Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Kelly

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:37 pm
Post subject: Jake KellyReply with quote

First of all I'd like to acknowledge that I'm posting this with my heart and not my head.

I wonder what it might take to orchestrate a trade with Adelaide to get Jake Kelly back to the Pies.

I feel sorry that we weren't able to draft him last year and that Langdon and Marsh will probably serve us better in the long run.

Without playing a senior game for the Crows it sounds like he had a pretty good year in the SANFL. He's got good endurance and at 189cm and 84kg he could be valuable in our midfield and backline.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, he's only a fraction shorter than his Dad but he's not a KPP. At that size he's in direct competition with Toovey among others for a HBF spot and we need more grunt HBF like we need a second aperture between our collective buttocks
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 am

Was mentioned at the Fan Forum. Bucks seemed to be an unashamed fan of the kid but the tone of his voice sounded like there was zero interest. I'm guessing he just doesn't fit the team balance???

I saw something the other week that showed we had 16 players 189cm or shorter and given all the talk about us recruiting midgets (even though 6" is not a midget) I just think he'd be another one on the list.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:35 pm

189cm a midget? Shocked. Too short to play key position but hardly a midget. You'd be looking more at your sub 180cm players there.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Yep, just for the record, 189cm is 6 foot 2 1/2 in the old language. KPP height in the 80's, ruckman height in the 80's and 70's.

Definitely not a midget, but at that height you need some tricks.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
189cm a midget? Shocked. Too short to play key position but hardly a midget. You'd be looking more at your sub 180cm players there.

Um... hmmm.. not sure what I was thinking when I posted that. Our average height across our list is 188.2cm so I guess you could still say he's just another one. He would need to have something special given he wouldn't be key position.

PS - I'm 188cm so I must have been in la-la land when I wrote that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: