Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Caro nuts Harry for Beamsy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:05 am
Post subject: Caro nuts Harry for BeamsyReply with quote

Hutchy saying we only have about $275,000 for Beams without letting someone go.. other clubs will offer high 400's

Caro says we will lose someone to keep both Cloke and Beams and said "you'd think Harry O"

Last edited by ClokingDevice on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly it's Caro so who gives a flying and what relevance does it have for anything. Secondly, I don't mind it.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:10 am

rambopriscilla wrote:
Firstly it's Caro so who gives a flying and what relevance does it have for anything. Secondly, I don't mind it.

Thommo makes me laugh, he said $275 is about right for Beams, you don't pay on 9 games and potential Laughing

Wish he was handling our list management Laughing

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 am

They are Just Wishing That
MattyD 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am

they will try anything to derail this club, won't they?

Hutchy's clutching at straws
Scotch 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:20 am

How the hell would they even know how much we have left in our salary cap space, how much we are offering the numerous players out of contract, and the salary Beams is currently on?

Bunch of tossers.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 am

I have a notion that, if we can win the flag, that Johnno and didak will retire, so wouldnt that make the room in our cap to accomodate Beams. ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:29 am

It's great watching the media scratch about like malnourished chooks looking for a story. The club just needs to stay calm and focused and let things unfold as they will without taking the bait. This is one area Teflon Bucks has a clear edge on MM, although it must be said he is yet to be personally subject to their sinister wiles. But he's certainly started well on this front.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 am

My GOD the football media are a ridiculous bunch of semi-literate hacks!!!
Certainly, any talk of how much we are paying or offering anyone is pure speculation, they have no clue.
They continually misundersetimatify us and continually look foolish as a result.

They also don't get how a footy player thinks. Two of the biggest motivations for players - particularly young and unmarried ones - are being at the best club (with the best facilities and the best chance of a flag), and playing footy with their mates. Of course the first IS a financial inducement in that being a premiership player is second only to a Brownlow in terms of "Good things to have on the CV" It is worth real money. A player also has to weigh up the risks of starting at a new club halfway into their career. If the staff, facilities or other factors don't suit them they could be shooting themselves in the foot.

Beamer, Wellyboot, Clokey and the rest will be staying right where they are thanks very much Caroline.

I'd say Collingwood, with all the benefits they can offer a player, (just look at the lovely all-expenses-paid trip to a flash resort at Port Douglas for an example) are well positioned to retain all the players they want to retain, and indeed can look confidently at players from other clubs who might suit our plans and fit into our structure.

Lets go shopping...

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

Piesnchess wrote:
I have a notion that, if we can win the flag, that Johnno and didak will retire, so wouldnt that make the room in our cap to accomodate Beams. ?

Flag or no flag it might be time for these two. Look at what happened when Luke Ball got injured. Beams becomes a 30 posession top midfielder that now commands big dollars in the open market and would walk into most teams' starting middle 4.

To be honest Johnno and Dids being available potentially keeps the next crop out of our side and restricts their development.

If we are going to keep our next crop ie: Beams, Sidey, Shazza, Blair then we will need to make some tough decisions on our veterans.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 am

I found myself disagreeing with very little Caro had to say last night. Embarassed
#SIDEBYSIDE
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 am

God people in this thread talk shit!

They said others will offer 400k. At the moment over the last 9 weeks or so, he is playing like a 400k player. Doesn't mean he is worth 400k based off 9 games. Though if he keeps it up; he may be worth 400k.

Caro then said with the way they are all playing, you would expect to lose one player through all of this. Cloke is going to be on a mint, Beams will be decent, Reid needs to be signed.

Then it was a case of, if you had to lose one who could you safely get away with… Harry O was the person.

Now it’s no secret I dislike Harry, but that does not mean for one second I think he is going to go nor does it mean I think he will be the one to be cut.

I don’t think we will lose any player, but **** me dead just because they had a conversation on TV does NOT MEAN THEY ARE TRYING TO DESTABALISE THE CLUB!!!!!!

With all the contract talks about Cloke and others here, guessing how much players are worth and who should retire at the end of the season, then I guess we are trying to destabilise the club too.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:02 am

i liked what Grant Thomas said he put the other 3 stooges in their spot. If we sign up all Caro will ask for a royal commission how we kept them all.
ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

Piesnchess wrote:

A flag and Jolly and Tarrant would retire too, and that would get us across the line easily you'd think

ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

double

Last edited by ClokingDevice on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: