Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jamie Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:53 pm
Post subject: Jamie ElliottReply with quote

I hope he's watching the Hawks v port game today, in particular Robbie Grey.

I see a lot of similarities between the 2 and the next step for Jamie is to push into the midfield much like Robbie this season.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank God. I was dreading reading this thread. I thought you might be about to report a serious off-season injury. Wink
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Hopefully only a serious case of leather poisoning in 2015.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:57 pm

I keep thinking the same thing tonight
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Compared to players in the top four sides he is typical of another overrated Collingwood player! For me he is way too small and lacking the tough physical tall presence we desperately need on our forward line! We can't be a Premiership side with little fellas being idolized by Pies fans who don't understand what it means to be a successful side!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Huh, got in the top 5 marks of the year two years running, can take a screamer and kick a goal

Me thinks you have small man envy syndrome Hoos, Jamie is a champ

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Would have agreed after rnd 1 Hiss ,but he made great strides in his consistency And was the best of our little fwds imop and the future looks bright for him and us.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:43 pm

He's come back from an ACL a couple of years back (happened against us in 2012) to become one of the best players in the league which gives me some hope for Scharenberg now.

I've been really impressed with him and I agree Jamie Elliott should be striving to emulate if not replicate Gray's game.

Elliott is shorter, but more athletic but both have good skills and goal sense. Elliott doesn't have the engine that Gray has but Gray is in his absolute prime as a footballer and Elliott is still a few years off.

Jamie will hopefully be our next proper superstar something we only really have in Pendlebury now that Swan is seemingly on the wane.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:30 am

Totally disagree Hiss. Gray is an excellent player, but so is Elliot. He's still a kid and I would cite him as one of maybe 2 or 3 senior players who took great strides in 2014, the only other one I can think of is Sidey. The guy is an amazing mark which completely belies his stature, and is amongst the most reliable kicks for goal we have. He still has plenty of room for improvement, and given that he's only just turned 22 and played only 50 odd games there is an awful lot to look forward to, one of the few bright patches in an otherwise grey sky. This whole argument about our height is a bit of a non-starter, and probably owes it's existence to someone inside the club looking for excuses and to justify dumping players wholesale.

Elliot's marking ability nullifies any argument about his height, leaving us with a quick, mobile forward with a bit of X-factor, something Buckley seems to be trying to eradicate. In which case I can't think of a club who wouldn’t take him in a heartbeat.

As for Grey, as good as he is I'd put his numbers up against Jamie's quite happily. For a start he's played more than twice as many games, although it's taken 8 seasons, he's four years older, and only kicked 9 more goals than 'Billy' this year despite 8 more games, and Elliot's accuracy is miles ahead. Billy took more marks than Robbie in 2014 despite the game difference, in fact the only real area of difference is in possessions where Gray is in front by not that much.
Personally I'd prefer to keep Elliot as a small forward, his kicking is too good in a side famous for poor kicking to try to make a mid out of him, we have mids and damn good ones at that, Port can't put up anything to match Pendles, Beamer, Swanny, and Sidey, but then again who can? With the addition of Darcy Moore to our forward line (though it'll probably be a year or two), the opportunities for a high-marking quick, accurate forward will be many. If he continues to improve at the rate he did this year he could easily be the premier small forward in the game before he reaches Robbie Gray's current age.

Let's just hope he can avoid the 'bad luck' that has kept our injury list longer than a Rhino's dong for three years running and We'll be very very happy we have Jamie Elliot long after Robbie Gray has retired.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 am

35forever wrote:
Totally disagree Hiss. Gray is an excellent player, but so is Elliot. He's still a kid and I would cite him as one of maybe 2 or 3 senior players who took great strides in 2014, the only other one I can think of is Sidey. The guy is an amazing mark which completely belies his stature, and is amongst the most reliable kicks for goal we have. He still has plenty of room for improvement, and given that he's only just turned 22 and played only 50 odd games there is an awful lot to look forward to, one of the few bright patches in an otherwise grey sky. This whole argument about our height is a bit of a non-starter, and probably owes it's existence to someone inside the club looking for excuses and to justify dumping players wholesale.

Elliot's marking ability nullifies any argument about his height, leaving us with a quick, mobile forward with a bit of X-factor, something Buckley seems to be trying to eradicate. In which case I can't think of a club who wouldn’t take him in a heartbeat.

As for Grey, as good as he is I'd put his numbers up against Jamie's quite happily. For a start he's played more than twice as many games, although it's taken 8 seasons, he's four years older, and only kicked 9 more goals than 'Billy' this year despite 8 more games, and Elliot's accuracy is miles ahead. Billy took more marks than Robbie in 2014 despite the game difference, in fact the only real area of difference is in possessions where Gray is in front by not that much.
Personally I'd prefer to keep Elliot as a small forward, his kicking is too good in a side famous for poor kicking to try to make a mid out of him, we have mids and damn good ones at that, Port can't put up anything to match Pendles, Beamer, Swanny, and Sidey, but then again who can? With the addition of Darcy Moore to our forward line (though it'll probably be a year or two), the opportunities for a high-marking quick, accurate forward will be many. If he continues to improve at the rate he did this year he could easily be the premier small forward in the game before he reaches Robbie Gray's current age.

Let's just hope he can avoid the 'bad luck' that has kept our injury list longer than a Rhino's dong for three years running and We'll be very very happy we have Jamie Elliot long after Robbie Gray has retired.

wtf?! why the need to lambast buckley at every turn? elliott is a terrific young talent with heaps of potential yet as admirable and exciting his leaps are he still has to do the right thing by the team.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:48 am

I partially agree with 35forever...

I would also like to keep Elliot as a forward option - the clear highlight from the good teams this year is the depth of quality forwards.

Elliot is a quality forward - forget what that old loser Hiss has to say!

With forwards required to transition up the ground and run forward Elliot will have plenty of opportunity to mix it up further up the ground as a forward. The days of a stay-at-home forward are seemingly vanishing.

I can also understand the perception that Bux has cleaned out the x-factor - however a lot of that would have occurred with whoever was coaching. Didak and Daisy had that X-factor - the ability to turn a game quickly with brilliant moments and in a short amount of time - however those x-factor types are rare and often have baggage or need to be managed appropriately.

I am hopeful that Broomhead could offer some x-factor and join Elliot and Faz a very potent small forward trio with game winning abilities.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:30 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Little players have no chance against big tough men! So we need to get big talls like Hawthorn and South Melbourne. I am sick of the crap some of our fans write about football! They have no idea. Most have never played the game or are members of the social club so should not be allowed to comment about what players we keep. So sod off
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:38 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Little players have no chance against big tough men! So we need to get big talls like Hawthorn and South Melbourne. I am sick of the crap some of our fans write about football! They have no idea. Most have never played the game or are members of the social club so should not be allowed to comment about what players we keep. So sod off

gee somebody has changed their tune!

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=71937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=jamie+elliott+captain&start=0

Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Oops. Too much data.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 pm

daisy took marks of and goal of the years in his first few seasons too...look where he is now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: