Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks and Dangerfield

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:06 am
Post subject: Bucks and DangerfieldReply with quote

Many here are speculating on the possible trade re Beams and how it might get Dangerfield to Collingwood.

I don't know of course, but I doubt Buckley would want Dangerfield after he was heavily involved/responsible in the Sanderson sacking. Kinda like bringing in a 'rat pack" player?? Of course, there is the loyalty to his best mate which might play a part too, albeit it a business decision admittedly.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dangerfield helps to get rid of Buckley I'd say bring it on!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am

If Dangerfield had a big say in Sanderson being sacked (seems at odds with statements earlier in the year), then there's very little chance he'd leave. You don't get a coach sacked then move on to another club.

The hope is that the push came from others and he's not entirely comfortable with it. If that's the case we'd be some chance of working a trade.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:15 am
Post subject: Re: Bucks and DangerfieldReply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Many here are speculating on the possible trade re Beams and how it might get Dangerfield to Collingwood.

I don't know of course, but I doubt Buckley would want Dangerfield after he was heavily involved/responsible in the Sanderson sacking. Kinda like bringing in a 'rat pack" player?? Of course, there is the loyalty to his best mate which might play a part too, albeit it a business decision admittedly.

I suspect that Sanderson's sacking had more to do with members on the Adelaide board, than any discontent among the Adelaide players. Adelaide will regret their decision and that's their problem. If their situation leads to unrest and motivates Dangerfield wanting to leave Adelaide then Collingwood would be a great home for Dangerfield.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Ricciuto had a fair bit to do with Sanderson's sacking, so I'm told.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Dangerfield had nothing to do with Sanderson's sacking. You're closer to the mark BucksIsFutureCoach.

Would love Dangerfield at collingwood.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 pm

^^Let's hope you're right and that Paddy is P'd. If we could get him it would potentially be an upgrade on Beams.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Podpicken wrote:
Dangerfield had nothing to do with Sanderson's sacking. You're closer to the mark BucksIsFutureCoach.

Would love Dangerfield at collingwood.

I'd rather have Rockliff if there was a choice of course.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 pm

If Dangerfield did have anything to do with Sanderson getting sacked it's unlikely that he would then come here and play under one of Sanderson's best mates.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 pm

makri wrote:
If Dangerfield did have anything to do with Sanderson getting sacked it's unlikely that he would then come here and play under one of Sanderson's best mates.

Especially if Sanderson is one of Buck's assistants. Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Losing Beams and getting Dangerfield using the Beams compensation should be the first option we try.

Get him to agree to our offer and we're half way there with the implied threat that he'll leave for the pies at the end of 2015 if a trade isn't done.

Pick 4 and a player off the Brisbane list that suits there needs and one there prepared to trade would be better compensation that what they'll receive via free agency.

Replace Beams immediately with Dangerfield and our hopes in the short term suddenly don't seem so bleak.

About time Ed pulled off another Malthouse style coup.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:44 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Losing Beams and getting Dangerfield using the Beams compensation should be the first option we try.

Get him to agree to our offer and we're half way there with the implied threat that he'll leave for the pies at the end of 2015 if a trade isn't done.

Pick 4 and a player off the Brisbane list that suits there needs and one there prepared to trade would be better compensation that what they'll receive via free agency.

Replace Beams immediately with Dangerfield and our hopes in the short term suddenly don't seem so bleak.

Adelaide's recent professionalism means they'll probably offer us former number 1 pick Richard Tambling!

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 pm

swoop42 wrote:

I know I pooh poohed us ever getting Dangerfield in another thread but with the Beams situation arising the notion isn't as far fetched as it once was.

I doubt it will happen but if the club don't at least throw an offer out there re orchestrating a 3 way trade then I'd be surprised.

As great as getting Dangerfield the player is, in light of the year we've had on field and the discontent festering off, it would almost be as much of a coup for the clubs public relations.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Is Dangerfield a Victorian?I don't know much about him,except that he's a damn good player.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 pm
Post subject: Re: Bucks and DangerfieldReply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:

Why not, makes as much sense as bringing in Clark who by all reports (I'm led to believe his depression is only a part of the whole picture) is exactly the sort Bucks should stay away from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: