Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So we've got pick 5 and 30. Who do you want?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

OEP wrote:
Would love to get pick 4 and Josh Green, on trade pick 4 and Harry to GCS for either O'meara or Swallow.

Did you really just go there? You're not Hine are you? Wink

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:52 am

First option get Dangerfield.

Second option look to upgrade to pick 1 or 2.

Pick 4, a reasonable Brisbane player who'd agree to go to the saints and our second rounder might and I stress might get the deal done. Pick 1 is a prized selection.

Pick 2 seems more possible given the interest from Melbourne in Lumumba and there willingness shown last year to trade pick 2 to GWS.

Pick 4, our second rounder and Lumumba for pick 2, there third rounder and Clark.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:02 am

Sadly, someone needs to say it. There wont be any rockliffe, reddan, rich or aish that comes with pick 4 as well. And there in lies the problem in trading with lions. We dont want or need much else from them.
If this trade goes ahead, the steak knives could be more like their second pick as well and then we get busy with that. I could cop sam mayes. He has a touch of the pendleburys about him. Smooth mover and the game looks to slow for him at times. Wouldnt rule the suns out just yet in all this. At least they have the cattle. If beams heads up north, it will be to get closer to his father, not to play with his brother.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:33 am

Aish or Rockliffe won't happen. Redden is more of a chance, though he's a better player than I thought: top 3 best and fairest, 2nd in the comp for tackles, good clearance and disposal numbers.

The Lions do have other players, including Mayes. They have the resources to get a deal done and I expect they will.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:47 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
First option is to replace Beams with a similarly aged star. Dangerfield would be an upgrade given the balance of our team.

Next option is a high pick - do whatever it takes to make it as high as possible as we're hunting elites - and a promising younger player.

In the draft Petracca is the one we want, well ahead of any others. Sounds like a young Dangerfield. Unlike last year the rest of the class don't overly thrill me. I'd be happy to take Moore as the sure thing rather than use a very early pick on Wright or McCartin, neither of which are absolute standouts. We need our next superstar mid here not a tall who's eventual level is uncertain.

Petracca seems like the best midfield prospect in this draft and probably the best player but unless we can trade up to pick 1 or 2 then I wouldn't be getting my heart set on him.

Brayshaw sounds like he'd be a good pick up but again he might be gone within the top 2 and most likely within the first 3.

Outside of those two perhaps Laverde would be the next best midfield/flanker option with some speed, height and x-factor.

If we can't upgrade pick 4 and get someone like Mayes in the Beams trade as well then we might just go best available at our first pick even if that ends up being a tall like Wright.

P.S-We should be mindful that Melbourne might receive pick 3 as compensation for Frawley so pick 4 will end up being 5.
While my hope is the Frawley compensation is an end of first round compo selection if it isn't then Melbourne might be more open to a swap of top 5 picks with us in a trade deal.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm beginning to think if Brisbane aren't prepared to offer a Mayes or Redden as part of the Beams compensation then we'd be better off dealing with Gold Coast who may be prepared to give up picks 7 and 14.

Unless we can upgrade pick 4 (5) into pick 2 then the two best midfielders of this draft will be gone anyway IMO before our first selection.

Couple this with the fact that it's high likely that the giants, dogs and scum will be after key position players with there selections we should still able to take the next best midfield/flanker option with pick 7.

We would then still have pick 14 to play with at the draft (Broomhead, Kennedy taken later than this) or we could use it to make a play for a young player who's already been in the system for a couple of years that Hine rates.

I think we could also push to get a midfielder (Lonergan) in the deal even if it meant having to throw in something extra to seal the deal like our second or third rounder.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I'm beginning to think if Brisbane aren't prepared to offer a Mayes or Redden as part of the Beams compensation then we'd be better off dealing with Gold Coast who may be prepared to give up picks 7 and 14.

Unless we can upgrade pick 4 (5) into pick 2 then the two best midfielders of this draft will be gone anyway IMO before our first selection.

Couple this with the fact that it's high likely that the giants, dogs and scum will be after key position players with there selections we should still able to take the next best midfield/flanker option with pick 7.

We would then still have pick 14 to play with at the draft (Broomhead, Kennedy taken later than this) or we could use it to make a play for a young player who's already been in the system for a couple of years that Hine rates.

I think we could also push to get a midfielder (Lonergan) in the deal even if it meant having to throw in something extra to seal the deal like our second or third rounder.

Bucks over the weekend stated the club wants a high pick + an established player to fill the void, so you'd think it'll come down to Hanley, Rockliff, Rich or Redden. You'd think they'd only consider parting with Rich or Redden based on 2014 form/games played.

Gold Coast is a completely different story with less established senior players. I doubt they'd part with Swallow or O'Meara - the only players that'd fit the clubs requirements.

Picks 7, 14 and Lonergan might be enough for Beams + our 2nd pick.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Rich did his knee this season didn't he?

No thanks.

And as I said unless pick 4 can be upgraded or can be used as part of a trade to get Dangerfield and comes attached with a Redden or Mayes then there probably isn't a lot of difference between picks 4 and 7 unless we are targeting a key position player.

Rather one top 10 pick, one top 15 pick and a player who went top 15 or so in the draft a couple of years back.

Of course picks 7 and 14 might also be used as part of a deal to get Dangerfield.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Rick wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Bucks over the weekend stated the club wants a high pick + an established player to fill the void, so you'd think it'll come down to Hanley, Rockliff, Rich or Redden. You'd think they'd only consider parting with Rich or Redden based on 2014 form/games played.

Gold Coast is a completely different story with less established senior players. I doubt they'd part with Swallow or O'Meara - the only players that'd fit the clubs requirements.

Picks 7, 14 and Lonergan might be enough for Beams + our 2nd pick.

The problem is that publicly at least the Suns have not declared any interest in trading for Beams. So all this talk about us getting their pick 4 plus this or that player, may simply be wishful thinking on our part. Let's hope it's an auction between the Lions and Suns, otherwise we're bound to be short changed by any offer from the Lions. In that case, I'd prefer to force Beams to remain with us in 2015 rather than let him go cheaply.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 pm

I've decided I'll be very disappointed if we don't take Laverde with pick 4 (5).

Not a genuine midfielder at this stage but has scope to become a big bodied midfielder/utility down the track and seems to possess the natural talent and tricks that could help set him apart from the main pack at AFL level in time.

Might be this years Bontempelli.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I've decided I'll be very disappointed if we don't take Laverde with pick 4 (5).

Not a genuine midfielder at this stage but has scope to become a big bodied midfielder/utility down the track and seems to possess the natural talent and tricks that could help set him apart from the main pack at AFL level in time.

Might be this years Bontempelli.

I've decided I'll do what I do every year. Trust that Hine has seen a lot more of these guys than us & leave it up to him. Have faith in our recruiting staff mate. They know what they are doing these days.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:16 pm

If we got P7 & P14 from GWS, would P14 for O'Rourke work for us? Kid has had a couple of years in the system so wouldn't be totally green. Is he woth P14? Allows us P7 & P8 in the draft.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
If we got P7 & P14 from GWS, would P14 for O'Rourke work for us? Kid has had a couple of years in the system so wouldn't be totally green. Is he woth P14? Allows us P7 & P8 in the draft.

That would be a better outcome as realistically if you look at this years draft most top 10 draft picks outside of Petracca and Brayshaw will be key position talls so someone like my man Laverde or Pickett if we're after a midfield type will most likely be still there at 7.

Pick 14 for O'Rourke would trump pick 20 of the hawks and if they're interested in him then we should be taking note also.

Alas it seems Beams only wants to go to Brisbane and the GCS can't afford to match the contract on the table for him so the chances of this occurring appear minor.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:41 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

That would be a better outcome as realistically if you look at this years draft most top 10 draft picks outside of Petracca and Brayshaw will be key position talls so someone like my man Laverde or Pickett if we're after a midfield type will most likely be still there at 7.

Pick 14 for O'Rourke would trump pick 20 of the hawks and if they're interested in him then we should be taking note also.

Alas it seems Beams only wants to go to Brisbane and the GCS can't afford to match the contract on the table for him so the chances of this occurring appear minor.

The GCS salary cap issue is a worry in terms of getting both Qld teams involved in negotiations.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Forget the Gold Coast. It's the lions or us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22   

Jump to: