Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sando could build a forward line

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 am
Post subject: Sando could build a forward lineReply with quote

Everybody at Collingwood Football Club knows about the friendship that exists between Bucks and Sando, and before he was offered the Senior position at the Crows there was a strong rumour that he was coming to the Pies to work with his close mate as an assistant.

We have seen the back of Lappin and Sanderson is now available, and whilst we have to reduce costs, if there is any chance of bringing Brendon to Collingwood then it should happen because he fits into our team. He and Bucks played together at Collingwood and are still great mates, and Bucks needs as many eyes he can trust to keep an eye on Bill and the rest of the fitness team. The forward line needs a much better coach than they have had and the new paradigm for all players is to run and run and run, and Brendon can help us in a big way.

We are closing in on our winning team and I'm sure Bill Davoren is on thin ice although we still need to develop a team regardless of Bill, and that's why Eddie has bought some other fitness pros to "help" Davoren. A moving forward line puts less pressure on their players than a static one, and with Lappin gone we can commence the new Magpie forward plan, and Sando is no mug when it comes to building scoring strategies and player rotation. Sando probably still wants to be a senior coach and I don't claim an offer from us will end his hopes although if we don't do everything in our power to gain his services we need our a$% kicked.

Go Pies!

Az 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously he would have to take a BIG pay cut, but I don't see that as a problem seeing as though he's being payed $1.2 Mil by Adelaide over the next couple of years on top of whatever wage we are going to give him. I'd say a large part of the decision would also go into whether Scotty Burns is being considered for the Melbourne or Adelaide job. I think Goodwin is the favorite for either, so it's a question for who's next in line. If they do decide to offer it to Burns, then you could almost guarantee Sando the midfield coaching role at the Pies.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:47 am

there is some rumor out there that Sando got himself fired ahead of taking either the Gold Coast or Melbourne job. Dont know if those rumours are true...

He is an elite coach. I very much doubt his next step is back to assistant coach..... Seems like he wasnt getting the support he was expecting from the Board in terms of his vision. It happens. Dont think it reflects on his coaching..... Adelaide probably have a home grown product waiting in the wings.....

melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 am

Yep. I'd like to get him.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

His sacking is what I would refer to as the Tail wagging the dog. With salary caps now on coaching staff a few people like Sanderson may be without a job at the top level and will have to drop down to State Level for a lot less $$$.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 am

Don't know if he'll be in any hurry to align himself with another AFL club given his payout although something like the Melbourne position may appeal as a way to get back into senior coaching.

I think we'd need to let the dust settle post season given we're clearly trying to reduce footy department spending. Would be more than handy but do we have a spot, and can we fit the cost into our AFL enforced faux footy department salary cap.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:43 am

takes more then just "great mates"to build a side. His record at the Crows is nothing amazing.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:54 am

Actually his record speaks for itself. He is the most successful Adelaide coach in history in terms of win loss ratio.
Az 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Goodwin officially the Melbourne coach in waiting, so you'd think Burns name would definitely be thrown in the hat for Adelaide now.
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm

forgot about the best mates, he was an assistant at Geelong when they were winning flags and the players rated him. so we need a good assistant coach and he fits the bill
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:58 pm

mattdally wrote:
Actually his record speaks for itself. He is the most successful Adelaide coach in history in terms of win loss ratio.

i stand corrected! Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:00 pm

SuperStar Beams wrote:
forgot about the best mates, he was an assistant at Geelong when they were winning flags and the players rated him. so we need a good assistant coach and he fits the bill

win win then, make it happen!

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:10 pm

I think we should get him.. The whole collingwood getting rid of lappin due to overall spend in coaching was just a cover. He just wasn't performing...
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Let us try to break it down into parts.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I suspect Sanderson will take a media job for one season before taking up a senior coaching role....maybe at Richmond after they finish 9th.....after one season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: