Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Cloke be placed on the table?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:34 am
Post subject: Should Cloke be placed on the table?Reply with quote

In the event that we don't receive a ready made star in return for Beams?

If we are to be bold and rebuild as quickly as possible, I say it's a definite maybe.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you lost your mind?
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:30 pm
Post subject: Re: Should Cloke be placed on the table?Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:

If we are to be bold and rebuild as quickly as possible, I say it's a definite maybe.

Drugs are bad
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Drugs are bad M'Kay
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:37 pm

I believe it is a definite NO $£$%^%%$ WAY!!!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:43 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

No. I'm not especially troubled about Beams but losing Cloke would be impossible to cover.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 pm

I'd trade him to Sydney if they gave us Franklin, Hannebury and Kennedy in return. Razz
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:43 pm

bwphantom wrote:
I believe it is a definite NO $£$%^%%$ WAY!!!!

I think we can end the thread there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Yep, place him on a table and then you can eat sushi off his butt.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Either you guys know a lot more about football and Collingwood than I do, or we're talking at cross purposes.

The premise to the prospect is that we lose Beams and get say pick 4 and another young player in return. That pushes our potential window back by two or three years. Cloke is 27.5 right now. In three years when we're potentially about to hit a window he's 30.5. Maybe still near the top, maybe not, but without a doubt he won't be there much longer.

Remembering that we'll be up against the likes of GWS and GCS who have gads of elite talent we really do need to be bold to get our list up to Premiership standard. We need more mids with top-end potential. Cloke is right at the end of his maximum value. We could get a great deal for him from clubs who are desperate to take the next step.

One other thing to think about: if we canvass this prospect with the Bulldogs and Carlton, would they leave their number 1 pick out of the Moore bidding process to have a stab at Cloke? Probably not, but it's not impossible.

The reason I say "maybe" and not "hell yeah" is that KPPs are hard to find and take time to build. I guess that's why you guys don't seem overly receptive to the idea. We'd need to have a strong Cloke replacement plan in place. Ideally that would be an early 20s potential superstar (Cameron?) on the list or likely to be.

I understand playing it safe and keeping what we have. Who knows we might be able to fill out the rest of the team through free agency. But I just get the feeling we may need to do something a little "brave" to bring in the type of absolute quality we need going forward.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Christ imagine our forward line next year minus Cloke.

It would be a freak show.

I'd only consider it if it involved a swap for Cameron and we picked up someone like Clark as well.

Even then a club leaking players like us over the last few years wont be even entertaining the thought of losing another quality A grade talent.

It would send up a white flag and be a career killer for Buckley in an instant.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:23 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Either you guys know a lot more about football and Collingwood than I do, or we're talking at cross purposes.

The premise to the prospect is that we lose Beams and get say pick 4 and another young player in return. That pushes our potential window back by two or three years. Cloke is 27.5 right now. In three years when we're potentially about to hit a window he's 30.5. Maybe still near the top, maybe not, but without a doubt he won't be there much longer.

Remembering that we'll be up against the likes of GWS and GCS who have gads of elite talent we really do need to be bold to get our list up to Premiership standard. We need more mids with top-end potential. Cloke is right at the end of his maximum value. We could get a great deal for him from clubs who are desperate to take the next step.

One other thing to think about: if we canvass this prospect with the Bulldogs and Carlton, would they leave their number 1 pick out of the Moore bidding process to have a stab at Cloke? Probably not, but it's not impossible.

The reason I say "maybe" and not "hell yeah" is that KPPs are hard to find and take time to build. I guess that's why you guys don't seem overly receptive to the idea. We'd need to have a strong Cloke replacement plan in place. Ideally that would be an early 20s potential superstar (Cameron?) on the list or likely to be.

I understand playing it safe and keeping what we have. Who knows we might be able to fill out the rest of the team through free agency. But I just get the feeling we may need to do something a little "brave" to bring in the type of absolute quality we need going forward.

Glue is for sticking not for sniffing!

There's bold & there's self defeating. I believe your proposition is the latter.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:39 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

we'd need to plug the obvious hole this would create. would doing this give someone like white more responsibility and freedom without getting in the way of cloke? shift reid forward too. who knows how quickly it will take moore to come up to afl level, perhaps 3-4 years.

i get that sometimes you have to give to receive. not overly warm to it but i don't think it is that fanciful an idea.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 pm

As I say for me it's only a maybe. And even then only under specific conditions.

I do also understand that you just don't trade players that want to be at your club. Especially those at the top end. I just think it's something that could possibly be worth contemplating if certain eventualities arise. I still wouldn't expect the club to do it and wouldn't blame them either.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: