Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tough decisions need to be made now!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Tough decisions need to be made now!Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Port Adelaide probably thought they were out of contention two years ago. Funny things can happen in football. Fewer injuries, players coming good, fresh recruiting and just an ounce of luck can change things. Worse thing we could do is trade Cloke, because trading Cloke would be illustrating that the club has no idea what it doing.

Only one thing you have left out of that analysis of Port's recovery (apart from the fact they have a better list). The coach. They have Ken Hinkley, we have Bucks. They play the most exciting brand of football imaginable, we are the turnover kings. Until Bucks produces some semblance of a game plan that might succeed we are headed for bottom four rather than top four.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Look, next year our Baby Pies are gonna be so young, some of us may have to go on Nanny duties down at the Club. ! What we really need, IMHO, is to recruit 2 senior guys, too help guide the young fledglings Pies. Now, if brad sewell misses out on the GF this week, hed be one id definitely want on, say, a 2 year deal, hed take over from Ball. We really need some experienced guys now, what wiith Beams leaving too, we will be the Leagues youngest Creche. !

What a magnificent spit in the face to Bally that would be. Thanks Luke, but you're too old and you'll be playing a lot of VFL next year. Oh by the way, we'll be picking up your 30 year old mate Sewell who is also a slow paced insider with dodgy calfs and hamstrings.
\

errr, didn't Luke retire on his own volition. ?? I heard him say on radio his body was gone now, he thought he could have gone on, but changed his mind. If sewell is so bad, how come he has been a regular pick for the hawks for ages . Question Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:26 pm

no he didn't - he was told by Bucks he would be playing in the 2s for the majority of the year

which effectively equates to we don't want u anymore

he reluctantly announced his retirement the next day after intending to play again in 2015
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:41 pm

He then after the Hawks game stated the decision to retire was the correct one.. I cannot remember where it was, but it was played on Footy Classified the Monday after our last game.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 pm

collie dog wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Port Adelaide probably thought they were out of contention two years ago. Funny things can happen in football. Fewer injuries, players coming good, fresh recruiting and just an ounce of luck can change things. Worse thing we could do is trade Cloke, because trading Cloke would be illustrating that the club has no idea what it doing.

Only one thing you have left out of that analysis of Port's recovery (apart from the fact they have a better list). The coach. They have Ken Hinkley, we have Bucks. They play the most exciting brand of football imaginable, we are the turnover kings. Until Bucks produces some semblance of a game plan that might succeed we are headed for bottom four rather than top four.

CD, if Port "play the most exciting brand of football imaginable" (I have a wild imagination, as a kid I used to imagine being Daicos... lol), so, why didn't they beat us only a few weeks ago? I'd prefer to play ugly and win, than look pretty and lose. Also, on Buckley, why too did all the players nearly dry hump him with how excited they were with the win... You don't embrace someone that way if you don't like them...

I've got enough information on what's going on at the club that I know it's not all doom and gloom. I also know that Davoren needs to pick up his game, our players are not triathletes, they play Aussie Rules and need to be trained accordingly. The club loves selling the spin on training... First Butters with High Alt, now Doveren, pushing them to breaking point to make them stronger, sorry, "more resilient"... Both Bill and Dave aren't doing too well at the moment... Overtraining and the wrong type of training is our issue.

Port's fitness guru... lol, doesn't do what is said at the club and around town, the volume of his method is much less than ours, I know Rocket Eade would argue this, because he's one of the spin doctors. Yet Port's intensity of training is much higher than ours. My point is that most of our players would beat the port players in a marathon... but if they were to do 50 repetitive 50m sprints with a minutes rest in between, the majority of the Port blokes would come out on top. Then again, we'd have a lot of DNF, as our guys would probably pull hammy's because they are not used to such high intensity repeated efforts.

Just some thoughts with a few facts thrown in Wink

Enjoy!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Defender wrote:
With us losing Beams IMO there's no way we'll be contending in the next 4 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I stopped reading at that point. Utter bullshit.Everyone is entitled to hold wrong opinions but there should be penalties for abuse.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Defender wrote:
With us losing Beams IMO there's no way we'll be contending in the next 4 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I stopped reading at that point. Utter bullshit.Everyone is entitled to hold wrong opinions but there should be penalties for abuse.

Are you saying we're a chance? ( think dumb and Lazza)

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:35 pm

collie dog wrote:
Mate Beams might have several reasons for leaving, but one of them is surely that he wants to play in another premiership. That is not likely to happen for a very long time at Collingwood.

Yeh. Brisbane are on the verge of football greatness and financial stability. It has as much validity as you viewpoint on Bucks.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:41 pm

collie dog wrote:
Mate Beams might have several reasons for leaving, but one of them is surely that he wants to play in another premiership. That is not likely to happen for a very long time at Collingwood.

Nor at Brisbane........<snip - ease up with the name-calling, please. BBMods.>

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:43 pm

I get .
E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:41 am

Defender, even though this is absolutely the smartest thing we could do to win the 2018 premiership, it is too much to expect a club like Collingwood to do this.

What would a Freo give for a Travis Cloke given that they are one doiminant big man away from threatening for a flag again? Maybe Port Adelaide too. Or Richmond even. Not sure you want to give him to GC, although if you think we cant win until he is in serious decline, maybe this is the team you can extract best value for.

It depends a lot on your perception of the quality of this years draft AND also the quality of the draft package that one of the contending teams could offer you. Sadly, i think that both of these factors make it highly unlikely that this will happen.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 am

Really now that is an interesting fact I hadn't heard before.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:18 am

Defender wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Defender wrote:

Surrender Defender, forgets totally that a mere two yrs ago Port was broke and a basket case on the field. things can change very quickly in football, a good run with injuries, our kids all coming on, our senior guys and good recruting, and we will be back on deck. Exclamation Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 am

HAL wrote:
Really now that is an interesting fact I hadn't heard before.

You heard a fact on this website - I'm truly amazed!!!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:58 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Defender wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Defender wrote:

Surrender Defender, forgets totally that a mere two yrs ago Port was broke and a basket case on the field. things can change very quickly in football, a good run with injuries, our kids all coming on, our senior guys and good recruting, and we will be back on deck. Exclamation Idea

You're neglecting one key ingredient there Piesnchess - need I say it..??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: