Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So you reckon we're in strife? Read on...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If your dying of a heart attack and the bloke next to you is dying of a heart attack, I'm not sure you will feel any better.

I'm worried about the club and it's direction.

I'm worried about loosing quality people like Walsh and I'm worried that we are loosing a player of the calibre of Beams. I'm also worried we don't appear to be a club that is at tracking the best players looking for a flag from the lower teams. If we are not careful, our players will want trades to Cats, Hawkes, Port and syd.

I am though prepared to give Bucks more time given the unarguable run of injuries we have had. We need to support the club into next year and then go from there.

One thing they haven't done wrong is recruited talented kids.

jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Lazza wrote:
jdpie1970 wrote:
35forever wrote:
Hahaha! Yeah! LUCK will do the trick!
We just need LUCK!

SO what is the "forever" plan other than sacking the coach, dismantling the board and letting go the cafe staff ?

Bugger the "forever" plan. Malicious vendetta achieved when Buck's is sacked. Box ticked.
Then it will be a constant stream of sack Eddie, sack Pert, sack Burnsy, sack McRea etc etc............... Evil or Very Mad It would never ever stop.

Malicious, vindictive, narrow minded, petty whatever there still must be some sort of outcome desired and ultimately at the end there must be the start of another path ? I am interested to know what the plan is, it can't just be about venting your spleen. There just has to be something enlightening there doesn't there ?
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:07 pm

35forever wrote:
Speculation!?!? 8 premiership players in 2 years gone and you're WONDERING where the problem could lie?! Hmmmmmmm, let me see? Maybe it’s the sandwiches at Westpac? I've heard they aren't what they used to be!

Have a think! the point of this thread was to compare us to the dregs of the league, to show how well we're actually doing! Instead it comprehensively proves that we are right at home amongst them, although even Essendon hasn't lost as many players, and they haven't seen a Prelim final in way over a decade! These are all duds who don't play finals, WE were back-to-back minor Premiers just 3 years ago and this is the first time in nearly a decade we've missed the finals! Only on 3 other occasions in the last 50 have we had as bad a year The only logical and reasonable conclusion is that we are in WAY worse shape than the rest of this list
A few ratbag players you think? Like who? Pendles? Cloke? Sidey? That’s
about all we have left!!!

1. Only 6 Hawthorn players were in both their 2008 & 2014 premiership sides. They got rid of 16 premiership players over 6 years. When H & Beames depart we will have lost from 2010 to 2015 12 premiership players over 5 years. We are on a par with Hawthorn for reinvigorating our list.

2. We finished 11-11 for wins/losses in 2014. In the past 50 years these are
the seasons with a worse (below 50%) win loss record; 1968, 1976, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004 & 2005. You were out by 10.

High on hyperbole but very short on facts.
SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:07 pm

35forever wrote:
Speculation!?!? 8 premiership players in 2 years gone and you're WONDERING where the problem could lie?! Hmmmmmmm, let me see? Maybe it’s the sandwiches at Westpac? I've heard they aren't what they used to be!

Have a think! the point of this thread was to compare us to the dregs of the league, to show how well we're actually doing! Instead it comprehensively proves that we are right at home amongst them, although even Essendon hasn't lost as many players, and they haven't seen a Prelim final in way over a decade! These are all duds who don't play finals, WE were back-to-back minor Premiers just 3 years ago and this is the first time in nearly a decade we've missed the finals! Only on 3 other occasions in the last 50 have we had as bad a year The only logical and reasonable conclusion is that we are in WAY worse shape than the rest of this list!

A few ratbag players you think? Like who? Pendles? Cloke? Sidey? That’s about all we have left!!!

A couple of months ago you were saying that you knew for an absolute fact that we had the best list in the competition. Are you now saying that Pendles Cloka and Sidey are the only good players we have? What's happened to the rest?

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 am

melliot wrote:
Not sure what is gained by measuring yourself against the worst in the comp. If we want to improve, measure ourselves against the best.

Hallelujah!

Until we stop expressing penis envy for everything Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney does (actually you can add Freo and Port to that list now), then we will never learn. These sides are the benchmarks for obvious reasons. They will all be around the top for the next decade the way they are managed too.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 am

collie dog wrote:
melliot wrote:
Not sure what is gained by measuring yourself against the worst in the comp. If we want to improve, measure ourselves against the best.

Hallelujah!

Until we stop expressing penis envy for everything Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney does (actually you can add Freo and Port to that list now), then we will never learn. These sides are the benchmarks for obvious reasons. They will all be around the top for the next decade the way they are managed too.

Huh?

You tell us to stop expressing penis envy for everything Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney and then in the next two sentences you show nothing but the keenest admiration for said clubs endowments (throwing in Freo and Port).

Do we aspire to those clubs or not?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 am

OK I will tell them when I see 'em.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 am

I think the issue was we moved on players we thought were too injured, had too much of an attitude problem, wanted a bigger slice of the salary cap and weren't really fitting the best 22 because they refused to work to be there.

The lack of experience replacing that going out was a mistake, but there wasn't much worthy of going after, Buckley took a massive risk and had there not been so many injuries there we may have been playing finals again and not having much of a problem there.

We've worked the problem out, addressing it now... sure Beams wanting to go is a bit of a kick to the balls it's not the end of the world. We've a decent young list that needs to grow.

It will do that, just need to be patient and let it grow... don't panic and let take it's course. I think the worst thing we can do is try and make major changes that's just going to send us backwards further.

I feel Buckley has the tools to grow this list, he has the coaches and he has the ability, just needs to learn from the mistakes which I assume he has.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 am

Top post.

Be glad when trade week is over, it's making me very nervous!

Cheers

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:20 am

I have sat on the fence on this matter for so long that the splinters hurt my posterior. but i now realise that to do what Adelaide did would be a knee jerk reaction, especially as we have Buckley's (excuse pun) of winning the comp next year anyway

Therefore I truly urge caution, let us get our act together slowly, let's get some games into these kids and rebuild, slowly.

But we must make every post a winner, trading and drafting. Because this year is the year of Merde, just like 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 40 years ago and 99, 82, 76, 05 etc the poison is not over yet. I fully expect us to get screwed in the Beams and Moore situations. Macaffer and Scharenberg are still injured, so the Merde will carry on until next year. It is possible that we will lose to GWS and other palookas. But be brave, folks, the nightmare of 1987 ended with the joy of 1990.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:36 am

Lazza wrote:
melliot wrote:
^ Yer. We just can't tell from the outside, what is going on?

I'm not sure if we are in free-fall and there is a culture direction shift problem that is upsetting players unnecessarily................ or;

......... there is implementation of culture direction change for the better that is upsetting players.

If it's the former, then we need to consider a coach change.

If it is the latter, then best to say bye to the players that don't agree with the challenge and draft in new blood that can be developed and grown into the culture the club is trying to achieve.

Very fair comments and I agree.

The frustration is that, as you said, it becomes purely speculative unless we actually KNOW whats going on deep inside the club.

And all the information I have heard from people that are directly involved with the club say that there is not a problem. Until I hear something definitive to rebuke this I support the current regime.

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Kind of mesningless unless upwards of 10 teams are in strife and it paves our way to finals.
----------
------------
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:32 pm

sixpoints wrote:
35forever wrote:

Have a think! the point of this thread was to compare us to the dregs of the league, to show how well we're actually doing! Instead it comprehensively proves that we are right at home amongst them, although even Essendon hasn't lost as many players, and they haven't seen a Prelim final in way over a decade! These are all duds who don't play finals, WE were back-to-back minor Premiers just 3 years ago and this is the first time in nearly a decade we've missed the finals! Only on 3 other occasions in the last 50 have we had as bad a year The only logical and reasonable conclusion is that we are in WAY worse shape than the rest of this list
A few ratbag players you think? Like who? Pendles? Cloke? Sidey? That’s
about all we have left!!!

1. Only 6 Hawthorn players were in both their 2008 & 2014 premiership sides. They got rid of 16 premiership players over 6 years. When H & Beames depart we will have lost from 2010 to 2015 12 premiership players over 5 years. We are on a par with Hawthorn for reinvigorating our list.

2. We finished 11-11 for wins/losses in 2014. In the past 50 years these are
the seasons with a worse (below 50%) win loss record; 1968, 1976, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004 & 2005. You were out by 10.

High on hyperbole but very short on facts.

That was one of the best burns I have seen on this website. Well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: