Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Over the negativity & hate on bucks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting equal second on the ladder at 8/3 at the half way mark of the season, with the youngest defensive unit ever, before mounting injuries inevitably took their toll, was evidence enough for me that Bucks can coach.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:04 pm

thompsoc wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
The negativity comes from being appalling to watch, from having a total lack of game plan (ie losing 7 times to Hawthorn the same way, where 4 players charge at the bloke with the footy and he kicks it over their head time and time again), seeing our favourite sons continually depart in negative circumstances to be replaced by flotsam and jestam from other clubs (Jordan Russell for gods sake), and from a decline from 20-2 to 11-11 with no end in sight to the fall...

I don't see any proof or belief in this bright future some of you see - I haven't seen any evidence the bloke can coach. And before I get "LOZL! Piss off to Ninthmond!" (which I HATE!) I've posted here in good times and bad and I WANT us to win games so I look like a muppet, but so far, I've seen nothing as a fan inspiring about the Buckley era whatsoever

Well written.
Can someone please point out a game day strategy or
a game plan that buckley has done well.
The 7 straight loses to the hawks in the same manner is
Buckley personified.

Yeah that's what has done it for me

I can predict now how our losses will go

We'll get caught on the fast break
We'll turn the ball over at least 4-5 times from kick outs
We'll concede at least 1-2 goals from opposition kick outs
We'll find it hard to score for a long period because our forward line is clogged (and thus #1 occurs)
There will be at least 1 significant error from the coaches box (a la not tagging Ablett or Priddis)

I just don't see anything that tells me Buckley can coach, there hasn't been 1 inspiring 4 quarter effort I've seen in 3 seasons

courtza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Way to much emphasis is put on the coach, is it beyond possibility that our team isnt good enough at the moment.

Game plan blah blah blah, you need players who can win their positions, and I know that is going to be a struggle alot of the time when your running a young list with injuries to key players.

All the players certain people cry over leaving or retiring from the club arent going to win you a premiership, get over it.

If you win a grand final that dosent automatically justify a dynasty, wake up.

There are ups and downs in sport, no team stay up the top for ever, wake up.

Bucks bleeds black and white, he loves the club, he wants success, can he coach, I reckon hes a better coach than most, is he the best coach , who knows, I think he needs time to prove himself like Malthouse did.

The posters slagging him off and calling him Figjam are a disgrace, this is the term used by $£$%^%%$ asshole players from opposition clubs, so to call him this when you think your a Pies supporter make you a $£$%^%%$ asshole piece of shit.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Bucks will prove the doubters wrong next year. And if he doesn't, he will be replaced, and will remain a hero of the club, and have filled it with quality youngsters. Either way, he has done more than the knockers on here ever will.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:31 pm

courtza wrote:
Way to much emphasis is put on the coach, is it beyond possibility that our team isnt good enough at the moment.

Game plan blah blah blah, you need players who can win their positions, and I know that is going to be a struggle alot of the time when your running a young list with injuries to key players.

All the players certain people cry over leaving or retiring from the club arent going to win you a premiership, get over it.

If you win a grand final that dosent automatically justify a dynasty, wake up.

There are ups and downs in sport, no team stay up the top for ever, wake up.

Bucks bleeds black and white, he loves the club, he wants success, can he coach, I reckon hes a better coach than most, is he the best coach , who knows, I think he needs time to prove himself like Malthouse did.

The posters slagging him off and calling him Figjam are a disgrace, this is the term used by $£$%^%%$ asshole players from opposition clubs, so to call him this when you think your a Pies supporter make you a $£$%^%%$ asshole piece of shit.

Consider this reasoned debate then

"Way too much emphasis is put on the coach" - while I agree with that in modern day AFL (Davoren, Pert, Eddie, the players should be held to account for different decisions) the queries in this case relate to game plan and man management. If the coach is now an overseer, you hope we can implement a game plan and bring people along with him. Given the departures of senior players, and the way we have played for 3 years (coming off the best Collingwood team I've ever seen in 10 and most of 11) you can see why we question?

"Game plan blah blah blah" - not sure anyone can fall on that. You mention injuries - we lost in the same style in 2012, 13 and 14 to Hawthorn. With old players, with new players, with young players, with Premiership players. Our second loss to Hawthorn saw them isolate Lewis on to Shaw and rip us apart on the fast break. 2 years later, guess how we lose to Hawthorn...it's a legitimate complaint to ask what our "style" of game is, what our plan is, what we do for kick outs, to defend kick ins..

There are ups and downs in sport, yes, and I would also agree Darren Jolly wouldn't help us win a Premiership now - nor would Dids, nor would Ben Johnson or Taz. But how could Jordan Russell? Or Marty Clarke? Or Clinton Young? Saying "wake up" or "get over it" seems to indicate that having concerns about some of our favourite sons queueing up to be flicked or our god awful game plan should be quiet? Incidentally - you say "wake up" - Gary Pert tipped a top 4 finish next year and a Premiership by 2016. A re-calibration of that to a seemingly endless post Beams re-build shouldn't be questioned?

I also bleed back and white (if you wish you can say LOLZ 3(#@%_( to Ninthmond! but I know who I support) but it doesn't mean I can coach. What I've objectively seen has been a disaster - yes injuries haven't helped but we still had enough players out there this year that should have seen off the Bulldogs, a Gold Coast team with 1 on the bench, and been more competitive against Essendon or Adelaide.

I hope this is taken as reasoned debate - I'm trying...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Need to fix our culture. We need our boys playing for each other the way the Swans do.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Need to fix our culture. We need our boys playing for each other the way the Swans do.

You mean the Hawks don't you? Wink
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Did that need eye rolling to give away the sarcasm Very Happy

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Well, I hope not. I'm just enjoying a nice afternoon watching two great teams go blow for blow. Love those hard-at-it Swannies.

Rolling Eyes
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, I hope not. I'm just enjoying a nice afternoon watching two great teams go blow for blow. Love those hard-at-it Swannies.

Rolling Eyes

Sack the coach...

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:55 pm

2011 and we are a better team than Hawthorn, and younger.
2014 and both teams have had the same nucleus 2011-2014 yet look at what Hawks have done, and look at what we have done in the 3 years.
So what changed in 2012?
Very frustrating to watch Hawks today.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
2014 and both teams have had the same nucleus 2011-2014 yet look at what Hawks have done, and look at what we have done in the 3 years.
So what changed in 2012?

I'd make mention of it, but I'd be told to ship off to 9thmond

But I know what you mean - they've made all the right decisions, we've made all the wrong ones

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:17 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
So what changed in 2012?

But I know what you mean - they've made all the right decisions, we've made all the wrong ones

It's been nothing short of a train wreck. All I can really say is at least I've been lucky enough to see a couple of Pie premierships in my life time amongst all the pain (which before 90' I was seriously doubting would ever happen). We may have the most members, etc, but we are very far away from being the greatest sporting club in Australia.

Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:18 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
So what changed in 2012?

It's been nothing short of a train wreck. All I can really say is at least I've been lucky enough to see a couple of Pie premierships in my life time amongst all the pain (which before 90' I was serious doubting would ever happen). We may have the most members, etc, but we are very far away from being the greatest sporting club in Australia.

There's talking about mythical "sustained success" (postponed from 2016 to 2020) and delivering it mate...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Hawthorn have done a tremendous job recruiting top end talent from other sides. Gibson, Lake, Burgoyne, McEvoy, Hale etc. I don't really understand how they did that but their salary cap management has been exceptional.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: