Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fasolo the New Daisy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:32 pm
Post subject: Fasolo the New DaisyReply with quote

After Watching this Video:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-11-12/under-a-minute

At the end where Fasolo was mucking around on the Bike. Reminded me of Daisy and what you use to see on the Vid’s he was in.

He also has the X-Factor as Daisy. As long as he plays Forward and not Back.

Just hope he more Loyal then Daisy. I have not given up on Fas Yet

You Agree?

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

For loyalty we will have to wait. It is a easily bought commodity these days.

He does have a flair/arrogance about him. One of those things that can be harnessed for good or bad. I suppose that's where good clubs have coaching staff that can channel the energy in the right direction. Making it the difference between an X factor and an exit factor.

From second hand reports of (young) people I know who have seen Collingwood players at night clubs in Melb, Fasolo is very out there - loudly dominates the scene when he arrives. Not a person who likes to be ignored.

In contrast we've got people like Elliot who are more inward - just watch his dour and withdrawn behaviour when he kicks a goal (something I personally like in a player). Fasolo is a high-fiver. I confess that personally he's not exactly my cup of tea, but I understand it takes all kinds to win a flag. In fact it needs a variety of personalities to mix and merge into that premiership combination.

It is up to Bucks and crew to weld these disparate souls into a cohesive fighting unit.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:33 pm

People who know a lot more about footy than me, rate Faz very highly, so I'll wait and see, but really, if Fasolo turns out to be a star I'll be very very surprised Dave. He's slow, doesn't win his own ball and doesn't do the sacrificial acts a player is expected to do these days. People in my family think I'm too tough on him and maybe that's right, but I think he's a lazy lair.
Gee, I hope I'm spectacularly wrong.

surfer1 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Let's give him a year injury free, I like the Faz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
People who know a lot more about footy than me, rate Faz very highly, so I'll wait and see, but really, if Fasolo turns out to be a star I'll be very very surprised Dave. He's slow, doesn't win his own ball and doesn't do the sacrificial acts a player is expected to do these days. People in my family think I'm too tough on him and maybe that's right, but I think he's a lazy lair.
Gee, I hope I'm spectacularly wrong.

So you see him as a Showboat?

Well he has great use of the Ball that we lack

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:35 pm

I like Fas. He's never had an injury free season, so let's hope he gets to show us his stuff in 2015.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:23 pm

He hasn't come on as expected but he's no doubt talented, need to get him back in the forward line.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Great skills, showed when sent back that he was prepared to do the work even if it doesn't come natural, been injured which is why he hasn't come on.

I'm a fan.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:48 pm

I posted somewhere else that I think he is a vital cog of the team and if he improves then the rewards will be great.

I honestly thought he found his niche in the backline and played a couple influential games. I think when his team mates saw him having a red hot go it lifted them. He took the Maxwell slap a lot better than a lot of people thought and it left his doubters with their mouths open.
The discipline needed in the backline will complete the package and once he is "tempered" his natural skills will shine through and make him a weapon in the backline. ( and maybe move to the forward line in spurts)

However if left in the forward line permanently the gate will be left open for him to be a receiver and I think he could get frustrated and let himself down when he isn't involved. With his temperament it would be better for him to have his mind filled only with discipline and hard ball gets. It would suit his personality because he needs to be accepted somehow. It would also be part of his learning process, or what you could say, "putting him in his place" and learning the basics first to compliment his prodigious talent.

Somehow reminds me of "The Karate Kid" and how the little fella had to keep putting his jacket on and off. Something along those lines anyway.

I like Faz and even if he is loud, what can I say, he's Italian just like me and its just natural. Let him be who he is. He could be like a new recruit in defence.

Having said that he'll probably go to the forward line in 2015 and kick 50!! goals

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Did you see the movement? I am sure he could.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 pm

If Faz can have a great pre-season and stay injury free, he'll be very good for us. Very good user of the ball, and has a killer right boot. He only needs to curb a couple of "his" football instincts, and she'll be apples.........one of those instincts is trying to do too much himself, when a possible/better option was not selected.

Like the Faz, and hope he has a ripping 2015 and beyond at Collingwood.

Go the Pies!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Said in other threads, the time out with the injured foot, he seemed to realize just how lucky he is to have an AFL career. When he came back he busted his arse, took the smack from the captain and learnt from it. Always been a fan, but even more so when he came back, he just appreciated footy more,
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:52 am

Certainly appears to have the class clown personality, ADHD, country knockabout bloke, trash talker with seemingly low intelligence thing that daisy has/had. is also v good overhead with a bit of X factor, and with a better kick, but doesn't have the same heart or work rate as daisy, has poor endurance and isn't as quick or as good at contested footy, which is why he was a draft pick in the 40's and daisy was no.2.

He obv has the ability to be good, but for me he needs to show a lot this year to avoid being traded or delisted. I already don't like the reports of him bullying broomhead, and if he can't deliver big upside to the team or across the playing group, then he should be moved on. Don't like divisive personalities or attention seekers. And this is after having genuine high hopes for him. I honestly thought he looked like the closest (potential) thing we have seen to Darren Millane when he first arrived, but his defficiencies soon became apparent, so I think he has a lot of work to - output and attitude wise - if he's ever going to become a complete footballer.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 am

Certainly appears to have the class clown personality, ADHD, country knockabout bloke, trash talker with seemingly low intelligence thing that daisy has/had. is also v good overhead with a bit of X factor, and with a better kick, but doesn't have the same heart or work rate as daisy, has poor endurance and isn't as quick or as good at contested footy, which is why he was a draft pick in the 40's and daisy was no.2.

He obv has the ability to be good, but for me he needs to show a lot this year to avoid being traded or delisted. I already don't like the reports of him bullying broomhead, and if he can't deliver big upside to the team or across the playing group, then he should be moved on. Don't like divisive personalities or attention seekers. And this is after having genuine high hopes for him. I honestly thought he looked like the closest (potential) thing we have seen to Darren Millane when he first arrived, but his defficiencies soon became apparent, so I think he has a lot of work to - output and attitude wise - if he's ever going to become a complete footballer.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:17 am

Of all the nasty things you have ever said about our players Dave, comparing Fas to that Carlton scumbag is an all time low

Shame on you Dave!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: