Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why are they moving/removing threads?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad someone's asking because i was worried everyone wanted to talk about "Moved"
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:42 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Seedsmeister wrote:
Not only is there a General Feedback forum, there is also one to discuss Drafting and Trading. Things could get moved there as well, especially at this time of the year to unclog the main forum.

General Discussion is not a dumping ground to discuss anything and everything. Something that fits any of the other boards will be moved, where's the problem in that? Why catergorise sections if they are not used.

Well its simply isn't good enough as it does not suit 35forever's agenda.

And what is this 'agenda' specifically, pray do tell?

Sorry I edited my post prior to your response being posted.

You know full well what I am talking about. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm

BLAME Bucks, gotta be Bucks fault, and last night up here in Mt Evelyn, a huge tree fell across the road, now that's just gotta be Bucks fault, surely ????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
I'm glad someone's asking because i was worried everyone wanted to talk about "Moved"

Moved sounds like a better topic overall.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Yes its only a footy forum but its OUR footy forum and we are entitled to ask questions about its management.

Of course, but when there's a subforum specifically set up for it, I'm not sure why questions/complaints can't be made there.

As for merging, is it controversial that two threads on exactly the same subject should be merged? I would have thought this was the norm on most internet bulletin boards.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Yeah, "It's only a footy forum" is a really weak excuse. Meanwhile why is there a dead thread about Mitch Clark sitting there? Why is there another thread that we "don't have permission" to view? You can't just delete threads you don't like the tone of, that’s not your job, and you can't close threads because you don't like where they're leading.
It seems strange and suspicious that this is happening right when an emissary from the club happens to grace us.
I don't care if this is a football site or a needlework site, everyone has the right to make their views known, most especially when things are going badly.

Oh, and Prototype, if 3 sentences is too long for you could I recommend a remedial reading class at your local library? Sorry...let me rephrase: Go fix reading. Help you good!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:07 pm

35forever wrote:
Yeah, "It's only a footy forum" is a really weak excuse. Meanwhile why is there a dead thread about Mitch Clark sitting there? Why is there another thread that we "don't have permission" to view? You can't just delete threads you don't like the tone of, that’s not your job, and you can't close threads because you don't like where they're leading.
It seems strange and suspicious that this is happening right when an emissary from the club happens to grace us.
I don't care if this is a football site or a needlework site, everyone has the right to make their views known, most especially when things are going badly.

Oh, and Prototype, if 3 sentences is too long for you could I recommend a remedial reading class at your local library? Sorry...let me rephrase: Go fix reading. Help you good!

This forum like just about everything is life has rules and guidelines. We post on this forum in the full knowledge that certain standards need to be met. Being a moderator can be very time consuming and is to a high degree thankless task. I personally feel that the Nicks mods do not over moderate. Without their involvement Nicks would be a feral place.

Your "rights' as you put it only go so far and enough of the conspiracy theories please.

As for you comments to Prototype - you are very rude and offensive. I am sure you like it that way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
But suppression of freedom of speech? You're on a footy fansite for cying out loud.

Pot + Kettle = BLACK
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

[quote="35forever"]Yeah, "It's only a footy forum" is a really weak excuse. Meanwhile why is there a dead thread about Mitch Clark sitting there? Why is there another thread that we "don't have permission" to view? You can't just delete threads you don't like the tone of, that’s not your job, and you can't close threads because you don't like where they're leading.

Oh, and Prototype, if 3 sentences is too long for you could I recommend a remedial reading class at your local library? Sorry...let me rephrase: Go fix reading. Help you good![/quote]

Let me guess, it was that mod called Donny again!
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:34 pm

35forever wrote:

This can be a normal part of the moderating process.

Occasionally they will put a thread into a temporary area of the board that only Mods/admins can view while they as a collective group decide what to do about a particular post or thread. For example, one mod might think a post is borderline abuse and wants to get the opinion of another mod to see if they agree a rule was broken.

While it is in this special area the thread will appear to be deleted to us plebs who don't have access to view it... Usually the thread will re-appear once the mods delete or modify the post/s that got their attention.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Wrong, SteveH. Try again.

35, the two Mitch Clark threads (breaking exactly the same news regarding the same topic) were merged and moved to the Draft and Trade Forum where they belong. That may be the reason why one now appears to be inaccessible. I can assure you that all the posts are still there, just under the older thread title.

We all value freedom of speech to some extent or other, but Nick's (like pretty much any moderated internet forum in existence) is not a 'libertarian' board. Abusive posts, trolling and flagrant rule-breaking do tend to result in post deletion or editing more often than not. Beyond that, there is a broad freedom of discourse here. While nothing's perfect, I think we get that balance right most of the time.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:42 am

And why are so many posts getting deleted? I've had one go over night where I agreed with a thread, my vote of approval, and it wasn't just +1. And yet I still see some of the vitriol on some threads. It's getting very confusing. Is there a word limit?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:54 am

^^^^^
Karma? Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:28 am

think positive wrote:
And why are so many posts getting deleted? I've had one go over night where I agreed with a thread, my vote of approval, and it wasn't just +1. And yet I still see some of the vitriol on some threads. It's getting very confusing. Is there a word limit?

A whole lot of posts were deleted the other night in the Beams/Buckley threads, I think. The deleted posts consisted almost solely of an off-topic, obnoxious, mostly playing-the-man-not-the-ball "discussion" between so-called "perceptive fellow" and their more persistent opponents. A few posts responding to that conflict were deleted as well, but we took care not to delete anything that actually referred to the topic at hand.

As for vitriol on other threads, we're trying to keep on top of it, but it's a big job and we don't necessarily see anything. Feel free to report if you see anything clearly unacceptable (that goes for everyone).

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:38 am

David wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Yes its only a footy forum but its OUR footy forum and we are entitled to ask questions about its management.

Of course, but when there's a subforum specifically set up for it, I'm not sure why questions/complaints can't be made there.

As for merging, is it controversial that two threads on exactly the same subject should be merged? I would have thought this was the norm on most internet bulletin boards.

I understand that merging the trade/draft rumour threads can be very difficult, though perhaps less so now that Cooking Device doesn't post under that name. I think those of us who are interested in the trading news would be greatly assisted, though, if the Mods could be very active over the next few weeks in consolidating and/or deleting new threads about existing topics. So, just one thread on Beams. One on H, one on Pendlebury and Elliott when they're put up for trade , etc. Its amazing how much drivel goes up, especially when people create a new thread for every rumoured deal involving a particular player (almost all of which are just unsubstantiated rumours taken from other sites). Its ok at the moment but it will reach fever pitch for about a week from next Monday morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: