Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley on ABC grandstand today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The old MM, Daisy, Comeback Shaw, please stay H, etc etc, can all the Buckley haters F off this forum and go crawl under the rock you came from once and for all...

Side by side.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Sav wrote:
I think we all know if bucks misses the finals again next season he'll be gone. Can't see how he'd survive missing the finals 2 seasons in a row. His besty sando just got the arse from the crows for going backwards the last 2 years. Bucks has now gone backwards 3 years in a row.

I cannot imagine 'going backwards' was the full blame for Sando being sacked I would imagine there was more than meets the eye there, but let's face it for him there was no chance of going forward they haven't had the access to decent draft picks because of the stuff up with Trigg and Tippett. They lost Tippett, then injuries plus dealing with the loss of Dean Bailey when he passed away.

But Buckley would find it hard to survive another poor season and missed finals I agree, I am sure they will figure out the mistakes and go from there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:04 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
If Geelong has turfed Thompson at the end of 2006 when a team full of talent continued to fail to deliver... they might have 3 less flags???

Teams that chop and change coaches rarely have success - most of the successful coaches are given time. Malthouse is a 3 time premiership coach and yet bloozers are still struggling - they may yet come good - but it does take time to develop the right mix of players and game plan and ride the highs and lows that footy and life presents.

Bux is under the pump next year - But I will back we get a much better year out of Reid - White - Cloke - Grundy - Witts - Brown - Frost and Keefe - our spine/big guys will all improve from this year's output and that will make a huge difference for the kids and the rest of the team!

You are a wise man, and speak the truth. As usual Buckley handled himself with great aplomb in this interview, and if he's as considered and mature inside the club as he sounds outside, he'll get us there.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:48 pm

35forever wrote:
Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:
Sav wrote:
Bucks needs to worry about his own job. Miss the finals next season and he'll be joining his best mate sando.

Yeah, lets waste another year! More injuries, more dumped premiership players, and more 5.19 scorelines.

Does anyone here BUY this horseshite? Things are great with H but he should probably piss off to Sydney?!?! If that isn't a flat-out LIE what is! Are you not sick of the lies? I tell you now the players are, we are the court jester of the AFL when we should be the Kings!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

The caravan moves on.

Sorry, I don't usually sink to personal stuff, but what IS that? What does it mean? It isn't an argument, it isn't a reply, what it is is a great example of whats wrong at Collingwood. No commitment, no urgency to change our fortunes, just a wishy-washy piece of jibber-jabber! "Well, if we just do nothing things MIGHT get better in a few years" I know that's good enough for many here but it isn't good enough for me, it isn't good enough for many others, and it isn't good enough for Collingwood.
Unfortunately it IS good enough for Eddie, Pert and Co. because they put us where we are and making the change now drops them right in it, they have no option but to pray for a miracle. Miracles don't happen.

Think about it, if we'd missed the finals in 2006 Malthouse would've been dumped despite getting us into a GF within 3 years. When Hafey had one bad season he was dumped, when Matthews had 2 bad years he was gone, when much loved club champ Tony Shaw had 3 bad years we gave him one more season because we loved him so... WHAT WAS THE RESULT!?!?

Thats right. So THINK about what you want to see next year. And THINK about who will be around to replace Buckley when it happens. If we replace him with a nobody it'll take 2-3 years minimum. Bomber, or someone of his proven ability would have us back playing finals NEXT season, I'll happily bet my lefty on it!

Isn't that ironic, question the commitment of the club and some posters and then offer up just 1 nut as a wager... tsk tsk!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:53 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
35forever wrote:
Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:
Sav wrote:
Bucks needs to worry about his own job. Miss the finals next season and he'll be joining his best mate sando.

Yeah, lets waste another year! More injuries, more dumped premiership players, and more 5.19 scorelines.

Does anyone here BUY this horseshite? Things are great with H but he should probably piss off to Sydney?!?! If that isn't a flat-out LIE what is! Are you not sick of the lies? I tell you now the players are, we are the court jester of the AFL when we should be the Kings!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

The caravan moves on.

Sorry, I don't usually sink to personal stuff, but what IS that? What does it mean? It isn't an argument, it isn't a reply, what it is is a great example of whats wrong at Collingwood. No commitment, no urgency to change our fortunes, just a wishy-washy piece of jibber-jabber! "Well, if we just do nothing things MIGHT get better in a few years" I know that's good enough for many here but it isn't good enough for me, it isn't good enough for many others, and it isn't good enough for Collingwood.
Unfortunately it IS good enough for Eddie, Pert and Co. because they put us where we are and making the change now drops them right in it, they have no option but to pray for a miracle. Miracles don't happen.

Think about it, if we'd missed the finals in 2006 Malthouse would've been dumped despite getting us into a GF within 3 years. When Hafey had one bad season he was dumped, when Matthews had 2 bad years he was gone, when much loved club champ Tony Shaw had 3 bad years we gave him one more season because we loved him so... WHAT WAS THE RESULT!?!?

Thats right. So THINK about what you want to see next year. And THINK about who will be around to replace Buckley when it happens. If we replace him with a nobody it'll take 2-3 years minimum. Bomber, or someone of his proven ability would have us back playing finals NEXT season, I'll happily bet my lefty on it!

My reading of history is a bit different to you. It's true Hafey had one bad year, but it was a year we hadn't won a game and the players were in open rebellion against the coach and threatening to walk out (and Moore walked the following year). Matthews says in all the interviews I've heard, that he was treading water in the last couple of years at Collingwood and didn't have the players to progress the side. It's true that Tony Shaw was at least one year in the job too long, but the reality was there was no ready replacement for him until Malthouse came along. Eddie was going to replace Shaw in 1999 with Damien Drumm but reconsidered. That would have been a disaster. And Eddie planning to sack Malthouse in 2006 if we didn't make the finals is news to me, given the football department had been reorganised the year before and was starting to bear fruit in 2006.

Shouldn't let reality get in the way of a good rant.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:46 am

Darkstranger wrote:
The old MM, Daisy, Comeback Shaw, please stay H, etc etc, can all the Buckley haters F off this forum and go crawl under the rock you came from once and for all...

Side by side.

Laughing Laughing Well that sure is a qualified side by side

I've been pissed off ever since Des Fothergill left us Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: