Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Matt Priddis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:39 pm
Post subject: Matt PriddisReply with quote

Been following the WAFL pretty keenly this year and although this guy has been overlooked in 2 drafts he is an out an out star, has all the makings of a fantastic Midfielder...with a few Roookie's likely to be promoted PLEASE PLEASE atleaast have a good look at the guy.

Matt Priddis is his name....good football head, lovely silky skills! surely worth a look....

(Sorry NP hope you don't mind that I stole this)

Here is some more stuff about him.

Scouts Target Priddis

Victorious WA coach Chris Waterman had no hesitation in forecasting an AFL future for brilliant Subiaco midfielder Matt Priddis after his sensational display on Saturday's 58-point victory over Queensland at Carrara Stadium.

Priddis, last year's WAFL rookie of the year, was clearly best a field despite spending the opening 20 minutes on the bench.

After replacing Lions teammate David Robins in attack approaching time-on of the first quarter, the 20 year old wasted little time in asserting his authority and just got better as the game progressed.

He sealed a deserved individual honour with two last-quarter goals, giving him three for the match.

"I think with Pridda, the question mark has always been his pace, but he just keeps finding the ball," Waterman said.

"This will be good for him and I've spoken to a lot of scouts and they're all thinking the same. But I reckon some one will grab him this year.

"Without putting the mocker on him, I think someone will have to eventually grab him because you can have all the speed and strength in the world, but eventually you have to have that player who can get the footy and that's what he's good at.

"You just know with Pridda that if the ball is in his area, he will find it and help out the team because his disposal is so tidy."

Priddis has had a succession of disappointments on draft days, even though he only turned 20 in March.

The latest blow came over summer when he spent time with Adelaide in the hope of being rookie-listed, only to be told at the end of the trial period that the Crows would be exploring other options.

That setback may have let to many youngsters questioning their worth, but not Priddis, who with the support of Subiaco coach Peter German, has backed up last year's excellent form with a brilliant first half of 2005.

"Getting an opportunity (in the AFL) is a big drive, but I've also tried to block it out of my head a bit because of the disappointments, "Priddis said.

"I've missed out on three drafts, so I've tried to forget about it; I'm tiring to enjoy my footy with Subi and at the end of the year we will see what happens."

Priddis joins an illustrious group of WA greats who have won the Simpson Medal, with WA skipper Jaxon Crabb joking that he was calling his fellow midfielder "Simmo" in the final quarter.

"It's a huge honour and something that I really cherish," Priddis said. "Playing state footy is step-up, but it's something that's really enjoyable and having a win makes it even better.

Priddis also praised German for his input on his game.

"Germo's been unbelievable, so professional," he said. "His professionalism has helped me so in all aspects of my game and it's been huge for me, with my confidence and all-round game."

http://www.sfclions.com.au/ArchivedNews/WeeklyNews2005/club_weeklynews-13.06.05.htm

I say bring him over and have him train with us. If good enough then Rookie draft him. What have we to lose. At least we know his body has held up well.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, sounds good. Saw him in a Wafl game on telly, and he starred.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:14 am

Big thread on him in the GD forum.
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:42 am

Quote:

Yes I know J26. Just thought I would post in here in case someone missed it. Also the more exposure we give may have Collingwood sit up and notice.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:18 am

All clubs have over-looked him for several drafts, so there must be something they see (or don't see) that has prevented anyone from taking a chance on the kid.

Have read that he is as slow as treacle

I believe he has been working with a sprint coach but how much quicker can a slow sprinter get?
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:51 pm

Watched him in the second semi-final last night. Admittedly Subi got flogged. But Priddis was pretty damn good. He was the only reason why Subi were not beaten by more.

Someone will pick him up this next draft guaranteed. Whoever it is will have recruited a strong hard at it midfielder.

I only hope we do!!!

And he will win the Sandover medal hands down.

Jock McHale
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:01 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

Stop been so correct Johno its infuriating! Mad
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:48 pm

Lions use breeze to shake off Swans
By SCOTT COGHLAN
21aug05
http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,16334460%255E2762,00.html

Quote:
Subiaco can largely thank prolific midfield duo Marc Webb and Matt Priddis for the win.

While their teammates played well in patches, the long-haired pair gathered a swag of possessions, sharing 27 in the first term alone. Webb was tireless and finished with 40 touches.

Priddis, who shapes as a strong Sandover Medal chance, accumulated 35 touches for the game.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:26 pm

After watching him play on the weekend i can understand why he's been overlooked....

Disposal was questionable and he looked kind of stumpy and slow....

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:24 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Disposal was questionable and he looked kind of stumpy and slow....

Collingwood written all over him already!
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:31 pm

This just In.

Priddis dominates Awards

Subiaco’s exciting midfielder Matt Priddis has had an exciting week. On Wednesday he was announced the winner of the prestigious WA Newspapers/McInerney Ford WAFL Footballer of the Year.

In a very close contest Priddis won the award with 34 votes from Daniel Gilmour (South Fremantle) on 33 votes and Shane Beros (Swan Districts) on 32 votes. Priddis received a cheque for $5,000.

On Thursday Priddis drew with Daniel Gilmour for the Solace Football Budget Footballer of the Year Award where along with the trophy he received a trip for two to Bali valued at $2,000. Priddis also won the AHG Champion Player Award which is voted on by opposition league coaches

Priddis’ team mate, Lachlan Oakley won the Steel Blue Leading Goal kicker Award and the Subiaco Football Club won the Carlton Mid Rodriguez Shield as the Champion Team over the three grades for the sixth time.

Priddis said that whilst he was delighted with the honours he had received he was very much aware that football is a team game and that the club still has unfinished business as far as this years premiership was concerned.

Sandover Medal Speculation Begins

With a number of awards already being announced, including the West Australian Newspapers Footballer of the Year, many may be tipping Subiaco’s Matt Priddis who has already made a definite impression this year.

And for the qualifying final that Subi lost to Claremont.

Priddis was the major force behind the run of success and he became one of the league’s most popular players during the year.

He collected the Simpson Medal as WA’s best player in the interstate clash with Queensland in June while also collecting prizes in three other top WAFL awards.

And on Saturday he was again one of the shining lights on a gloomy day for the Lions by collecting 38 possessions through midfield.

Priddis kept them in the game. And he was seriously tagged. He is worth a chance. I say bring him over to train and if good enough nominate him in the rookie draft. What do we lose???

Jock McHale
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Nice one Burnsy17, you just described the career of Tony Shaw and Lou Richards.......Come on over Priddis....welcome to Collingwood Skip!

Cheers

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:00 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
Nice one Burnsy17, you just described the career of Tony Shaw and Lou Richards.......Come on over Priddis....welcome to Collingwood Skip!

Cheers

just calling it as i saw it.... he may well turn out to be good, but to me he looked a tad sloppy, high accumulator of possessions and a bit stumpy & slow....

Sounds like a particular number 11 i know......

bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:21 pm

Interesting to see gilmour in that list as well. Maybe we can nab him as part of a Woey trade. He is a dark horse just like Clement. Freo must be blind.

Jock McHale
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:52 pm

More on Priddis:
Quote:
Priddis and Sharp win 990 Information Radio Awards

990 AM990am – 6RPH Information Radio presented the Buzz Home Loans Player of the Year and Bic Rising Star awards during the preview of the Grand Final coverage on Sunday.

Matthew Priddis of Subiaco won the Buzz Home Loans Player of the Year with 23 votes by a vote from South Fremantle midfielder Toby McGrath.

Two votes further back tied for third were West Perth defender Simon Duckworth and Swan Districts rover Shane Beros.

Buzz Home Loans representative, Rose Howells, presented the trophies and cheques.

Bic State Business Manager, Val Fletcher, presented the Bic Rising Star award to West Perth midfielder Ben Sharp.

Sharp polled 32 votes while Kyle Hams from South Fremantle received the runner up trophy and cheque receiving 24 votes.

The 990 Information Radio commentary team and Around the Ground reporters throughout the season cast votes.

How many more awards are coming toi this superstar in the making?

Just the Sandover to go.

Sorry this just in.
Quote:

2005 SANDOVER MEDAL
LEADERS BOARD

Votes Name Club

39 CRABB, Jaxon Claremont
39 McGRATH, Toby South Fremantle

35 BEROS, Shane Swan Districts
35 DUCKWORTH, Regan West Perth
32 HAY, Adam South Fremantle
32 PRIDDIS, Matthew Subiaco
31 JONES, Anthony Claremont
30 DUCKWORTH, Simon West Perth
30 SHARP, Ben West Perth
29 GILMORE, Daniel South Fremantle
27 TIPUAMANTAMERRI, Shane South Fremantle
24 JONES, Clinton South Fremantle
24 ROBBINS, David Subiaco
24 WEBB, Marc Subiaco
23 NORTH, Hayden South Fremantle
22 LANGE, Adam Swan Districts
22 PICKETT, Allistair Subiaco

Priddis finished equal 4th in the count.

Jock McHale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: