Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jordan Russell and Tom Young win a flag!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:16 pm
Post subject: Jordan Russell and Tom Young win a flag!Reply with quote

Yep. Both these Collingwood rejects can celebrate tonight as Russell captained Footscray to a VFL flag in their first year as a stand alone side. Well done to both guys.

Tarrant won a flag with North Launceston yesterday, and Rhyce Shaw and Jon Ceglar are a chance to win an AFL flag next week.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cue 35forever to write a 5000 word diatribe into why Buckley let these premiership champions go too early.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Flashman wrote:
Cue 35forever to write a 5000 word diatribe into why Buckley let these premiership champions go too early.

And how it not only ruined our AFL season, but also cost our VFL side a premiership.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Congratulations to both of them.

But the right call was made on both. Neither was going to take us to a premiership...

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:04 pm

congrats to both jordan and tom. a flag at any level is a terrific achievement.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Flashman wrote:

Oh for f&cks sake please no!!!

Made me laugh though.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:13 pm

It was good for both to claim the flag with the Doggies, also glad Liam Jones played well as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Jordan Russell and Tom Young win a flag!Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:
Yep. Both these Collingwood rejects can celebrate tonight as Russell captained Footscray to a VFL flag in their first year as a stand alone side. Well done to both guys.

Tarrant won a flag with North Launceston yesterday, and Rhyce Shaw and Jon Ceglar are a chance to win an AFL flag next week.

Congrats to them. Your point would be what?

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 pm

congrats to both of them

but the question remains why was rioli on the bench for whole of last qtr (yea sure clarko had a say in it) but he will do his hammy if he plays in gf
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Great for Rusty and Soup (Dogs call him "Soup" even though we called him "Sauce") but I have to say I was absolutely shattered for Sammy. I didn't want the Stangs to win, but to have to sit and watch the last half from the bench with a torn hammy and an annoying ABC camera shoved in your face every two minutes really spoilt the game for me even though the contest was a classic. Sam had a fantastic year again and featured in the top 5 VFL players of the year as voted by the ABC.

Have to also say that Docklands is officially the biggest sh!thole of a ground outside of Northern Mongolia. What a disgrace the surface was and considering the perfect day it was outside too. But it looks like the VFL GF has outgrown even Princes Park now. Suffice to say that Vic Park's 7,500 seats aint even close. If we make it next season we may need to play it at the G! O_O Imagine 40K to a VFL GF?! Pies v Dogs Very Happy

Also, on the ABC....goal of the year and mark of the year doesn't work chaps if you only cover 1/8th of the games!!! Embarrassing coverage all year....except for when Huddo was on.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:11 pm

die4pies wrote:
Great for Rusty and Soup (Dogs call him "Soup" even though we called him "Sauce") but I have to say I was absolutely shattered for Sammy. I didn't want the Stangs to win, but to have to sit and watch the last half from the bench with a torn hammy and an annoying ABC camera shoved in your face every two minutes really spoilt the game for me even though the contest was a classic. Sam had a fantastic year again and featured in the top 5 VFL players of the year as voted by the ABC.

Have to also say that Docklands is officially the biggest sh!thole of a ground outside of Northern Mongolia. What a disgrace the surface was and considering the perfect day it was outside too. But it looks like the VFL GF has outgrown even Princes Park now. Suffice to say that Vic Park's 7,500 seats aint even close. If we make it next season we may need to play it at the G! O_O Imagine 40K to a VFL GF?! Pies v Dogs Very Happy

Also, on the ABC....goal of the year and mark of the year doesn't work chaps if you only cover 1/8th of the games!!! Embarrassing coverage all year....except for when Huddo was on.

I'm normally one who prefers the ABC's simplified coverage to the razzamatazz and nonsense from Channel 7, but I have to admit, the coverage just hasn't been the same without Peter Donegan. No surprise, probably the best commentator of footy going around is also a Pies man as well...

Really felt for Sammy Iles. Looked on the verge of tears sitting there, watching his boys run out of gas thanks to no rotations, while a fit player was on the pine next to him but taken out of play by the Hawthorn hierarchy. I'd be dirty in any event, but if I were a Box Hill player, I'd be livid if Rioli doesn't play on Saturday, because then it would all have been for nothing.

I'm pretty confident that, all hands fully fit, our boys can match it with the Doggies. They got us when we were depleted by injury. Poor Benny Kennedy played a lone hand in round 11 and we had nobody to kick it to up forward.

And lay off the Docklands surface jibes. They're an insult to Northern Mongolia... Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Good On Them

Though VFL is there Level

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:58 pm

die4pies wrote:

I heard the Heads at the ABC Don’t Really care about it at all and the Coverage this year was Shit. No - Peter Dongeron destroyed it

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Congratulations to Jordan Russell and Tom Young!

I was happy to see the Doggies win the VFL flag this year apart from us obviously.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:16 pm

DOUBLE POST! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: