Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tim Lane Doofus article

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
All Buckleys man management failures like re-signing every important member of the team and only losing those that the club isn't interested in keeping?
Losing the ones Bucks isn't interested in keeping not the club.
Who is the club? Do you include the 42 premiership players we have had in the last 56 years? Ask them about Buckley's man management skills.

His failures like bringing in young quality like Taylor Adams who was so impressed by Buck's coaching at the academy he actively chose to come here?
Wow - you got me here. A 16yo about to be arrested for assault was impressed by Bucks. The evidence is truly overwhelming. Release the jury the case is dismissed .... OMG Rolling Eyes

Man management failures like Goldsac... ummm, like Broomh... ummmm like well, um, like WHO?
Goldy and Broomy - thank god Bucks managed to keep them.
Shame about Heater and Daisy and Wellers, Harry, Davis and I'll include Jolly. I'll leave out Dids and Jonno because i think deep down they knew they were done.

The point keeps being made and all the Buckley haters keep ignoring it.

We arent ignoring squat.
It's YOU. Buy a freakin mirror.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:56 pm

See your "profile pic" says carringbushcigar. Like that determines and shapes one's opinions and is critical to the discussion!!! For the first time Tim Lane isn't waffling on about the indecencies of the AFL neglecting Tasmania, he decides to write a simplistic and narrowly addressed article on Collingwood's inadequacies of managing Harry/Heritier etc...

Gee 10 seasons is a fair sample of the clubs's ability to acquiesce. What many may not know is that Nathan Buckley used to take/make a call to H every night before a game from 2005 until "probably now". This even included the period when Nathan was in the media for 2 years.

But Tim the "pseudo journalist" whom had a crisis of morality about calling games with Eddie in 2002 when he "sold out" on his ABC career but has been comfortable calling matches with "club conflicted" footy people like Cameron Ling (works at Nth Melb), Leigh Matthews (current Lions Board member), Richo (works in Tigers marketing dept) plus Mal Blight whom was a Gold Coast board figure whilst he was at channel 10 with Tim.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Jolly - Finished

Davis - very, very close to finished, wanted too much money

Daisy - Chased the dollars, keeping him would've cost us too much. Also perennially injured.

Wellingham - Second stringer, what has he done at Eagles?

Harry - Not gone yet, Buckley dealt successfully with one tanty already.

Heath Shaw - The only one that maybe didn't gel with Buckley. Mick moved on his fair share when he came in too. Sometimes coaches and players don't get on. One player does not make a problem.

So your 'evidence' is at best very thin. I'd go so far as to say non existent. But keep pushing that Buckley hating cart, me, I'll be enjoying the footy.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:11 pm

I thought the article was spot on. Unfortunately, some people see Tim Lane the Carlton supporter and can't see Tim Lane the outstanding sports' journalist. Sure, Collingwood isn't his favourite team, but I still remember his outstanding sportsmanship during his call of the 1990 Grand Final. He may be a Carlton supporter, but he is a terrific journalist and commentator. Too bad Fox can't replace that terrible flog Dwayne Russell with Tim; that would be worth celebrating.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Im not looking to score points against anyone.
But Buckley's man management failures keep slapping me and all of us in the face.

Get some perspective about Tim Lane?
I couldn't give a toss who wrote it.

See your profile pic??
Ask them what they think about Bucks time in the job?

Do u want to have a bet on the result?
That may give you some perspective

'I don't think there is a better place to play football and get the best out of yourself than at Collingwood'

Tyson Goldsack, Collingwood 2010 Premiership Player
September 2014.

So there's one who thinks Bucks is going OK.

I think it's not a bad article actually. All except the last para which implies that the club is taking the easy way out of the dilemma by shipping him off. It brushes over the numerous efforts that have previously been made to get the situation right. You try and try again but there comes a stage when you cut your losses.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Wokko wrote:
All Buckleys man management failures like re-signing every important member of the team and only losing those that the club isn't interested in keeping? His failures like bringing in young quality like Taylor Adams who was so impressed by Buck's coaching at the academy he actively chose to come here? Man management failures like Goldsac... ummm, like Broomh... ummmm like well, um, like WHO?

The point keeps being made and all the Buckley haters keep ignoring it.

Far too much logic!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:36 pm

David wrote:
It's actually a really good article:

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-struggles-with-independence-of-magpie-royalty-heritier-lumumba-20140913-10gh5h.html

Not sure what the list of Carlton players has to do with anything. I think you've missed his point completely.

It was a quite good article. Clear & written dispassionately. Carlton's issues are irrelevant here. I can't see what the fuss is all about.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 pm

It's usually threads like this when or the do gooders anti Buckley, down on their own lives, want to challenge the normal and probably university pipe smoking wankers troll, So having said all that, Tim Lane is a tradition flog who has a well known agenda against McGuire, Nuff said.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
It's usually threads like this when or the do gooders anti Buckley, down on their own lives, want to challenge the normal and probably university pipe smoking wankers troll, So having said all that, Tim Lane is a tradition flog who has a well known agenda against McGuire, Nuff said.

Sounds fair! Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
It's actually a really good article:

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-struggles-with-independence-of-magpie-royalty-heritier-lumumba-20140913-10gh5h.html

Not sure what the list of Carlton players has to do with anything. I think you've missed his point completely.

It was a quite good article. Clear & written dispassionately. Carlton's issues are irrelevant here. I can't see what the fuss is all about.

Yep, I agree.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:11 am

Darkstranger wrote:

Is this in code? Because I have no idea what it means. Shocked

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:23 am

Tim Lane hates Collingwood, you're all being suckered into a sly, subtle hate piece.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 am

good point Wokko. That was the point of my article. cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:35 am

Darkstranger wrote:

Excluding what is bolded, can I just say what a disgusting post.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:58 am

1061 wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

Excluding what is bolded, can I just say what a disgusting post.

What's disgusting about it (apart from the grammar)?

It's no more offensive or insulting than Rocket Ronnies post to Think Positive in the Heritier Lumumba thread which you thought was a great post.

Little wonder you support Harry's stand when you're clearly not short on hypocrisy yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: