Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So we've got pick 5 and 30. Who do you want?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If we went for a small at 5 then McKenzie would be a good get at 30 but he's unlikely to last till then.

Wish we had of been able to snare pick 23.

Picking him at 5 would seem a stretch though with the knock on him at present being that he beats up weak opposition and has little impact against opponents who can match him for strength.

He very much has a mans body already it would seem.

He's probably your poor mans Hawkins at the same age, one who is a powerful contested mark but offers little in general play and struggles to score from a non marking situation.

Still feel Wrights greater ability to play through the ruck (which would have lessened his ability to impact up forward at U18 level) gives him that extra string to his bow that Hine might view more favourably.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:24 am

swoop42 wrote:
If we went for a small at 5 then McKenzie would be a good get at 30 but he's unlikely to last till then.

Picking him at 5 would seem a stretch though with the knock on him at present being that he beats up weak opposition and has little impact against opponents who can match him for strength.

He's probably your poor mans Hawkins at the same age, one who is a powerful contested mark but offers little in general play and struggles to score from a non marking situation.

Still feel Wrights greater ability to play through the ruck (which would have lessened his ability to impact up forward at U18 level) gives him that extra string to his bow that Hine might view more favourably.

For what it's worth swoop, Knightmare actually now does have him lasting to 30. What's more, he has us taking him, with Laverde coming to us at 5.

Stitch up our next 1-2 punch up forward in the same draft, as well as jagging a gun tall utility with midfield scope. Nice.

Just need Viojo-Rainbow to make it to 48, and that's (IMO) a good day's work...
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:34 am

MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

For what it's worth swoop, Knightmare actually now does have him lasting to 30. What's more, he has us taking him, with Laverde coming to us at 5.

Stitch up our next 1-2 punch up forward in the same draft, as well as jagging a gun tall utility with midfield scope. Nice.

I don't see McKenzie being there at 30, but stranger things have happened.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:13 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I would be rapt if that happened. If iced vovo-rainbow isn't there at 48 I hope Langdon is. He is an excellent crumber, but at the same time he isn't a midget. If his work ethic is anything like Tom's, whoever grabs him will have a winner!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 pm

3 weeks and six days.... HTFU already! Cool
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Presti35 wrote:

is that Harden or Hurry...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm

jackcass wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

is that Harden or Hurry...

Harry?

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I reckon the saints will look to take him if they select Petracca at pick 1 ahead of McCartin.

I don't see him lasting to pick 30 with a club like the scum also in the mix to snare him amongst others.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-31/draft-podcast-most-even-in-memory

The usual names in Laverde, Wright and Langford mentioned as possible pick 5 selections along with a guy I've mentioned previously as a smokey in De Goey.

With De Goey playing with Oakleigh alongside Moore I dare say our recruiters would have seen a lot of him and might have come away impressed.

While he doesn't rack up the same numbers as Brayshaw through the midfield as yet you get the feeling he might be the one who is the best alternative to him if you're looking for a similar type.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:06 am

Stupied wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I would be rapt if that happened. If iced vovo-rainbow isn't there at 48 I hope Langdon is. He is an excellent crumber, but at the same time he isn't a midget. If his work ethic is anything like Tom's, whoever grabs him will have a winner!

Remember also with Tommy Langdon, he had a growth spurt at 18-19 after missing out in his first draft.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 pm

A bit of left field thinking here but if by some small chance we took De Goey at 5 I wonder if other Oakleigh players who we rate could come into play at our other selections.

Geelong if my memory serves me correctly did pretty well by taking a number of young men who had played together at the falcons.

We've taken a number of South Australians over the last couple of seasons who have done the same thing.

5-De Goey
9-Moore
30-D.McKenzie
48-McLean

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:
A bit of left field thinking here but if by some small chance we took De Goey at 5 I wonder if other Oakleigh players who we rate could come into play at our other selections.

Geelong if my memory serves me correctly did pretty well by taking a number of young men who had played together at the falcons.

We've taken a number of South Australians over the last couple of seasons who have done the same thing.

5-De Goey
9-Moore
30-D.McKenzie
48-McLean

McLean won't be there by 48. I'd have him at 30.

BTW, can De Goey kick & is he fast?

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

5-De Goey
9-Moore
30-D.McKenzie
48-McLean

Apparently De Goey is a very good kick and while not super quick isn't slow either.

He's seen as a natural footballer, super competitive who goes hard at the ball.

A very good mark for his size.

I think I still favour Laverde ahead of him but if he goes at 4 and we look to pass on Wright he would have to come into calculations alongside Langford as I get the feeling we are after a 185-190cm midfield/flanker type who possess some elite capabilities and can hit the scoreboard.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:20 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

5-De Goey
9-Moore
30-D.McKenzie
48-McLean

Apparently De Goey is a very good kick and while not super quick isn't slow either.

He's seen as a natural footballer, super competitive who goes hard at the ball.

A very good mark for his size.

I think I still favour Laverde ahead of him but if he goes at 4 and we look to pass on Wright he would have to come into calculations alongside Langford as I get the feeling we are after a 185-190cm midfield/flanker type who possess some elite capabilities and can hit the scoreboard.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

Laughing

Join the club.

However, I think on that basis you'd have the necessary pre-requisite skills to be a marvellous national cricket team selector Wink

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:36 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-the-ruckmen-20141001-10op78.html

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/four-players-worth-no1-pick-in-afl-draft-says-kevin-sheehan-20140930-10o67i.html

For me only Wright, Laverde and Lever have the talent that appears worthy of a number 5 pick.

The rest appear a stretch for that selection IMO.

Can't risk Lever with that knee, Laverde could yet go at 4.

I'm happy to take Wright at 5 and get a midfielder like Gore at 30.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 15 of 22   

Jump to: