Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Constructively finding answers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

derkd wrote:
Couldn't we argue really.... that all the disagreement and debate on here is down to one very simple issue..... "That we just are not a great team anymore”....that we have been overtaken by a number of other sides, and that as both a fan base, and a club, we are struggling (for the moment) to accept that for the next few seasons we may well be in the bottom eight?

Probably just looking for some good news as well

That promised 2010/much of 2011 dynasty is long gone

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

Nathan Buckley Is (insert your opinion here)

And no one thinks we'll do anything next year that won't involve a bottom 6 finish (generally, there a few "you never knows")

Plus our dynasty went to sodding Hawthorn of all teams

Not hard to feel down in the mouth right now

Some see crisis though, some see opportunity...that's the nub of it!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:51 am

The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:
Couldn't we argue really.... that all the disagreement and debate on here is down to one very simple issue..... "That we just are not a great team anymore”....that we have been overtaken by a number of other sides, and that as both a fan base, and a club, we are struggling (for the moment) to accept that for the next few seasons we may well be in the bottom eight?

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

And no one thinks we'll do anything next year that won't involve a bottom 6 finish (generally, there a few "you never knows")

Disagree. Think we'll be again pressing for a spot in the 8. The outcomes with Beams, Lumumba and Clark may lead to a change of opinion once all the dust settles and we have some certainty about our list going into 2015 but currently very bullish.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:55 am

The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

not sure who promised the dynasty. crowds are down because the bandwagoners are jumping off. i expect us to finish anywhere between 6-12 depending on injuries and any other unforeseen fate that might befall us.

Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:00 pm

John Wren wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

not sure who promised the dynasty. crowds are down because the bandwagoners are jumping off. i expect us to finish anywhere between 6-12 depending on injuries and any other unforeseen fate that might befall us.

Does someone have to promise it
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Museman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

if someone did not promise it then others need to manage their expectations. for many that period came with a lot of promise but nothing was promised.

Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
Museman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

if someone did not promise it then others need to manage their expectations. for many that period came with a lot of promise but nothing was promised.
Confused Confused Confused Confused
Edit that.... Evil or Very Mad

Everytime someone reads it our collective IQ drops.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 pm

jackcass wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

Disagree. Think we'll be again pressing for a spot in the 8. The outcomes with Beams, Lumumba and Clark may lead to a change of opinion once all the dust settles and we have some certainty about our list going into 2015 but currently very bullish.

Even Buckley today conceded we need some "good news" to generate some hope

I can't see anything go be optimistic about at the moment - can I ask as a footy question what generates that optimism?

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

There was a definite expectation of a dynasty

Given we dismantled Geelong in the 2010 Prelim and how we played in 2011 in the h&A season sustained success seemed certain

There's a bad feeling around Collingwood at the moment, as I said even NB today said we need some good news to generate hope.

If we finish 12th next year, there's going to be hell to pay, particularly if we finish 12th and then Beams walked as a restricted free agent?

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:32 pm

John Wren wrote:
. crowds are down because the bandwagoners are jumping off.

Bullshit.

I had a season ticket and went to three games all year.

So I'm a bandwagon supporter am I?

Night games, twilight games and Sunday arvo games are the main reason.

Other reasons:

Umpiring
COLA
Schmidt
ASADA
Stevic
WADA
Schmidt
An injury list as long as Longmire's ........
McBurney
Stevic
Schmidt
Peptides
Collingwood 'supporters' booing our own players, or ex-players.

A LOT of people on this forum have expressed a general malaise regarding their interest in footy.

Dismissing them all as bandwagoners is totally missing the point.

The game is in strife mate

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
John Wren wrote:
. crowds are down because the bandwagoners are jumping off.

Bullshit.

I had a season ticket and went to three games all year.

So I'm a bandwagon supporter am I?

Night games, twilight games and Sunday arvo games are the main reason.

Other reasons:

Umpiring
COLA
Schmidt
ASADA
Stevic
WADA
Schmidt
An injury list as long as Longmire's ........
McBurney
Stevic
Schmidt
Peptides
Collingwood 'supporters' booing our own players, or ex-players.

A LOT of people on this forum have expressed a general malaise regarding their interest in footy.

Dismissing them all as bandwagoners is totally missing the point.

The game is in strife mate

there is always an element of bandwagoners that will always drop off once the team starts to look like it won't win. just look at our numbers pre success. where was all the support then?

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

I can't see anything go be optimistic about at the moment - can I ask as a footy question what generates that optimism?

Trade week
Getting Moore for a second round pick
Good news on the injury front
Start winning NAB games
Win the first couple of real games in 2015
Having arguments over selection because it is a case of who can fit in rather than who is the replacement for injuries.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:25 pm

neil wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

Trade week
Start winning NAB games
Having arguments over selection because it is a case of who can fit in rather than who is the replacement for injuries.

I'll give you if we won some games next year, there would be optimism.

I guess I'm interested in now - as we sit right now, is it the prospect of kids? Coming out the other side of this season? Darcy Moore? I don't share much optimism so I'm interested in a footy debate on it.

Even NB has said we could do with a good news story to generate some hope, and I feel like we're getting clobbered on a daily basis, just interested in why people feel it's gonna be OK?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:33 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
neil wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

Trade week
Start winning NAB games

I'll give you if we won some games next year, there would be optimism.

I guess I'm interested in now - as we sit right now, is it the prospect of kids? Coming out the other side of this season? Darcy Moore? I don't share much optimism so I'm interested in a footy debate on it.

Even NB has said we could do with a good news story to generate some hope, and I feel like we're getting clobbered on a daily basis, just interested in why people feel it's gonna be OK?

They reckon yank Cox is going to be very good ruckman in 2016. He will only add to our depth.
You are another typical poster here who didn't quite comprehend or appreciate the amount of injuries we had this season. Our actual list, when fully fit, is right up there with the top 6 AFL sides I reckon.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 pm

jackcass wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

In the first half of this year we played well. Good enough to contend for a spot in the 8. In the second half we played terribly, as poorly as a bottom 4 side. So there's something there for the positivistic and the negativistic, the perfect season for a schism Smile.

The question is will our performance go backward or forward? To me, all signs point forward. We lose Maxwell and Ball and maybe Swan declines (though his 2014 was bad enough that he may improve). The rest of the list is likely to get better, either from further development, especially fitness, or simply recovering from injury.

The one unknown is what we get for Beams. Just a draft pick? Then we fall further back. A decent player and a draft pick? With the added depth I say we're about even. Dangerfield? We're ahead. I think it's more likely that Beams leaving will be a positive than a negative. Almost certainly in the long run but possibly even in the short term.

I don't see a serious case for us falling further behind next season. The only case to be made is that we were lucky to finish where did in 2014, because our list will be better in 2015 (Beams situation pending).

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:13 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
derkd wrote:

Crowds are down

Key players are leaving

In the first half of this year we played well. Good enough to contend for a spot in the 8. In the second half we played terribly, as poorly as a bottom 4 side. So there's something there for the positivistic and the negativistic, the perfect season for a schism Smile.

The question is will our performance go backward or forward? To me, all signs point forward. We lose Maxwell and Ball and maybe Swan declines (though his 2014 was bad enough that he may improve). The rest of the list is likely to get better, either from further development, especially fitness, or simply recovering from injury.

The one unknown is what we get for Beams. Just a draft pick? Then we fall further back. A decent player and a draft pick? With the added depth I say we're about even. Dangerfield? We're ahead. I think it's more likely that Beams leaving will be a positive than a negative. Almost certainly in the long run but possibly even in the short term.

I don't see a serious case for us falling further behind next season. The only case to be made is that we were lucky to finish where did in 2014, because our list will be better in 2015 (Beams situation pending).

Maxwell, Ball, Beams and Harry out is still going to be hard to replace in one go. Maxwell organised our defence - Ball and Beams are two key mids, and Harry gives us run off half back. Do you think we need experience? Or stick to the draft?

You are right, the Beams trade is now the key - what about Sloane? In a 3 team deal, any interest from anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: