks
rather than give good picks for a ready made player.
I think we may get a first and second round pick for beams.
We may get pick 22 for harry.
This would give us 5 picks inside pick 30.
Build a very good team around this with our rebuild efforts
in 2012 and 2103.

Would mean we are 5-6 years from being a genuine threat given age profiles, and when we become that threat GWS and to a lesser extent GCS would be in their prime.....

We were probably 5 years away before Beams left, I vote for full rebuild and I'd be looking to trade Cloke out.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Massive year for Buckley and the club in 2015.

Port and Hinkley have changed the playing field for all.

I suspect Sanderson and McKenna are casualties in part because of it.

Port should be our inspiration and proof that things can turn around very quickly when you get it all right.

People forget how much of a rabble they were seen as at the end of 2012.

Next season will go along way to deciding whether Buckley is the cause of the current malaise inside the club and things will only get worse or in striving for greater professionalism within it some players have been found wanting, have departed and we'll improve with a united playing group all on the same page.

It's a 50/50 bet right now and I don't know which one is more likely.

I just hope we're aren't left in any doubt one way or another.

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh Christ! I can't believe how many people are happy to be the leagues whipping boy for a couple of years when we were the best side in the game just 3 fu**ing years ago!!!

My prediction at season's end was that we'd be 10th-12th in 2015, just a couple of weeks later that's looking ridiculously bullish! These people have utterly dismantled the best Collingwood side in 80 years and you lot are gonna let them get away with it provided we're competitive again around the turn of next decade!!! Short term pain! Fu^k off! It's been 50 years of pain and all of it caused by idiots in suits! I can't believe how short your memories are! THINK about our 2011 team! It isn't ancient history! The biggest problem Buckley had in his first year was what to do with all the talent, we actually had too much!
We should be celebrating our record-breaking 5th flag right now and instead we're discussing which type of player to get with our early picks to make us competitive in 2018!
Imagine how we'd be now with Pendles, Beamer, Daisy, Heater, Cloke Swan, Ball, Blair, Steelo, Harry O, Caff, Wellingham, Dawes, Reid, Elliot and Fasolo at their best? Add to that the kids Hine would've provided who would be working their arses off trying to break into that squad! This is the side that thumped Port by 70 odd in round one. At half time we were 13.3! We only kicked that score as a total three times this year, and we were kicking straight! A week later we flogged North by even more, we were unbackable for the flag, we won a dozen games by more than 50 points and two by over a hundred. This was just 3 years ago!!!!!

And you're happy with being competitive in a few years time?!?! No wonder we go through so much bloody misery, I think most Collingwood supporters like it! In 2012 we should have been BETTER than we were in 2011, and THAT is what we were told to expect, no one talked of re-builds, the footy media were shitting themselves, all the Collingwood haters were miserable! No one could see how we could fail to win more flags. That side would wipe the floor with this years grand finalists, with that side intact we'd be developing new players and new methods to stay a step ahead, Swan would have a second Brownlow and Pendles would've joined him. Instead our lone Brownlow medallist was so pissed off at what we've done he barely raised a whimper after finishing 3rd in the Charlie last year, and he wasn't the only one. All this because we had to fix what wasn't broken! All this because sticking to a contract was more important than success, All this because ONE man put himself ahead of the club and threatened to walk to North if he didn't get the gig he wanted. Every time a player here has talked of 'walking' everyone jumps on him and says "Fine! Piss off then!"
Imagine if we'd done that, and North got Buckley?
Would North have made the prelims this year? Come on! Would they? I know we would have!

Stop trying so damn hard to forget success and expect failure! You WILL get it, don't worry!

There is no point building to just be competitive and just make finals (see Richmond and Carlton now). We need to build for a flag. There is a significant difference in the way to build.

I'll remind you Dogs and Saints were top four in 2010 too. It doesn't or rarely lasts forever.

Its about building it the right way. Take short cuts and it is more likely to fail than succeed
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:29 pm

35forever wrote:
In 2012 we should have been BETTER than we were in 2011, and THAT is what we were told to expect, no one talked of re-builds, the footy media were shitting themselves, all the Collingwood haters were miserable! No one could see how we could fail to win more flags.

Regardless of what you think is the reason for our fall, you cant argue with this.
How quickly some forget just how powerful we were in 2011 with a young list expected to only get better.
We got hit hard by injuries in 2011 and were still flogging everyone.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
35forever wrote:
In 2012 we should have been BETTER than we were in 2011, and THAT is what we were told to expect, no one talked of re-builds, the footy media were shitting themselves, all the Collingwood haters were miserable! No one could see how we could fail to win more flags.

Regardless of what you think is the reason for our fall, you cant argue with this.
How quickly some forget just how powerful we were in 2011 with a young list expected to only get better.

Plenty of people agree with bits and pieces of what 35 says. It's just he can't see that. He also can't accept any opposing argument. He's too busy having a 3 month effing sooky rant to realise it.

He's too busy sledging the entirety of nicks and calling them all morons.

Too busy yelling at people about what we should be doing when no one on nicks can actually change anything down at the club.

Too busy placing himself on a pedestal he doesn't belong on.

Too busy putting words into people's mouths.

Too busy making up FACTS

Too irrational to have a rational conversation with.

He's a lost cause who currently is just polluting threads with the same rubbish.

He's good at art though. I pay him that much.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:15 pm

September Zeros wrote:

Yep. The art of bullshit....... Rolling Eyes
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

I hear you.
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:24 pm

melliot wrote:
35forever wrote:
Oh Christ! I can't believe how many people are happy to be the leagues whipping boy for a couple of years when we were the best side in the game just 3 fu**ing years ago!!!

My prediction at season's end was that we'd be 10th-12th in 2015, just a couple of weeks later that's looking ridiculously bullish! These people have utterly dismantled the best Collingwood side in 80 years and you lot are gonna let them get away with it provided we're competitive again around the turn of next decade!!! Short term pain! Fu^k off! It's been 50 years of pain and all of it caused by idiots in suits! I can't believe how short your memories are! THINK about our 2011 team! It isn't ancient history! The biggest problem Buckley had in his first year was what to do with all the talent, we actually had too much!
We should be celebrating our record-breaking 5th flag right now and instead we're discussing which type of player to get with our early picks to make us competitive in 2018!
Imagine how we'd be now with Pendles, Beamer, Daisy, Heater, Cloke Swan, Ball, Blair, Steelo, Harry O, Caff, Wellingham, Dawes, Reid, Elliot and Fasolo at their best? Add to that the kids Hine would've provided who would be working their arses off trying to break into that squad! This is the side that thumped Port by 70 odd in round one. At half time we were 13.3! We only kicked that score as a total three times this year, and we were kicking straight! A week later we flogged North by even more, we were unbackable for the flag, we won a dozen games by more than 50 points and two by over a hundred. This was just 3 years ago!!!!!

And you're happy with being competitive in a few years time?!?! No wonder we go through so much bloody misery, I think most Collingwood supporters like it! In 2012 we should have been BETTER than we were in 2011, and THAT is what we were told to expect, no one talked of re-builds, the footy media were shitting themselves, all the Collingwood haters were miserable! No one could see how we could fail to win more flags. That side would wipe the floor with this years grand finalists, with that side intact we'd be developing new players and new methods to stay a step ahead, Swan would have a second Brownlow and Pendles would've joined him. Instead our lone Brownlow medallist was so pissed off at what we've done he barely raised a whimper after finishing 3rd in the Charlie last year, and he wasn't the only one. All this because we had to fix what wasn't broken! All this because sticking to a contract was more important than success, All this because ONE man put himself ahead of the club and threatened to walk to North if he didn't get the gig he wanted. Every time a player here has talked of 'walking' everyone jumps on him and says "Fine! Piss off then!"
Imagine if we'd done that, and North got Buckley?
Would North have made the prelims this year? Come on! Would they? I know we would have!

There is no point building to just be competitive and just make finals (see Richmond and Carlton now). We need to build for a flag. There is a significant difference in the way to build.

I'll remind you Dogs and Saints were top four in 2010 too. It doesn't or rarely lasts forever.
Its about building it the right way. Take short cuts and it is more likely to fail than succeed

Please don't do that.

The day either of these two teams are the ones we measure ourselves by is the day to give it away.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Here's one for the "perceptive fellow" to enjoy.

In the last 50 years of St Kilda and Collingwood: Grand final stats.

Collingwood: 2 wins 2 Draws 10 losses (might be 9 losses, correct me if wrong)
St Kilda: 1 win 1 Draw 4 losses

That win column was a bouncing ball and a Tip Rat away from being reversed. Lets not pretend here, when you're talking ultimate success, we're about as successful as St Kilda, just without the wooden spoons.

Of course we have a better culture, always play finals etc etc, but considering their limits and how close they came to having more premierships in the last 50 years than us, lets not be so quick to take the high ground on that one.

The Bulldogs however are truly shit. Laughing
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Wokko wrote:

That win column was a bouncing ball and a Tip Rat away from being reversed. Lets not pretend here, when you're talking ultimate success, we're about as successful as St Kilda, just without the wooden spoons.

Of course we have a better culture, always play finals etc etc, but considering their limits and how close they came to having more premierships in the last 50 years than us, lets not be so quick to take the high ground on that one.

Correct
Must remember its flags only that count.
I hate hawthorn!!!!!!!

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
35forever wrote:

Plenty of people agree with bits and pieces of what 35 says. It's just he can't see that. He also can't accept any opposing argument. He's too busy having a 3 month effing sooky rant to realise it.

He's too busy sledging the entirety of nicks and calling them all morons.

Too busy yelling at people about what we should be doing when no one on nicks can actually change anything down at the club.

Too busy placing himself on a pedestal he doesn't belong on.

Too busy putting words into people's mouths.

Too busy making up FACTS

Too irrational to have a rational conversation with.

He's a lost cause who currently is just polluting threads with the same rubbish.

I think he used to be a cameraman at Channel 0; name rings a bell.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Wokko wrote:

But but but the 2010 premiership side was the best ever assembled. They also were the youngest ever and we've seen how EVERY premiership winning team stays at the top forever and wins multiple flags in a row....

Sorry, forgot to add...

FACT!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Is it just me, or does Derek Hine always seem like he's just swallowed a bottle of valium?

I'm not criticising his job as our chief recruiter, but he never smiles or conveys much emotion at all. He seems a dour and unhappy chappy.

But have you seen him lose a game of poker? (and never start a sentence with a prepostion) oh damn it Wink

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:51 pm

By the way 35forever, you're annoying as hell but I read every post because I love your passion. Stay around!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: