Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams for pick 4 aand Sam Mayes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:17 am
Post subject: Beams for pick 4 aand Sam MayesReply with quote

Pick 4 shall get us a generational tall fwd/ruck that shall along with Darcy Moore give us post T Cloke security and Sam Mayes is an "underrated gem" originally from S.A whose kicking is "uber elite" and has a strong under 18's connection with Ben Kennedy, Brodie Grundy and Tim Broomhead!!

Pearce Hanley, a handy type but turns 26 at end of this year so has only 5 seasons of life approx. left vs a Sam Mayes whom has 10 left!!!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayes is certainly one player we should target in any deal for Beams.

Taken with pick 8 in the same draft as those you named above, a fellow South Australian and dual underage AA like Kennedy.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Big fan of mayes. He makes the Time and space and uses the pill well. Debut year better than 2014, so he has plenty of upside in him. Long as we dont get conned into green or bewick or any of their other down hill skiers. Cant help thinking if this goes through ( pick 4 ) the dees will play a part in how it all comes together. The suspense is killing me.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Without knowing who's best to 'grab' I just hope we can screw Brisbane over big time. Make them regret the whole Beams thing.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 pm

That could be a Possible Trade and won’t rip us off
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:31 pm

What tall at Pick 4 you thinking we could get. Wright or McKenzie or Goodard?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Wright seems to be a Ruck Forward as opposed to a forward ruck which may be unsettling when you consider we have Grundy and Witts to fit in. Would be great if we could leverage pick 4 to number 2 with the Dees and factor in the Lumumba/Clark trade given the riskiness of Mitch's circumstances.
As such this would give us first crack at McCartin whose seems to be the recruiters standout tall! having said that the lad Brayshaw has huge raps as a 187cm gun midfielder which would no doubt assist a midfield that has lost:
* D Thomas
* Beams
* Wellingham
* Ball
* McCaffer (inj)

In the last 2 seasons.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:02 pm

^^Yep we desperately need midfielders. We've lost plenty: Beams, Thomas, Wellingham, Lumumba. The last three are especially concerning for three reasons: pace, creativity, but most importantly running power. We are an awful running team at the moment, and it's clear watching the Grand Final today as well as Port all season (run is just about their only asset), that a team's ability to run is the number one factor in their success, well ahead of skills, quality talls or any other factor.

We can't take two talls in this draft. Period. I don't care if they're clearly the best available. If that's the case trade the pick away or up. We'll get Moore at 8 but any earlier pick needs to be a mid. McCartin and Wright aren't that impressive anyway, I'm happy to have Moore over them.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:43 pm

My ideal trade would be Beams for Pick 4 and Aish if Beams had to leave the club. Under normal circumstances, I'd never trade him but we're in this situation now unfortunately even if a lot of it is out of our control.

I think it's only fair as Beams is hitting his peak now while pick 4 could be risky for us especially if we choose the wrong player so to speak and Aish doesn't fully develop the way he expects even if he's had a bright start to his AFL career.

However I can't see the Lions giving up Aish especially after losing so many youngsters last year in the Trade/Free Agency period.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 am

If a trade can't be finalised with Brisbane, Jesse Lonergan from Gold Coast would add some size to our midfield group.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:17 am

I would love Aish as well, but as I said in other threads he is ineligible as players have to be on the list for 2 years min before being either delisted or traded.

I have been to plenty of Lions games this season and we would be doing pretty well if we got pick 4 and Bewick for Beams.

However, I am still holding on the hope that Beams will stay.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:26 pm

bwphantom wrote:
I would love Aish as well, but as I said in other threads he is ineligible as players have to be on the list for 2 years min before being either delisted or traded.

I have been to plenty of Lions games this season and we would be doing pretty well if we got pick 4 and Bewick for Beams.

Clause 9 relates to first year draft players and does not appear to prohibit trading to another club after 12 months.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/CBA-2012-2016-FINAL.pdf
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:32 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
bwphantom wrote:

Clause 9 relates to first year draft players and does not appear to prohibit trading to another club after 12 months.

6.2 (e) (i):
Drafted Player Bound for 23 Months (i) (ii) Subject to Rule 6.2(e)(ii), any Player selected by a Club at the National Draft Selection Meeting or otherwise included on the Primary List of a Club, shall be ineligible to be included on the Primary List of any other Club for a period of 23 months from the date upon which he is selected or included on the Primary List.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 pm

bwphantom wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
bwphantom wrote:

6.2 (e) (i):
Drafted Player Bound for 23 Months (i) (ii) Subject to Rule 6.2(e)(ii), any Player selected by a Club at the National Draft Selection Meeting or otherwise included on the Primary List of a Club, shall be ineligible to be included on the Primary List of any other Club for a period of 23 months from the date upon which he is selected or included on the Primary List.

Thanks Bwphantom, that seems clear. Can't find that reference in the link I referred to. Is there another agreement that includes that provision?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Package beams with keefe ( both from queensland )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: