Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The great big, consolidated Mitch Clark thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 am
Post subject: The great big, consolidated Mitch Clark threadReply with quote

Quote:
But the Pies look set to instantly replace his talent with Melbourne forward Mitch Clark, who is close to declaring the Pies as his preferred home.

With three weeks still remaining until trade week other suitors could emerge but those close to Clark say he would head to Collingwood if it was his choice.

The Pies would conduct thorough medical tests on his feet and ensure he was mentally ready to resume his career before offering the Demons a pick or player in return.

Very Strong Chance he is Coming now and Sounds like it be for a 3rd Round Pick

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/heritier-lumumba-set-to-leave-collingwood-while-melbourne-forward-mitch-clark-eyes-magpies/story-fni5f6hd-1227060688975

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced he's the answer. How many key position players do we need?

Brown
Reid
Cloke
Grundy
Witts
Frost
Keeffe

Does this mean we won't be drafting Moore as a F/S?

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:22 am

Not included in that list but could have been:

Gault
White
Cox

And potentially Mitch Clark.

I don't get it

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

^split that list into forwards and backs. Cloke and White are it for senior forwards. Gault is developing but needs more VFL time. Reid can swing but considering the loss of nearly all our back line experience, we need him back.

So we are left with Cloke. Good. White , who is inconsistent and needs to have pressure to keep his spot. And Gault a kid.

So I think Clark is the right type of mature recruit. But whether he is the right person is the only concern for me. Is his foot and mental strength good enough?

The upside for potentially a 3rd round pick is possibly worth the risk IMO.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

^split that list into forwards and backs. Cloke and White are it for senior forwards. Gault is developing but needs more VFL time. Reid can swing but considering the loss of nearly all our back line experience, we need him back.

So we are left with Cloke. Good. White , who is inconsistent and needs to have pressure to keep his spot. And Gault a kid.

So I think Clark is the right type of mature recruit. But whether he is the right person is the only concern for me. Is his foot and mental strength good enough?

The upside for potentially a 3rd round pick is possibly worth the risk IMO.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 am

Deja Vu wrote:
Not included in that list but could have been:

Gault
White
Cox

And potentially Mitch Clark.

I don't get it

We do need another ruck (really only two on the list that are likely to play in 2015) and could do with another tall forward as Reid's best position is defense.

Clark fits, now it's a matter of whether he's fit.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 am

Perhaps we could just trade White for Clark - if Clark never plays a game, he will still be better for us.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

^ I still have hope for White coming good. He has all the attributes, just goes missing. I think in a good side, he'll prosper. But as a No.1 or No.2 he will struggle. If we get Clark and if he comes good, he and Cloke become No. 1 and 2 KPF, with White as the 3rd. I think this is where he can be a bigger influence. Both Clark and White can give the chop out in the ruck to one of Witts and Grundy.

If White doesn't come good, then we have Witts and Grundy to play ruck & 3rd tall. So we ultimately have some selection pressure on White.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Basically Clark would be an improvement on White.

It enables us to play Clark at FF, Cloke at CHF and Reid at CHB where he was all-Australian.

White would become our reserve ruckman playing mainly in the VFL.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Deja Vu wrote:

Moore is a kid and will take time to develop.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Joel wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

Moore is a kid and will take time to develop.

Moore will be groomed to replace Cloke in a few years.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Can we get the title changed to spell his surname correctly? Clark
FFS there has even been a whole thread dedicated to this issue.

Last edited by Albert Parker on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:52 pm

melliot wrote:
^ I still have hope for White coming good. He has all the attributes, just goes missing. I think in a good side, he'll prosper. But as a No.1 or No.2 he will struggle. If we get Clark and if he comes good, he and Cloke become No. 1 and 2 KPF, with White as the 3rd. I think this is where he can be a bigger influence. Both Clark and White can give the chop out in the ruck to one of Witts and Grundy.

If White doesn't come good, then we have Witts and Grundy to play ruck & 3rd tall. So we ultimately have some selection pressure on White.

I wish I shared your hope. He runs faster than a locomotive, leaps tall buildings in a single bound, can kick the ball over a wheat silo but simply can't read the play, at all - I remember being terrified at first by his mobility when he played for the Swans against us in 2013 and being less terrified when I realised that he was getting thrashed by smaller, slower players.

I wouldn't want to be unnecessarily harsh but I just don't know how a key position forward can drift out of the game for over an hour at a time (by which I mean, not get a single touch) and leave Blair as the CHF hit-up target unless the KPF is unable to read the game. That happened on at least three occasions I can think of this season. Maybe he's just learning the game-plan but that's not how it feels watching him play - it's more like he has absolutely no idea.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
melliot wrote:

I wish I shared your hope. He runs faster than a locomotive, leaps tall buildings in a single bound, can kick the ball over a wheat silo but simply can't read the play, at all - I remember being terrified at first by his mobility when he played for the Swans against us in 2013 and being less terrified when I realised that he was getting thrashed by smaller, slower players.

I wouldn't want to be unnecessarily harsh but I just don't know how a key position forward can drift out of the game for over an hour at a time (by which I mean, not get a single touch) and leave Blair as the CHF hit-up target unless the KPF is unable to read the game. That happened on at least three occasions I can think of this season. Maybe he's just learning the game-plan but that's not how it feels watching him play - it's more like he has absolutely no idea.

I too had big hopes for White. As it stands, if we get Clark, I wonder if the club might consider trading White, since with Witts, Grundy, Gault and even Cox, he'd basically be surplus to requirements?
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:06 pm

^ What? You're expecting our injury curse to dissolve?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15   

Jump to: