Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sando could build a forward line

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'll say is this. I wish the Collingwood Board was as ruthless as the Crows' Board. And it looks like the Suns Board will be pretty ruthless tonight.

Let's be totally honest, Sando has a 56% winning ratio and still got the Kyber. If the person in question at Collingwood wasn't Nathan Buckley do you really think he'd still be in a job?

Footy clubs are following the lead of European soccer. Coaches are ALWAYS on notice. If you last a season in soccer you are doing well.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:20 pm

jackcass wrote:
Don't know if he'll be in any hurry to align himself with another AFL club given his payout although something like the Melbourne position may appeal as a way to get back into senior coaching.

I think we'd need to let the dust settle post season given we're clearly trying to reduce footy department spending. Would be more than handy but do we have a spot, and can we fit the cost into our AFL enforced faux footy department salary cap.

Look why don't we follow the lead of the top NBA clubs. So what if we have to pay the equalisation tax for spending more on our footy department. We can afford it can't we? Or is Eddie concerned that memberships levels will drop to unsustainable levels next year?

Az 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Can probably add Guy McKenna to the list now. Not confirmed but it's being reported he's also gotten the boot today.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Buckley has one more season to prove himself before he might find himself in the same shoes as Sanderson.

Time to live or die by his own actions and our result next year with the support of assistant coaches already in place.

Why spend big money on assistant coach when doubts still remain over the ability of our senior coach.

Reading some posts on the Adelaide forum of big footy it was remarkable how some of the complaints about Sanderson and how Adelaide play there football is almost identical to ours.

Sounds like Buckley and Sanderson coach from the same play book anyway so not sure he offers anything different and both seem to have issues with man management and harmony within there respective playing groups.

Pass.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:56 pm

collie dog wrote:
All I'll say is this. I wish the Collingwood Board was as ruthless as the Crows' Board. And it looks like the Suns Board will be pretty ruthless tonight.

Let's be totally honest, Sando has a 56% winning ratio and still got the Kyber. If the person in question at Collingwood wasn't Nathan Buckley do you really think he'd still be in a job?

Footy clubs are following the lead of European soccer. Coaches are ALWAYS on notice. If you last a season in soccer you are doing well.

Despite a season from hell, Bucks still batting at 60%
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 pm

His record at Adelaide was fine. Did brilliantly in his first year. In subsequent years he suffered a debacle with key forwards: first tippet, then Walker.
I think he would be an excellent forward coach at collingwood, in tune with the modern game. I hope we get him.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:08 pm

In reply to Coliedog: disposing of coaches as a reflex action to perceived mediocre results is an absurd perspective. I am not sure of the circumstances surrounding Sanderson's sacking, but to then claim that Buckley should go because his sanderson did is just ludicrous and profoundly negative
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
In reply to Coliedog: disposing of coaches as a reflex action to perceived mediocre results is an absurd perspective. I am not sure of the circumstances surrounding Sanderson's sacking, but to then claim that Buckley should go because his sanderson did is just ludicrous and profoundly negative

You pretty much just summed Collie Flog up in those 3 words.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Yes. Let's sack Sando.

(A few weeks pass).

Listen, we still need a replacement for Sando. Who's next on the list? Oh,oh. Roo - what do we know about David Moyes?
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:22 pm

^As a member run organisation, as opposed to being the plaything of an oligarch, I would prefer if Collingwood was less profligate with its money with respect to its coaching appointments.

Let's revisit Bucks in 12 months time. He's fair game in that time.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Reading some posts on the Adelaide forum of big footy it was remarkable how some of the complaints about Sanderson and how Adelaide play there football is almost identical to ours.

Sounds like Buckley and Sanderson coach from the same play book anyway so not sure he offers anything different and both seem to have issues with man management and harmony within there respective playing groups.

Pass.

It's a good comparison. Their results on the field have not been too far apart and it seems both have had some difficulty in bringing the players with them. This begs the question as to whether Bucks would be under more pressure right now if he were some other random coach.

Common sense says yes, but this is a good and a bad thing. Stability is absolutely essential in developing a successful culture. This is especially so when its time to move to a rebuild phase. Without that stability a club (or coach particularly) is going to be reluctant to make the kind of tough decisions that Buckley's made.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 pm

FWIW, Buckley on 774 radio indicated he would like to have Sanderson however the equalisation issue is one factor affecting the ability to get him, that he will be paid about $750,000 next year & possibly the year after to pay Sanderson out was mentioned (not as a factor per se but mentioned with respect to Adelaide's abrupt decision) & not mentioned was whether Sanderson actually wants to come but was implicit in my view in Buck's responses.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 pm

I would put a small wager on the new forward coach being Giansiracusa....
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
I would put a small wager on the new forward coach being Giansiracusa....

No. And we won't get Sanderson either. We have just appointed a no-name to the job of forward coach. Oh goody! Rolling Eyes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00 am

Do you mean you and me have?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: