Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kruezer - Did anyone else hear Jay Clark on SEN?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One word... WHY?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
One word... WHY?

why what? why listen to jay clark or why would we want kreuzer?

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Both!
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Perhaps the pies are playing funny buggers with the scum with the implied threat of you bid on Moore and we'll look to take Kruezer next season when F/A kicks in for him.

He was a Collingwood supporter as a kid I believe.

Yes and yes

This would make sense...we know that Collingwood are not 100% happy with the idea of using pick.8 on Moore.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 pm

^^We do?

We know that they'd prefer to use a second round pick and would do whatever they can to make that happen.

Az 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Crazy stuff if there's any truth to the rumor. I agree we are in need of another ruckman now that Huddo is gone, we can't just rely on Cox who has never played the game. If one of Grundy or Wittsy goes down, we are only left with one genuine ruckman for the season. Imagine if both went down.

I think it depends on what our preferred game plan is going forward. Is Grundy and Witts in the same side going forward? We have White and presumably Clark who are good pinch hitters, but surely couldn't ruck full time if it came down to it. Who then rucks in the 2nds? Again, Cox will need to rotate for the first year as he will not be fit enough and will still be learning the game.

I am on board with recruiting another ruckman, but Kreuzer will cost too much to just sit in the 2nds. I hear Gorringe from the Suns wants out?
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Az wrote:
Crazy stuff if there's any truth to the rumor. I agree we are in need of another ruckman now that Huddo is gone, we can't just rely on Cox who has never played the game. If one of Grundy or Wittsy goes down, we are only left with one genuine ruckman for the season. Imagine if both went down.

I think it depends on what our preferred game plan is going forward. Is Grundy and Witts in the same side going forward? We have White and presumably Clark who are good pinch hitters, but surely couldn't ruck full time if it came down to it. Who then rucks in the 2nds? Again, Cox will need to rotate for the first year as he will not be fit enough and will still be learning the game.

I am on board with recruiting another ruckman, but Kreuzer will cost too much to just sit in the 2nds. I hear Gorringe from the Suns wants out?

I agree, i just can't see where we would fit Kreuzer without stifling the development of another player (be it: Witts, Grundy, possibly Moore,et.al). I Could not see him (Kruzer) wanting to come to Collingwod only to play backup in the VFL. Not to say that i am against the idea of having him at the club, i think he could be a supreme talent if he could get his body right

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^We do?

We know that they'd prefer to use a second round pick and would do whatever they can to make that happen.

possibly i over extended with my use of language Very Happy . My point is more (pardon the pun) that yes Collingwood would feel much more strongly that a second round would be better.

As an aside, this was an interesting article on the point (i am aware that it seems to lack some factual evidence):

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-darcy-moore-dilemma-for-collingwood-20140915-10h86f.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: