Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brisbanes '' magnificent '' seven. Rate their desirability

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:20 pm
Post subject: Brisbanes '' magnificent '' seven. Rate their desirabilityReply with quote

Im interested in anyones thoughts. Seems the pies are hanging tough for one of their guns and we can only hope it pans out that way. I have rated my desirability ranking from top to bottom and Im happy to be picked apart or subjected to constructive criticism. There isn't much difference in a couple of their players profiles but that's the fun of it. Im splitting hairs on a couple of these.

I don't think anyone believes we are going to pick up rockliffe but magnificent seven sounds a lot better than magnificent six. So with that in mind, here goes.

1 ) ROCKLIFFE - clearly their best

2 ) REDDEN - still a very good footballer and now in the background only cause of Rockliffes improvement

3 ) AISH - 10 year player and the outside pace and skill we desperately need

4 ) HANDLEY - run and carry. Great tank and may still improve a little ( or not )

5 ) ZORKO - quick, burst player. Also goes forward and regularly kicks goals

6 ) MAYES - rate him highly but someone had to be sixth. Seems more opportunistic than a hunter of the football.

7 ) RICH - ok player, off an ACL. To easily put off his game and seems to play at his best off half back and we have a couple like him.

I can easily see why we are chasing Redden but it wont be easy picking up their second best player either

Help me out lads.

In Derek Hine, we trust.
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace Beams with Redden and they look pretty good. Beamer averages 2 less tackles a game and has a bit of a knock on him about his defensive game but definitely makes up for it in class and goals. I'd be happy with either Redden or Aish. Redden for his two way running and hard ball gets, Aish for his pace and class (Although another small mid is a worry).
Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Brisbanes '' magnificent '' seven. Rate their desirabiliReply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Im interested in anyones thoughts. Seems the pies are hanging tough for one of their guns and we can only hope it pans out that way. I have rated my desirability ranking from top to bottom and Im happy to be picked apart or subjected to constructive criticism. There isn't much difference in a couple of their players profiles but that's the fun of it. Im splitting hairs on a couple of these.

I don't think anyone believes we are going to pick up rockliffe but magnificent seven sounds a lot better than magnificent six. So with that in mind, here goes.

1 ) ROCKLIFFE - clearly their best

2 ) REDDEN - still a very good footballer and now in the background only cause of Rockliffes improvement

3 ) AISH - 10 year player and the outside pace and skill we desperately need

4 ) HANDLEY - run and carry. Great tank and may still improve a little ( or not )

5 ) ZORKO - quick, burst player. Also goes forward and regularly kicks goals

6 ) MAYES - rate him highly but someone had to be sixth. Seems more opportunistic than a hunter of the football.

7 ) RICH - ok player, off an ACL. To easily put off his game and seems to play at his best off half back and we have a couple like him.

I can easily see why we are chasing Redden but it wont be easy picking up their second best player either

Help me out lads.

In Derek Hine, we trust.

Beg to differ, we have NOBODY who can kick a football like that.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Aish would be the pick of the bunch for sure. I would love to get Aish. But Brisbane would be mad to let him go. They'll reckon Aish, with that long top-level career in front of him, is a straight swap for Beams, and Pick 4 won't even enter into consideration. Sadly, they ain't dreamin.

Zorko would be a good get for us, but we'd have to sweeten the pot, say by swapping Pick 4 and Zorko for Beams and our second round pick. Even so, I doubt they'd do it. Something more complicated might work though.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 am

what do you folks think about accepting one of these guys and their 'Second' pick which is no. 25, in exchange for Beams?
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:14 am

Damien wrote:
what do you folks think about accepting one of these guys and their 'Second' pick which is no. 25, in exchange for Beams?

No, we are losing our 2nd best player and they'll gain a superstar for the next 6-8 years, they have to come to the party.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 am

themonk wrote:
Damien wrote:

No, we are losing our 2nd best player and they'll gain a superstar for the next 6-8 years, they have to come to the party.

some of those mention can obviously play and we'd get many of them for longer than 6-8 years.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:29 am

Can't see the Brions including any of these guys in a trade, particularly given the exodus last year. They do however have Patful wanting to go to GWS who coincidently have a couple of prospects who want to return to Melbourne. Would Patful and P25 get O'Rourke or Jaksch to the Pies?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:48 am

jackcass wrote:
Can't see the Brions including any of these guys in a trade, particularly given the exodus last year. They do however have Patful wanting to go to GWS who coincidently have a couple of prospects who want to return to Melbourne. Would Patful and P25 get O'Rourke or Jaksch to the Pies?

yeah, i thought there was a good opportunity to get gws involved as a third party. the talk is jaksch will not go to carlton and certainly not essendon.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:

yeah, i thought there was a good opportunity to get gws involved as a third party. the talk is jaksch will not go to carlton and certainly not essendon.

Don't know that we need another KPP but P5 and Jaksch/O'Rourke seems reasonable to me for Beams. Particularly if we get the Greenwood deal done.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Don't know that we need another KPP but P5 and Jaksch/O'Rourke seems reasonable to me for Beams. Particularly if we get the Greenwood deal done.

just seen this proposal: hawks give #19 for o'rourke which is then ontraded to brisbane for patfull. #5 & #19 to collingwood for beams.

only thing, #19 sounds too much for patfull.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: