Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Port scum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post jezza , sadly some ppl are missing the point, I n others couldnt give a rats arse about port rise or fall on or off feild ,
It is the fact they r too dumb to know their own past n keep taking a swipe at us along the way, most of the dumb arsed commentors then jump on board laying in the boots,
ITS TIME TO SAY ENOUGH
TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:41 pm

We don't need any more blockbusters. What's the point? any financial gain we would make out of it will be passed onto some two-bit, poorly managed club..
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Great post jezza , sadly some ppl are missing the point, I n others couldnt give a rats arse about port rise or fall on or off feild ,
It is the fact they r too dumb to know their own past n keep taking a swipe at us along the way, most of the dumb arsed commentors then jump on board laying in the boots,
ITS TIME TO SAY ENOUGH
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:24 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Sav wrote:
Port have a couple of good years and their bandwagon supporters start thinking they can rewrite history.

Exactly!

It was just a couple of years ago they would put that plastic cover shit on the seats, FGS!!!

This has driven me nuts all day

WHAT PLASTIC COVER SHIT!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 pm

think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Sav wrote:
Port have a couple of good years and their bandwagon supporters start thinking they can rewrite history.

Exactly!

It was just a couple of years ago they would put that plastic cover shit on the seats, FGS!!!

This has driven me nuts all day

WHAT PLASTIC COVER SHIT!

I'd reply but TP wouldn't read it so I wont reply. Very Happy
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:53 pm

A few yrs back the port crowd was so pathetic that they covered evry 3rd or so section of seating with plastic with sponsor names so the crowd would look bigger
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
Port Adelaide as a football side on the field in the past two years have been excellent considering their development and the experience of the list. They have some great players coming through the ranks like Wines, Wingard and Gray and I wouldn't be surprised to see them contending for a Premiership for the next few years.

However the arrogance of their supporters in the past two years since their rise under Ken Hinkley has been almost unbearable. Three years ago they were barely attracting 20,000 people at their home games in AAMI Stadium and now they have 50,000 at the Adelaide Oval every second week and yet they claim that they're the most passionate and loyal supporters going around. Some claim that as many as 15,000 to 20,000 Port Adelaide members didn't renew their memberships between 2008 to 2012 because of issues with the board but that's disgraceful to not stick with the club through thick and thin and which reeks of supporters that are fair-whether. At least we back our side no matter how dire the circumstances may be.

Port Adelaide is almost like a football club in an identity crisis. The claim to be known as the 'Port Adelaide Football Club' rather than 'Port Adelaide Power' and yet they believe they're entitled to wear black and white that our club proudly wears even though they gave up that right in doing so when they entered the AFL competition at the end of 1996 and signed various contracts which gave up their right to do so. It's bizarre that they don't like to be referred to as 'Port Adelaide Power' yet their club mascot is a theme of a 'Power' and their club song features the word 'Power' in its lyrics quite often.

What annoys me even more is that Port Adelaide fans claim that they've won 37 premierships, yet in reality 36 of those were under a different club called the 'Port Adelaide Magpies' who participated in the SANFL and yet they have the nerve to include those flags on their premiership tally. They say today's Port Adelaide in the AFL is the same club from the old SANFL days, but I don't understand how Port Adelaide Power and Port Adelaide Magpies can be the same club. One plays in the AFL and the other is now a reserves team in the SANFL. The logic of Port fans is mind-boggling to be honest.

I acknowledge that Port Adelaide is an older club than Collingwood as they were formed in 1870 as opposed to us in 1892 but they never became the Magpies until 1902 which was ten years after Collingwood was founded. Collingwood have always been the Magpies from the moment the club was born until the present day. We've always had the same identity that club supporters can relate to and understand so I'm proud of what our club stands for and who we are as a whole as opposed to Port who have conflicting identities and don't know who they are.

I've had an argument with Port Adelaide fans who say that we're only jealous of them because they have more premierships (36/37 in the SANFL), they supposedly have a better black and white jumper which is a load of nonsense and they've done the black and white guernsey more proudly than we have. No wonder Port fans shouldn't be taken seriously based on that logic.

If Port Adelaide fans want to look back on their history here it is:

1870-1876

1877-1882

1883-1901

1902-1913 (The first black and white guernsey)

Here's Collingwood's history:

1892-1896 (Our first ever jumper which demonstrates that we've always been the black and white from the moment of our foundation)

Mate, very nice post. Just a couple of correction points if I may.

1. Port Adelaide is called the Port Adelaide Football Club. They field a team in the AFL known as the Power and a team in the SANFL known as the Magpies. That is complicated and was stuffed up by the SANFL from day 1, hopefully it's becoming clearer.

2. Port Adelaide football club have signed a contract with Collingwood and the AFL to not wear the prison bars again. This latest instance wasn't of their doing it was an AFL clustercluck deciding that Richmond's clash jumper didn't work.

3. Some of their supporters are opinionated recalcitrant one eyed aresholes. Same as a fair few of ours. Wink

I like the prison bars and used to barrack for Port in the SANFL back in the VFL days, but fact is fact and history is history, Collingwood had the black and white stripes and the Magpie name first. Period.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 pm

BHPIE wrote:
A few yrs back the port crowd was so pathetic that they covered evry 3rd or so section of seating with plastic with sponsor names so the crowd would look bigger

Ah ta, gees that's a shocker!

uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Dear Power

Wear your power AFL jumper with pride and stop banging on about what happened in another league in another era. If you want the picket fence jumper go watch SANFL. Or wear it in a heritage round, along with your other pink, baby blue and and magenta creations in rotation as each game arrives.

What thanks do we get for helping out with you home final jumper fiasco? More sledging. Just an excuse to rant about your past.

You have been big fish in a little pond for a long time.
You have always had the biggest mouths at sledging since you entered the AFL. It took your choking efforts in the early 2000s to give you a dose of perspective.
We didn't hear much from you for a few years after a record grand final loss in 2007 now, did we?
Now you are up to your old tricks. At least keep your mouth shut until you have actually achieved something this time.

Rather than denigrating your own AFL jumper, how about putting the heat on the AFL to ensure all teams, including Richmond, have a genuine clash jumper so this issue doesn't rear its ugly head ever again.

And thanks but no thanks to your showdown idea. You're just another team we have to play.

Yours sincerely
Magpie

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 am

uncanny wrote:
Rather than denigrating your own AFL jumper, how about putting the heat on the AFL to ensure all teams, including Richmond, have a genuine clash jumper so this issue doesn't rear its ugly head ever again.

...or, they could just both wear their regular guernseys and avoid a clash anyway, because since when were Richmond's and Port Adelaide's jumpers hard to tell apart?

As for the jumper issue, I don't think it'd matter if they were called the Magpies and wore a black and white jumper 400 years ago. They wanted to join this competition, and this competition already had a team with that name and design, so they needed to change it. There's nothing more to it, really.

I don't mind them wheeling the old guernsey out now and then, but they probably do need to get over this at some point.

daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:00 am

3 cheers to the umpires proving the need for clash jumpers is redundant by coping with two sets of blue and white jumpers in the NM/Cats final.

It makes it difficult to view the other demands by the AFL admin as anything other than a popularist slight against Collingwood and our consistant stance of expecting to play in black and white stripes.

Generous move by Ed, not to make a fuss over the Prison Bar's being used for the Elim, but NM/Geel match proved to me it was never going to be an issue for the umps.

Getting so used to the amateur swipes at CFC. We've gotta come back big in 2015. Getting pushed around is not our style.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:56 am

I have no problem with them wearing the stripes on black, with silver top and teal back. I think that would look pretty good.

Port be proud of your Colours. And why do they wear 1870 on the back of their guernseys? Should be 1997...be proud of your history Smile

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:14 pm

I hope they win the flag this year. At their best Port plays the most attractive brand of footy because they have some of the best young stars and a great coach.

Don't get too cocky. It might be years before we beat Port again. Embarassed

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 pm

A couple of local clubs down my way in Sale and Yinnar wear the black and white stripes but would that entitle them to feel they could wear it playing us?

Um no.

You see the only point relevant in all this whole debate is that the Collingwood football club were the only club to wear the black and white stripes and be known as the magpies in the VFL competition which expanded to become known as the AFL.

All other leagues around the country were secondary competitions to the one we have been involved with for well over 100 years.

Case closed.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Port Adelaide as a football side on the field in the past two years have been excellent considering their development and the experience of the list. They have some great players coming through the ranks like Wines, Wingard and Gray and I wouldn't be surprised to see them contending for a Premiership for the next few years.

However the arrogance of their supporters in the past two years since their rise under Ken Hinkley has been almost unbearable. Three years ago they were barely attracting 20,000 people at their home games in AAMI Stadium and now they have 50,000 at the Adelaide Oval every second week and yet they claim that they're the most passionate and loyal supporters going around. Some claim that as many as 15,000 to 20,000 Port Adelaide members didn't renew their memberships between 2008 to 2012 because of issues with the board but that's disgraceful to not stick with the club through thick and thin and which reeks of supporters that are fair-whether. At least we back our side no matter how dire the circumstances may be.

Port Adelaide is almost like a football club in an identity crisis. The claim to be known as the 'Port Adelaide Football Club' rather than 'Port Adelaide Power' and yet they believe they're entitled to wear black and white that our club proudly wears even though they gave up that right in doing so when they entered the AFL competition at the end of 1996 and signed various contracts which gave up their right to do so. It's bizarre that they don't like to be referred to as 'Port Adelaide Power' yet their club mascot is a theme of a 'Power' and their club song features the word 'Power' in its lyrics quite often.

What annoys me even more is that Port Adelaide fans claim that they've won 37 premierships, yet in reality 36 of those were under a different club called the 'Port Adelaide Magpies' who participated in the SANFL and yet they have the nerve to include those flags on their premiership tally. They say today's Port Adelaide in the AFL is the same club from the old SANFL days, but I don't understand how Port Adelaide Power and Port Adelaide Magpies can be the same club. One plays in the AFL and the other is now a reserves team in the SANFL. The logic of Port fans is mind-boggling to be honest.

I acknowledge that Port Adelaide is an older club than Collingwood as they were formed in 1870 as opposed to us in 1892 but they never became the Magpies until 1902 which was ten years after Collingwood was founded. Collingwood have always been the Magpies from the moment the club was born until the present day. We've always had the same identity that club supporters can relate to and understand so I'm proud of what our club stands for and who we are as a whole as opposed to Port who have conflicting identities and don't know who they are.

I've had an argument with Port Adelaide fans who say that we're only jealous of them because they have more premierships (36/37 in the SANFL), they supposedly have a better black and white jumper which is a load of nonsense and they've done the black and white guernsey more proudly than we have. No wonder Port fans shouldn't be taken seriously based on that logic.

If Port Adelaide fans want to look back on their history here it is:

1870-1876

1877-1882

1883-1901

1902-1913 (The first black and white guernsey)

Here's Collingwood's history:

1892-1896 (Our first ever jumper which demonstrates that we've always been the black and white from the moment of our foundation)

Mate, very nice post. Just a couple of correction points if I may.

1. Port Adelaide is called the Port Adelaide Football Club. They field a team in the AFL known as the Power and a team in the SANFL known as the Magpies. That is complicated and was stuffed up by the SANFL from day 1, hopefully it's becoming clearer.

2. Port Adelaide football club have signed a contract with Collingwood and the AFL to not wear the prison bars again. This latest instance wasn't of their doing it was an AFL clustercluck deciding that Richmond's clash jumper didn't work.

3. Some of their supporters are opinionated recalcitrant one eyed aresholes. Same as a fair few of ours. Wink

I like the prison bars and used to barrack for Port in the SANFL back in the VFL days, but fact is fact and history is history, Collingwood had the black and white stripes and the Magpie name first. Period.

pink and blue would look good on telly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: