Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley: Collingwood will try for Brenton Sanderson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpieazza wrote:
So with equalisation being applied to all AFL clubs, how does Adelaide get to pay out Sanderson and keep some sort of balance in their books?

It isn't fair that Collingwood have to shed 1.5 mill to play by the new rules, we should have had some sort of time limit to phase out. All that good work over many years since 1999 and now we are have to hand back that hard earned money, the AFL can go F@#k themselves!!

So keeping the gate takings means nothing, selling jumpers means nothing because no matter how rich we become we cant use any of it. We may as well have AFL employees working in our shops and memberships should be sold for buggershitall and the AFL can give us a handout when we plead for help.

I'm probably being over simplistic but I want answers as to why Collingwood is busting its arse for the AFL.

AND, more to the point too, how do the bleeding COLA rorting swans get to afford BOTH Buddy and Tippett, the best forward line in the AFL ????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:16 pm

^^We don't have to shed that money, it will just cost us more if we don't. And the new rule is being phased in. There will be a soft cap set at the average industry spend plus $500k. Over that cap there will be a tax payable of:

2015: 37.5%
2016: 75%

The tax payment will be capped at $1M for 2015 and 2016.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Pretty sure Adelaide will have to include Sanderson's salary in there football department expenditure for the next two seasons unless they get special dispensation from the AFL.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:40 pm

The Swans have already won the 2014 flag, Piesnchess.
Thanx for that info An_Inkling at least it softens the blow.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:15 pm

If Sando's an 8/10 bucks only needs to be a 2/10 as many of the flogs on here would suggest he is. That would give us 10/10.

Pay the tax. It's still a lot less than Essendon will be paying in legal fees.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:23 pm
Post subject: Oh godReply with quote

Here we go again! What are this blokes winning credentials? Buckley should be more concerned about his shocking performance as senior coach than giving a running commentary about how we will get another failed coach! Omg we need to do what Port Adelaide did! Clear the whole bloody lot out and start again. Our cosy Board included
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:45 pm
Post subject: Re: Oh godReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Here we go again! What are this blokes winning credentials? Buckley should be more concerned about his shocking performance as senior coach than giving a running commentary about how we will get another failed coach! Omg we need to do what Port Adelaide did! Clear the whole bloody lot out and start again. Our cosy Board included

Pretty sure that's already in progress....genius.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:01 am

Surely we could get Sanderson for nothing, and by that, I literally mean nothing because Adelaide will still be paying him a wage for the next 2 years. We won't have to pay him anything at all to be an assistant coach.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:05 am

swoop42 wrote:
I thought we weren't going to be replacing Lappin with anyone?

Now it looks like we are but that appointment was made prior to the Sanderson sacking.

Thought they were always looking to fill the void from within so I'd assumed that 1 of the development guys would assume Lappins role.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:10 am

Sav wrote:
If sando is 8 or 9 out of 10, what is bucks?

If you'd listened to the interview you'd appreciate that it wasn't a performance ranking as such, it was a point about how much he was able to focus on coaching without being dragged into other distractions. Bucks indicated that with Eddie, Pert, Rocket, Derek in place it wasn't an issue at Collingwood.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 am

magpieazza wrote:
So with equalisation being applied to all AFL clubs, how does Adelaide get to pay out Sanderson and keep some sort of balance in their books?

It isn't fair that Collingwood have to shed 1.5 mill to play by the new rules, we should have had some sort of time limit to phase out. All that good work over many years since 1999 and now we are have to hand back that hard earned money, the AFL can go F@#k themselves!!

So keeping the gate takings means nothing, selling jumpers means nothing because no matter how rich we become we cant use any of it. We may as well have AFL employees working in our shops and memberships should be sold for buggershitall and the AFL can give us a handout when we plead for help.

I'm probably being over simplistic but I want answers as to why Collingwood is busting its arse for the AFL.

I think that is yet to be determined but I reckon they'll argue that if they pay his termination payment this calender year it shouldn't then be expensed in future years and therefore not subject to the faux cap tax to be introduced in 2015. That's what happened with Clark at Melbourne.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:29 pm

If ever there was a system that can be exploited it's the coaching department salary limit. Sanderson's wife can be employed as a receptionist on 200k a year whilst Sanderson is on a 50k a year contract.
Sav 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 pm

If bucks does get sando as a assistant, the club should only offer a one year deal at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: