Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Effect on magpies from Essendon decision

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
David wrote:
All of it? Hasn't Thompson already been sanctioned by the AFL for his role in the affair?

I have no idea what the extent of his knowledge was or whether he was even entirely innocent, but one would think that even the slightest deliberate collusion would be enough to make him persona non grata at the AFL. That's the way things should be, at least.

I agree that's how it should be but Bomber Thompson has escaped pretty much unscathed. He knew about the program and even expressed reservations which, strangely, is both damning and mitigating.

It seems that Bomber has become the acceptable face of the scandal while Hird is the villain of the piece.

In my opinion Hird should never be allowed to take any role at any level of sport.

I reckon Thommo should go too, he's flying under the radar, he's smart. He allowed it too happen, did nothing to stop it. He's getting away with it because he's a proven coach, and his wife doesn't take notes.

E, I hope your mate crushes them. This saga has made the last 2 years of footy unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. The sooner they pay, the sooner we get on with footy, for footys sake. And the less likely they will get away with a penalty that does not fit the crime, and does not satisfy the publics need for retribution.

In case anyone is wondering, I have no doubt in my mind what so ever they are guilty, the whole lot of em, and they need to pay. It doesn't matter if the cheating worked or not, they set out to cheat.

And off season sanctions will not cut it.

DT 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Fwiw I think Essendon will win on the point that ASADA's investigation was not done under the ASADA Act. The question then becomes what will the court order as relief for Essendon. The consequences are the really interesting question. Given the importance of anti doping I struggle to see how the court could prohibit ASADA from reissuing notices or working around the original investigation.

Upshot is that infraction notices are likely to be issued at some point in time. I think that will leave Bombers in a pickle even if the sanctions handed out are light. I can see a lot more court action happening here for at least one more year.

Hird will go and then the coaching will be vacant and some players may look to leave. Ryder is smartly getting ahead of the curve.

Az 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:59 pm

No wonder they are trying to make up some magical role for Bomber to stay. They know Hird is not in the clear and is likely to be banned permanently, and need Bomber to be there to again take on the senior gig when the shit hits the fan.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Goodwins departure probably makes it easier to fashion a role for Bomber but either way I can't see him being happy playing second banana to golden boy. Still reckon regardless of the judgement Bombers cred is intact. That's the perception anyway. He is a great media performer and comes across as a top bloke. Not like that Smug prick Hird.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:10 pm

"Lollies, chocolates, peanuts and potato chips". This could be the most interesting thing to happen in the Federal Court since, well, actually, ever.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:13 pm

What does "this" refer to?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
"Lollies, chocolates, peanuts and potato chips". This could be the most interesting thing to happen in the Federal Court since, well, actually, ever.

You got any spare tickets!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: