Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Over the negativity & hate on bucks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:07 pm
Post subject: Over the negativity & hate on bucks!Reply with quote

First of all after 2011 bucks has had a terrible run with injuries. He has never had a full list to choose from from day 1! He has had to deal with retirements as well. Everything bad that could happen actually happened!

knee recos to Maccaffer (twice)
ball knee reco
krakourer knee reco
sharenberg knee reco
(Seedsman missed most of 2014 due to hip injury)
Reid (2014 was gone to soft tissue injuries)
Brown (another season gone due to shoulder reco)
Beams (2013 season gone to soft tissue injuries)
Fasolo (missing a year with foot issues)
Didak (retired in 2013 & a year of injuries)
Maxwell (retired after a serious injury)
Lumunba (had to leave the club in 2013 due to mental illness)
Dale Thomas (in 2012 & 2013 was a shadow of himself due to a serious ankle injury)
young- missed most of 2013 due to hamstring injuries
Wellingham (wanted out to go baco to wa)
Keeffee (knee reco in 2013)
Josh thomas (has never had an injury free year)
Marley Williams missing the first half of 2014 due to getting into a fight & charged
Freeman- (missed 2014 due to hamstring injury)
Sinclair (missed most of 2014 due to hamstring injuries)
broomhead (missed most of 2013 due to glandular fever)
Cloke- poor form & contract issues
Karnezis ( missed most of 2014 due to OP & hamstring injuries )
Toovey ( Knee reco in 2013)
Swan battled injury for most of 2014
Tarrant (retired)
Ben Johnson (retired)

Now that is a big list of serious injuries & retirements! He let go of Dawes, wellingham, Shaw & Thomas, None of them have proved he made the wrong decision. Taylor Adams looks like a 10 year player & we got Broomhead & Kennedy for dawes & wellingham. Again it looks like a win for us! We also got Freeman for Thomas but we havent seen him play yet as he has been injured all year! Plus thomas is not worth $700k

Bucks has done the absolute right thing in every move he has made in regards to 2010 premiership players! He is biulding a very very impressive young list & if we get a year of injury luck then you will all see what we are made of!

Lumunba moving on is a blow, but he obviously has some issues & if we get clarke that second keyforward/ruck, we will win!

Beams is a massive blow, but this has nothing to do with Bucks or the culture of the club. His Dad has or had cancer & wants to spend more time with him. Family comes first & we have to bare this loss & get the best possible trade for Beams.

Here is what our team would look like with no injureis & if we get Clarke

Toovey Brown Frost

Langdon Reid Sharenberg

Sidebottom Swan Freeman

Broomhead Cloke Kennedy

Elliot Clarke Fasolo

Foll Witts Pendles Adams

Inter: Maccaffer Goldsack Blair Grundy

Have a look how good that spine is! All put cloke have been injured all year & clarke is hopefully coming to us.

That team is full of first round picks too & has absolutely so much potential!

Dont forget we will be getting at least pick 4 & a player for Beams. Maybe even Dangerfield!

Again bucks starts off 2015 with Maccaffer & Sharenberg missing most of the season. Not ideal but hopefully we will get a decent run of injuries for the first time under bucks!

We are on the right path IMO & Bucks needs to be given a fair go before we can judge him.

Go pies 2015!

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The unfortunate thing is, people don't have to like the coach.

I hated Malthouse's attitude and I was glad to see the back of him (initially I wasn't) but as a coach, he was gold.

Bucks I like his attitude and I'm still unsure whether he can coach.

Unfortunately Figjam and Ed have orchestrated this and yes we have had a shit run with injuries and the like, but for the time being we have to accept you can't please everybody and Bucks coming in the year after we made a grand final... it's going to piss people off.

I'm willing to give Bucks time, but I'm afraid I wont be waiting 10yrs like we did Malthouse.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Every team gets injuries, but it's the amount of soft tissue injuries that's the worry, Remember Butterfant said Buckley wouldn't listen to him about training loads, that's why he left.

Then we add the almost bizarre selections and the blatant on field strategy mistakes.

You can hold any opinion you like, but you're a complete muppet if you think Buckley should be immune from criticism.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Defender wrote:
Every team gets injuries, but it's the amount of soft tissue injuries that's the worry, Remember Butterfant said Buckley wouldn't listen to him about training loads, that's why he left.

Then we add the almost bizarre selections and the blatant on field strategy mistakes.

You can hold any opinion you like, but you're a complete muppet if you think Buckley should be immune from criticism.

Buckley isn't immune from criticism. But he should be immune from the tedium that this board has become when there are no games to distract the haters from their relentless campaign.

I'm friggin over it too. See ya when there is something decent to read without having to wade through all this never ending crap!

Wilko 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:03 pm

We all need to take a chill pill
I feel that people are so used to winning that they have forgotten how to lose gracefully and suck in the tough times
Get over it !
Like it or not we are in the rebuild phase in a tougher competition
I would rather a serious rebuild than pretending to be good like Carlton
I have no doubt we are assembling a very talented list that will do all the right things ie. Gut running, manic pressure etc
I however have two queries
Will Peddles,Cloke,Swan be around when the young kids are in the 22-26 years...we may need to somehow fastrack the kids to get that Premiership
The 2nd question is Culture
Can Bucks develop a pride to play for the black n white jumper that has been missing since 2010..Backing your teammate and singing the bloody song with passion
I've met Mick and Bucks and I know who I want with me in the trench
The club is in good hands and changes are being made
IT HAD TO HAPPEN aa
Supporters just need to take the Pill

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:09 pm

IF - and I say it's a very big if - Buckley actually starts to show some evidence that he really can coach and manager players, then the criticism will stop.

Right now, despite several people asking for evidence that Buckley can coach, none of the S & LB have been able to give us one little piece of evidence. All they come up with ad nauseum is excuses. After three full years at the head of this ship, we've sailed onto one or two reefs, but yes, the captain knows what he's doing. O Captain my Captain.

Just ask yourself. If the coach in question wasn't Nathan Buckley we wouldn't be having this debate right now. The coach would have been shown the door very smartly (think John Cahill). People are too devoted to Bucks the player legend to see that he doesn't cut it as a coach. That is why Buckley must be the LAST former Collingwood player ever to coach this club.

Wilko 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:55 pm

Really I don't want some warm fuzzy father figure of a coach that leaves the club with attitiude and one rule for some and another set of rules for others
I want a coach that demands the best and no short cuts
These players are on Big coin and if they can't handle the heat well you know how it goes
The young kids love Bucks, make no mistake but some players wanted to play by own rules
That was ok in 1990 but unfortunately those days are gone
The competition has stepped up big time and lets hope our football department is up to it
If we had continued with the same players we might have made the top six and at best come close to a preliminary final again but the long-term pain would have been too great
Personally I'm sure most supporters look forward to the unexpected and there will be plenty of that
Bring it on

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 pm

yeh, very good thread, long, long overdue, good one. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:59 am

Time to fly like your starting 18 but the interchange sucks except for Grundy
Also the forward line is too short.

Its never the best 22 that is successful its the best 32-34 that gets to the GF

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:15 am

Brenny wrote:

Bucks I like his attitude BUT I'm still unsure whether he can coach.

yes we have had a shit run with injuries AND WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHY AND FIX IT PRONTO

I'm willing to give Bucks time, but I wont be happy waiting 10yrs like we did Malthouse.

My version

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 am

Bucks a dud!
One point, the kick outs to the deep defensive
pocket time and time and time again shows
a coach with not a farken clue.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 am

Great article time to fly! Minor errors:

* we effectively swapped Thomas for pick 13 (traded up to 6) for Scharenberg and Freeman was our pick 10 draft selection

* Grundy was swapped for the Wellingham draft pick acquired.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:19 am

The negativity comes from being appalling to watch, from having a total lack of game plan (ie losing 7 times to Hawthorn the same way, where 4 players charge at the bloke with the footy and he kicks it over their head time and time again), seeing our favourite sons continually depart in negative circumstances to be replaced by flotsam and jestam from other clubs (Jordan Russell for gods sake), and from a decline from 20-2 to 11-11 with no end in sight to the fall...

I don't see any proof or belief in this bright future some of you see - I haven't seen any evidence the bloke can coach. And before I get "LOZL! Piss off to Ninthmond!" (which I HATE!) I've posted here in good times and bad and I WANT us to win games so I look like a muppet, but so far, I've seen nothing as a fan inspiring about the Buckley era whatsoever

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 am

The_Staunton wrote:
The negativity comes from being appalling to watch, from having a total lack of game plan (ie losing 7 times to Hawthorn the same way, where 4 players charge at the bloke with the footy and he kicks it over their head time and time again), seeing our favourite sons continually depart in negative circumstances to be replaced by flotsam and jestam from other clubs (Jordan Russell for gods sake), and from a decline from 20-2 to 11-11 with no end in sight to the fall...

I don't see any proof or belief in this bright future some of you see - I haven't seen any evidence the bloke can coach. And before I get "LOZL! Piss off to Ninthmond!" (which I HATE!) I've posted here in good times and bad and I WANT us to win games so I look like a muppet, but so far, I've seen nothing as a fan inspiring about the Buckley era whatsoever

Well written.
Can someone please point out a game day strategy or
a game plan that buckley has done well.
The 7 straight loses to the hawks in the same manner is
Buckley personified.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Defender wrote:

NAAA!! You are a serious wanker man.Have a friggin' look at that injury list and ask yourself,in all seriousness, has any other team EVER endured and injury list like that? We are for ever hearing that,"OHH!! Stevie J didn't play" or "We were missing Hodge" and it's,"That's horrendous",But at one stage this year,we had the ENTIRE back 6 out,plus the back up,Marley Williams,which makes 7 and we get tools like you saying"Everyone has injuries.Read first line again and again and again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: