Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rorting Swans Piss me off bigtime.!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Rorting Swans Piss me off bigtime.!Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:

So you don't have an issue with Sydney having COLA even though it places other clubs at a disadvantage in being able to re-sign players or recruit new players because they're on a tighter budget so to speak in contrast to the Swans?

The fact that they were able to recruit Tippett and Franklin in 2012 and 2013 after they had won a flag was an insult and just reaffirmed the inequality of the competition even though the AFL is constantly preaching equalisation amongst all teams supposedly.

You nailed it, as you often do. The AFL are not the monsters that many paint them to be, but on this topic, we are looking at a major fixing scandal.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Poo and Piss oldies

Keep believing that nonsense my friend. Where do I start? Langford (will win the Brownlow within three years), Breust, Gunston, Smith, Durea, Shiels, etc. etc. A stack of kids under 22. Roughead, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne, etc. all at their peak for at least another 3-4 years. Only Sewell is too old to go on and he is just 30. It's a myth I tell you.

Hawthorn had six players above 30 today playing for them. This consists of:
1). Brian Lake (32 years old)
2). Shaun Burgoyne (31 years old)
3). Sam Mitchell (31 years old)
4). Josh Gibson (30 years old)
5). David Hale (30 years old)
6). Luke Hodge (30 years old)

Also Hawthorn only had three players in the side who are 22 or under today so don't get caught up with this idea that they have six or seven players under 22 who are bursting out of the blocks. The three players who were 22 and under today were:
1). Jack Gunston (22 years old) - Turns 23 in three weeks time
2). Will Langford (22 years old)
3). Bradley Hill (21 Years old)

The Hawks will be right up there next year without a doubt despite some of their best players getting on now, but let's not act like that their future is set in stone for the next three or four years. It can change really quickly in a short space of time as we all know.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Poo and Piss oldies

Keep believing that nonsense my friend. Where do I start? Langford (will win the Brownlow within three years), Breust, Gunston, Smith, Durea, Shiels, etc. etc. A stack of kids under 22. Roughead, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne, etc. all at their peak for at least another 3-4 years. Only Sewell is too old to go on and he is just 30. It's a myth I tell you.

Hawthorn had six players above 30 today playing for them. This consists of:
1). Brian Lake (32 years old)
2). Shaun Burgoyne (31 years old)
3). Sam Mitchell (31 years old)
4). Josh Gibson (30 years old)
5). David Hale (30 years old)
6). Luke Hodge (30 years old)

Also Hawthorn only had three players in the side who are 22 or under today so don't get caught up with this idea that they have six or seven players under 22 who are bursting out of the blocks. The three players who were 22 and under today were:
1). Jack Gunston (22 years old) - Turns 23 in three weeks time
2). Will Langford (22 years old)
3). Bradley Hill (21 Years old)

The Hawks will be right up there next year without a doubt despite some of their best players getting on now, but let's not act like that their future is set in stone for the next three or four years. It can change really quickly in a short space of time as we all know.

Spot on, same for the COLA post above it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:11 am

John Wren wrote:
Jezza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
SO, the salary cap cola rorting swannies have made the GF eh, what else is new, the team of ponces with the multi milliondollar forward line, put together thru a gutless League allowing them to rort the system, and use the cola allowance for billionaire buddy and then tippet.

how exactly have they rorted the system? are you aware of how the cola is applied?

i don't think they have. i am may be an island on this one.

So you don't have an issue with Sydney having COLA even though it places other clubs at a disadvantage in being able to re-sign players or recruit new players because they're on a tighter budget so to speak in contrast to the Swans?

The fact that they were able to recruit Tippett and Franklin in 2012 and 2013 after they had won a flag was an insult and just reaffirmed the inequality of the competition even though the AFL is constantly preaching equalisation amongst all teams supposedly.

does anyone here know how it is administered? the common assumption would be that they have pooled the additional cap money and apportioned it to those two players. every players' contract would have to be signed off by the afl and each contract would contain a cola.

i don't totally buy the guns being pointed at the swans. the swans would have a heck of a lot of players who are on low salaries given they have come through as rookies. we also do not know how many players have front or back loaded contracts.

Was explained on big footy. It's a percentage of each players individual wage. The AFL this year paid $89,000 on top of buddy's salary! And pays I think it was about $4,500 on top of a &50,000 player.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:51 am

think positive wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Jezza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
SO, the salary cap cola rorting swannies have made the GF eh, what else is new, the team of ponces with the multi milliondollar forward line, put together thru a gutless League allowing them to rort the system, and use the cola allowance for billionaire buddy and then tippet.

how exactly have they rorted the system? are you aware of how the cola is applied?

i don't think they have. i am may be an island on this one.

does anyone here know how it is administered? the common assumption would be that they have pooled the additional cap money and apportioned it to those two players. every players' contract would have to be signed off by the afl and each contract would contain a cola.

i don't totally buy the guns being pointed at the swans. the swans would have a heck of a lot of players who are on low salaries given they have come through as rookies. we also do not know how many players have front or back loaded contracts.

Was explained on big footy. It's a percentage of each players individual wage. The AFL this year paid $89,000 on top of buddy's salary! And pays I think it was about $4,500 on top of a &50,000 player.

sensibly, the afl have adjusted the application of the cola. someone like buddy quite obviously does not require it but a low end player will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: