Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What do you want out of the trade period ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind:

Patful to GWS for pick 20.
Beams to Lions for pick 4, 20, and 24.
Harry to Dees for pick 22.
Pick 24 to Roos for Aaron Mullett.

We get a fair deal for Beams without the Lions having to give up any of their young talent. Patful gets to move to Sydney, Harry gets to the Dees and we get our hands on Mullett.

In the draft would like the picks used on:

Pick 4 - Angus Brayshaw (gives us a highly skilled hard inside player).
Pick 8 - Darcy Moore.
Pick 20 - Clem Smith (will give us a real nasty factor to our back line and some excellent rebound).
Pick 22 - Nakia Cockatoo (silky smooth player with speed).
Pick 28 - Jarrod Garlett (as with Cockatoo plus he's a goal kicker).

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Ok, I'll bite.

Forget Brisbane. I hate them too much.

Beams to Gold Coast for Pick 7 and 14. (2 first round picks. Fair right?)
Pick 7 and 14 for Dangerfield. (Fair right?)
Does Bucks really really want Danger?

Harry to Dees for pick 22 or player X. Maybe?

Pick 8 - Darcy Moore.

Gold Coast get Beams. They need him!
We get Dangerfield in his prime which is better than Petracca/Brayshaw at age 18.

Cheers.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Coming back to this thread, because I do not want to trade with Brisbane after all the fluff last week.

Without posting a trade scenario, and with the expectation that Harry and Beams are gone;

I want Greenwood AND..... I still want Mullett from North.

I want someone to replace Harry. And it's looking like its going to be Varcoe. Do I WANT Varcoe? I don't know? But I'm sure I'll warm to him once he's in the jumper. (I think H is worth more tho).

I want a top ten pick as close to #1 as possible. I'd really love to draft Petrecca, but I cannot see a scenario where we get pick 1 or 2....

.....After Moore's selection with pick 9 and the expectation that pick 30 will be used to get Beams out and Levi in, our remaining picks are 48, 67, 85 and 103. These may be swapped around re: Beams, and I'd love to turn 48 and 67 into lower picks. (But keeping in mind that players like Langdon and Ben Johnson were taken with pick 65 and 62).

......Gault and Frost are still on the rookie list and you would expect Frost, if not both, to be upgraded with pick 85 and 103.

I still feel like we need to address CHF with the retirement of Q Stick and White needing to lift. I have no idea what we could do here other than getting more games into Gault.

The same could be said for depth in our ruck stocks. I am very happy with Witts at #1 and Grundy developing (possibly into that CHF spot). But I do think we need to find a backup plan and I would be open to using one of those later picks (Or rookie pick) to bring someone in.

That brings me to GWS.

I'd love to get one of those youngsters that may slip thru their fingers. In particular, I'd love Shiel or Treloar. Even Cameron. Once again, I find it hard to see a scenario where this happens, but you never know.

I don't know how many rookie selections we'll have, but other than possibly finding an experienced ruck, I guess we need to use them all on youngsters. Tyler Roos I think is worth a rookie spot if he is still there. (Cant see any delisted players worth looking at. But it's possible Leroy Jetta could find his spark at a new club, yeah/nar?).

In a side note: I would also like to offer the VFL captaincy to Sewell and see if he is interested.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:02 pm

If and it's a big bloody if at this stage we ended up with pick 3 then there's a chance we could still land Petracca if the saints went with McCartin at 1.

Roos is said to be a big fan of Brayshaw.

If we ended up dealing with GWS and got 4, 19 and a player then I'd like us to trade with Melbourne for pick 3.

I'm thinking 4, 19 and 48 for 3 and 23 could be a chance or even just 4 and 48.

They are said to be after Frost with pick 48 supposedly enough to get the deal done (they have no pick in this range currently).

While McCartin might be there first choice Wright would be a close second you'd think because Wright offers something different to Hogan whilst McCartin is like for like.

If they come away with pick 2 and 4 they'll still get themselves one of Brayshaw/Petracca, a power forward in Wright plus Frost.

For me getting a top 3 pick and Greenwood for Beams would see us break even at the very least.

Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:19 pm

And what if Petracca and Brayshaw go at 1 and 2?

I'd also argue that McCartin and Hogan are pretty different. Hogan is a natural CHF and McCartin and FF for starters. There's also a bit of a size difference and I think Hogan is a much better runner. McCartin and Wright are more similar for mine, in that they'll both end up playing full forward. So it probably just comes down to who they like better.

I wouldn't be happy with pick 3 and Greenwood for Beams either. It's the same argument against Brisbanes deal. We can get Greenwood from the H deal and he's not the sort of quality we need if we're giving up a star like Beams.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Then we take McCartin at pick 3 and it's still a better outcome than pick 5 and the possibility of Wright who is more like Moore in type.

I think the above deal would only work for us if we could swap pick 4 and 48 (Sam Frost) for pick 3 and retain pick 19.

We would then have to find a way to satisfy North for Greenwood if pick 30 wont do it.

For me getting a pick within the first 3 and giving ourselves a genuine shot at one of Petracca/Brayshaw or at worse landing the best key forward would be a great outcome.

I wouldn't mind the prospect of seeing McCartin and Moore roaming our forward line for the next decade. Make VFL more interesting next year as well.

P.S-If McCartin goes pick 1 then Petracca is a genuine chance to slip to pick 3 as the Melbourne coach likes Brayshaw apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:33 am

Well if the deal was picks 4, 30 and 48 for 3 and 23, that'd be a better outcome too. Though we'd have to fit H in there somewhere, so maybe 4, 48 and H for 3 and 23.
We then send 23 to North for Greenwood and pick 30 to Geelong for Varcoe and 35. Geelong can then give 30 back to Melbourne for Clarke to keep them happy.

So we lose Beams, H and picks 30 and 48 and we end up with picks 3, 19 and 35 as well as Greenwood and Varcoe. Not bad. Very Happy

I really like Petracca too. He'll play 20 games next year and probably win the rising star. I'd be really surprised if both Saints and Dees passed on him though. But hey, apparently he's one of the faithful so we could end up with him anyway if we're willing to wait.

Not sure the difference between Wright and McCartin is that clear either. Hine may decide that 2-metre-Peter is the better option.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:21 pm

For information, the first free agency period has closed. Here's the AFL site's summary.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-12/three-free-agents-clubless
TK Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Jake Lever
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Well trades come to an end on Friday. (I thought we had another week but no).

I guess a question is after Beams and after Harry, will we be involved in anything else? (Do we have anything to offer another club???).

I'm still wanting to try and get someone from GWS. Does anyone else want out? If they lost Boyd, they would do everything to keep Cameron, etc. I cant see it happening now, especially since we've used all our time with Brisbane. But geez, it'd be nice to snag one of those guys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Well trades come to an end on Friday. (I thought we had another week but no).

I guess a question is after Beams and after Harry, will we be involved in anything else? (Do we have anything to offer another club???).

I'm still wanting to try and get someone from GWS. Does anyone else want out? If they lost Boyd, they would do everything to keep Cameron, etc. I cant see it happening now, especially since we've used all our time with Brisbane. But geez, it'd be nice to snag one of those guys.

If we take 5, 25 and Crisp for Beams and 67. Then take Varcoe for H as a straight swap. Then ontrade 25 for Greenwood, as it's been reported. We'll end up with a nice little package of picks at 5, 30 and 48.

That should be enough to get something, but I'm almost hoping we somehow get pick 3 from the Dees. We might be able to draft tamper Petracca into that pick, Brodie Grundy-style. If he's brave enough to tell St.Kilda and Melbourne that their clubs are crap and he wants to play at the Pies, they wont pick him. Twisted Evil
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Coming back to this thread, because I do not want to trade with Brisbane after all the fluff last week.

Well we traded with Brisbane... Razz

Presti35 wrote:
Without posting a trade scenario, and with the expectation that Harry and Beams are gone;

I want Greenwood AND..... I still want Mullett from North.

Got one. It's very doubtful to get the other, but I'd still welcome him.

Presti35 wrote:
I want someone to replace Harry. And it's looking like its going to be Varcoe. Do I WANT Varcoe? I don't know? But I'm sure I'll warm to him once he's in the jumper. (I think H is worth more tho)..

Done. Not happy, not sad. Just glad it's finally sorted.

Presti35 wrote:
I want a top ten pick as close to #1 as possible. I'd really love to draft Petrecca, but I cannot see a scenario where we get pick 1 or 2.....

Still a slight chance to increase our position (Probably to 3rd at best). Honestly tho, I think we're still in a good spot at 5, but can forget Petracca falling that far.

Presti35 wrote:
That brings me to GWS.

I'd love to get one of those youngsters that may slip thru their fingers. In particular, I'd love Shiel or Treloar. Even Cameron. Once again, I find it hard to see a scenario where this happens, but you never know.

Well if we cant increase our trade position, I'd like to trade with GWS. But again, I doubt they'd let anyone else walk after Boyd. Also we'd have to be willing to let one of our players go too. With two days left, cant see it happening.

If we don't do anything else, we go in with 5, 30, etc. Which I guess Im ok with.

For me, the club would go with the best available and then the same in the rookie draft, with the exception of throwing a lifeline to someone that's been delisted.

This time next year, we go hard after Dangerfield, and if not, then J Cameron. (It'd be interesting to see if Aish signs on. If he doesn't, it'd be sweet to throw a contract at him too).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: