Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley on ABC grandstand today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 pm
Post subject: Buckley on ABC grandstand todayReply with quote

Bucks provided special comments during the Port v Dawks game. Pre game he was asked about Harry L. He said;

- Harry's has been unfairly portrayed in the media
- Things between CFC and Harry are amiciable
- Agrees that Harry probably needs a fresh start and they are looking at it to try and please all parties.

Re Brenton Sanderson he said;

- Adelaide FC didin't appear to support him enough
- They are wasting a 7 figure sum on someone who gives them nothing now for the next 2 years
- Assistant coaching spots at CFC are now filled. There is currently no spot for Sando but if he can make one, he will.

Re Mitch Clark

- Bucks is confident CLARK is committed to a full return to football
- He would love it if CLARK decided to play for Collingwood

On Rupert BETHERAS's rumoured comeback - he is supportive of it.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Rupe but isn't he a bit old for a comeback? ( 38 )

Last edited by Wokko on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sav 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Bucks needs to worry about his own job. Miss the finals next season and he'll be joining his best mate sando.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Wokko wrote:
Love Rupe but isn't he a bit old for a comeback? (3Cool

Okay so i made this bit up - he was a favourite of mine!

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Sav wrote:
Bucks needs to worry about his own job. Miss the finals next season and he'll be joining his best mate sando.

Yeah, lets waste another year! More injuries, more dumped premiership players, and more 5.19 scorelines.

Does anyone here BUY this horseshite? Things are great with H but he should probably piss off to Sydney?!?! If that isn't a flat-out LIE what is! Are you not sick of the lies? I tell you now the players are, we are the court jester of the AFL when we should be the Kings!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:01 pm

[quote="Sav"]Bucks needs to worry about his own job. Miss the finals next season and he'll be joining his best mate sando.[/quote]

Cool story bro
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:42 pm

35forever wrote:
Sav wrote:

Yeah, lets waste another year! More injuries, more dumped premiership players, and more 5.19 scorelines.

Does anyone here BUY this horseshite? Things are great with H but he should probably piss off to Sydney?!?! If that isn't a flat-out LIE what is! Are you not sick of the lies? I tell you now the players are, we are the court jester of the AFL when we should be the Kings!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

The caravan moves on.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:13 am

Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:
Sav wrote:

WAKE UP!!!!!!

The caravan moves on.

Sorry, I don't usually sink to personal stuff, but what IS that? What does it mean? It isn't an argument, it isn't a reply, what it is is a great example of whats wrong at Collingwood. No commitment, no urgency to change our fortunes, just a wishy-washy piece of jibber-jabber! "Well, if we just do nothing things MIGHT get better in a few years" I know that's good enough for many here but it isn't good enough for me, it isn't good enough for many others, and it isn't good enough for Collingwood.
Unfortunately it IS good enough for Eddie, Pert and Co. because they put us where we are and making the change now drops them right in it, they have no option but to pray for a miracle. Miracles don't happen.

Think about it, if we'd missed the finals in 2006 Malthouse would've been dumped despite getting us into a GF within 3 years. When Hafey had one bad season he was dumped, when Matthews had 2 bad years he was gone, when much loved club champ Tony Shaw had 3 bad years we gave him one more season because we loved him so... WHAT WAS THE RESULT!?!?

Thats right. So THINK about what you want to see next year. And THINK about who will be around to replace Buckley when it happens. If we replace him with a nobody it'll take 2-3 years minimum. Bomber, or someone of his proven ability would have us back playing finals NEXT season, I'll happily bet my lefty on it!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:53 am

I'm starting to get the feeling that the poster above may not be fully supportive of our current coaching team. Anyone else getting this impression?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:08 am

I say, lets deal with the here & now.

Shaw has gone, so has Daisy. H is now likely to leave. I would have preferred all three to have remained.

MM has gone & I would have preferred he stay & for better or for worse Bucks is our coach until the Committe & Ed tell us that Bucks has their full support.

Until that time the rest is piss & wind as an old colleague & ex Vietenam Vet Vaughan used to say.

Go pies & go Bucks.

Sav 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:57 am

I think we all know if bucks misses the finals again next season he'll be gone. Can't see how he'd survive missing the finals 2 seasons in a row. His besty sando just got the arse from the crows for going backwards the last 2 years. Bucks has now gone backwards 3 years in a row.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:01 am

If Geelong has turfed Thompson at the end of 2006 when a team full of talent continued to fail to deliver... they might have 3 less flags???

Teams that chop and change coaches rarely have success - most of the successful coaches are given time. Malthouse is a 3 time premiership coach and yet bloozers are still struggling - they may yet come good - but it does take time to develop the right mix of players and game plan and ride the highs and lows that footy and life presents.

Bux is under the pump next year - But I will back we get a much better year out of Reid - White - Cloke - Grundy - Witts - Brown - Frost and Keefe - our spine/big guys will all improve from this year's output and that will make a huge difference for the kids and the rest of the team!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 am

35forever wrote:
Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:
Sav wrote:

WAKE UP!!!!!!

The caravan moves on.

Sorry, I don't usually sink to personal stuff, but what IS that? What does it mean? It isn't an argument, it isn't a reply, what it is is a great example of whats wrong at Collingwood. No commitment, no urgency to change our fortunes, just a wishy-washy piece of jibber-jabber! "Well, if we just do nothing things MIGHT get better in a few years" I know that's good enough for many here but it isn't good enough for me, it isn't good enough for many others, and it isn't good enough for Collingwood.
Unfortunately it IS good enough for Eddie, Pert and Co. because they put us where we are and making the change now drops them right in it, they have no option but to pray for a miracle. Miracles don't happen.

Think about it, if we'd missed the finals in 2006 Malthouse would've been dumped despite getting us into a GF within 3 years. When Hafey had one bad season he was dumped, when Matthews had 2 bad years he was gone, when much loved club champ Tony Shaw had 3 bad years we gave him one more season because we loved him so... WHAT WAS THE RESULT!?!?

Thats right. So THINK about what you want to see next year. And THINK about who will be around to replace Buckley when it happens. If we replace him with a nobody it'll take 2-3 years minimum. Bomber, or someone of his proven ability would have us back playing finals NEXT season, I'll happily bet my lefty on it!

My reading of history is a bit different to you. It's true Hafey had one bad year, but it was a year we hadn't won a game and the players were in open rebellion against the coach and threatening to walk out (and Moore walked the following year). Matthews says in all the interviews I've heard, that he was treading water in the last couple of years at Collingwood and didn't have the players to progress the side. It's true that Tony Shaw was at least one year in the job too long, but the reality was there was no ready replacement for him until Malthouse came along. Eddie was going to replace Shaw in 1999 with Damien Drumm but reconsidered. That would have been a disaster. And Eddie planning to sack Malthouse in 2006 if we didn't make the finals is news to me, given the football department had been reorganised the year before and was starting to bear fruit in 2006.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:54 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I'm starting to get the feeling that the poster above may not be fully supportive of our current coaching team. Anyone else getting this impression?

Yes I agree - and he confuses his own ill informed speculation as FACT, and is livid that this poor evidence is not convincing enough to influence the masses on Nicks.

Sadly he is the Piped piper with an inaudible pipe.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 pm

35forever wrote:
Sav wrote:

WAKE UP!!!!!!

You mistake invective and rhetoric as compelling arguments.
You have not been able to make any sensible or logical argument yet to support dumping Bucks - your falsehoods below are easily dismissed.

- players hate him - except that players are staying when its time to re-sign
- changing coach always works - except the opposite is true
- injuries are his fault - when Davoren is the problem
- H should stay - except you can't offer any insight on how his heightened sensitivities can be managed going forward.

I think you're the one that needs to WAKE UP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: