Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So we've got pick 5 and 30. Who do you want?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-11-17/draft-trumps-peter-wright

Pretty sure Wright is a Collingwood supporter.

Don't know starting to warm to the big fella again.

Midfielders can be found every year and some gems will always be available in later rounds.

Elite big men however generally go top 10 and in a lot of cases top 5.

I think we might be stupid to not select Wright at pick 5 to be honest.

You're starting to win me over too swoop. Anyway, something tells me we won't have to choose between Wright and Laverde as at least one, and possibly both, will have been selected in the opening 4 picks. One thing's for sure, Wright is one big unit. It's a rare combination to have such a big fella, in both height and weight, who also possesses elite goal kicking skills. I'm beginning to understand why Emma Quayle rates him at number 2 (effectively number 1, as Heeney is a Swans academy player, going to them for a steal at pick 19). I reckon he'll be gone by round 5, which is why we should get Laverde.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:52 pm

If Wright and Laverde are both available at pick 5, then I'd go with Wright. If McCartin slips to pick 5, then I think we have to go for him as he would cement our forward line issues for the next decade.

However Laverde would be an excellent pick as well as he's a tall midfielder, has excellent foot skills and is a great outside player and his only weakness is that he may need to work on his inside game but I'm sure that will develop as he enters the system but overall he's worth the selection if we go with him.

Potential smokeys for pick 5 are Pickett, De Goey and maybe Langford as well.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Midfielders can be found every year and some gems will always be available in later rounds.

You're starting to win me over too swoop. Anyway, something tells me we won't have to choose between Wright and Laverde as at least one, and possibly both, will have been selected in the opening 4 picks. One thing's for sure, Wright is one big unit. It's a rare combination to have such a big fella, in both height and weight, who also possesses elite goal kicking skills. I'm beginning to understand why Emma Quayle rates him at number 2 (effectively number 1, as Heeney is a Swans academy player, going to them for a steal at pick 19). I reckon he'll be gone by round 5, which is why we should get Laverde.

I'm with you guys on Wright and Laverde, just get the feeling Wright will go 3rd or 4th selection, hope we get him though!
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Mossi wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I'm with you guys on Wright and Laverde, just get the feeling Wright will go 3rd or 4th selection, hope we get him though!

Just cant pass up either Wright or Macartin.
Look at Hawthorns Roughhead/buddy selection
This sort of quality tall is hard to get even though they need to develop.
We have had talls picked late in the draft to develop and not had huge success. Mids though in this draft are deep. I would not be surprised to see any mid from selection 10 - 50 become an elite player.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:41 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Holy Crap! what ever it take, boy can he kick! hes huge and hes just a baby!!

Nearly 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:34 pm

I looked at Wright's highlights, and desperately want him. I looked at Laverde's highlights, and desperately want him. Glad it's not my decision!
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:26 pm

An accurate goal kicking KPP. Now that would simply stuff our game plan totally. We wouldn't know what to do with him.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 am

I still like Laverde at pick 5.

At 30 is there any love for Touk Miller, who I see the Hawks have their eye on? He's slated as a strong inside mid and sounds like we are in the hunt for mids.

Any thoughts on this guy Snoop?
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 am

Watt Price Tully, that clip is MAGNIFICENT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 am

The paper this morning suggested Collingwood has its eye on Ahern with its number 5 pick. It basically said that GWS may select him at 4, to prevent Collingwood taking him at 5.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:57 am

Let's just be reasonable about this. With pick 5, I expect Collingwood to take the best player in the draft and with pick 30, I expect them to take the second-best player in the draft. If they can do that, I will be close to satisfied.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am

RudeBoy wrote:
The paper this morning suggested Collingwood has its eye on Ahern with its number 5 pick. It basically said that GWS may select him at 4, to prevent Collingwood taking him at 5.

That report makes no sense at all - unless GWS thinks he's worth pick 4 (or, to put it another way, that he's the best available player that hasn't been taken with any of the first three picks), they're simply not going to use it on him - because it means that Collingwood might then take the player GWS ranks the next best player available before GWS' turn with, more likely than not, pick 5. Any other view of the world assumes that all of these people are idiots who will cut off their noses to spite their faces.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 am

I like the idea of using pick 5 for Wright. He's an accurate kick, he's tall and athletic, he barracks for Collingwood but best of all, with Cloke, Grundy, Moore and Wright on our list we would never have to play Jesse White in the firsts again.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

LOL.

First we wanted Laverde so GWS were gonna take him at pick 4.

Then it was De Goey so they were gonna take him at 4.

All the noise since then has been they're really into Pickett but no now they'll take Ahern to prevent us from selecting him one pick later.

Either the Herald Sun(?) has no idea or we are engaging in a massive game of bluff with GWS and them with us.

I think the former.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:04 pm

swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

LOL.

First we wanted Laverde so GWS were gonna take him at pick 4.

Then it was De Goey so they were gonna take him at 4.

All the noise since then has been they're really into Pickett but no now they'll take Ahern to prevent us from selecting him one pick later.

Either the Herald Sun(?) has no idea or we are engaging in a massive game of bluff with GWS and them with us.

I think the former.

I suspect you are on the money there swoop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22   

Jump to: