Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Deals That Suits All Clubs Involved

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dream Still Alive 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:09 pm
Post subject: Trade Deals That Suits All Clubs InvolvedReply with quote

My thoughts on what I would like to see happen for Collingwood in this upcoming trade period.

I have really taken into account the other clubs involved what they require and what they would see a really good compensation.

I have also looked at how many spots we need to fill on our list.

H Lumumba to Melbourne for M Clark
N Brown to Melbourne for J Watts
Use 2nd Round Draft Pick to Select D Moore
1st Round Draft Pick to GWS for J O'Rourke
3rd round draft pick to Carlton for J Garlett
J Frost upgraded to senior list
Select extra ruckman in draft maybe mature aged.

So that means.

Maxwell
Lumumba
Clarke
Ball
Brown
Lynch
Hudson

Getting Clark allows Reid back to CHB

Watts to be used on HBF as third tall defender and give us good rebound with his pace and foot skills. More suited to this role than a key forward just needs to add about 5kg and a bit of belief. Plus Melbourne need a big bodied defender in Brown since Frawley looks like going.

Top ten pick for O'Rourke

I think we can get away with using our second pick on Moore for these reasons. The top 4 selections look set with mccartin, petracca, wright and brayshaw. After that i dont think the remaining teams will bid for moore as they will be looking to trade in a playing from another club by using their high picks. Brisbane have stated they are willing to trade. Bulldogs want a key forward, maybe offer their pick for S Reid, carlton have saud they are looking at Jaksch and maybe Tom Mitchell.

Would like Garlett but think Carlton might want a second round pick as he is still in contract.

I would be really happy with this side round 1.

Toovey. Keeffe. Williams
Watts. Reid. Seedsman
Swan Pendlebury. Sidebottom
Garlett. Cloke. White
Fasolo. Clark. Elliott
Grundy. Beams. Adams
Young. Goldsack. O'Rourke. Thomas
Emerg Blair. Dwyer. Witts

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Use 2nd Round Draft Pick to Select D Moore

You can forget that. To get Moore it will cost us our 1st Round Pick

Moore is ahead of Durdin,Goddard and I could even make a Case you pick him over Brayshaw

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 pm

I don't think we can afford to lose Browny, assuming he is going to have better luck with injury.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 am
Post subject: Re: Trade Deals That Suits All Clubs InvolvedReply with quote

Dream Still Alive wrote:
My thoughts on what I would like to see happen for Collingwood in this upcoming trade period.

I have really taken into account the other clubs involved what they require and what they would see a really good compensation.

I have also looked at how many spots we need to fill on our list.

H Lumumba to Melbourne for M Clark ---- Maybe
N Brown to Melbourne for J Watts ---- Not sure Melbourne would want someone with such a shocking history of injuries....big win for Collingwood.

Use 2nd Round Draft Pick to Select D Moore --- As others have said....not going to happen.

1st Round Draft Pick to GWS for J O'Rourke----- Not going to happen for the above reason. have to find another way to get him to the club....and i would hope it would involve H Lumumba.

3rd round draft pick to Carlton for J Garlett ----- I don't disagree with going after Garlett.

J Frost upgraded to senior list --- will happen.

Select extra ruckman in draft maybe mature aged. ---- with the exception of major injury to either Witts or Grundy this will be differcult. More likely we need a mature Ruckman to the Rookie list.

So that means.

Maxwell
Lumumba
Clarke
Ball
Brown
Lynch
Hudson

Getting Clark allows Reid back to CHB

Watts to be used on HBF as third tall defender and give us good rebound with his pace and foot skills. More suited to this role than a key forward just needs to add about 5kg and a bit of belief. Plus Melbourne need a big bodied defender in Brown since Frawley looks like going.

Top ten pick for O'Rourke

I think we can get away with using our second pick on Moore for these reasons. The top 4 selections look set with mccartin, petracca, wright and brayshaw. After that i dont think the remaining teams will bid for moore as they will be looking to trade in a playing from another club by using their high picks. Brisbane have stated they are willing to trade. Bulldogs want a key forward, maybe offer their pick for S Reid, carlton have saud they are looking at Jaksch and maybe Tom Mitchell.

Would like Garlett but think Carlton might want a second round pick as he is still in contract.

I would be really happy with this side round 1.

Toovey. Keeffe. Williams
Watts. Reid. Seedsman
Swan Pendlebury. Sidebottom
Garlett. Cloke. White
Fasolo. Clark. Elliott
Grundy. Beams. Adams
Young. Goldsack. O'Rourke. Thomas
Emerg Blair. Dwyer. Witts

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:23 am

Something to consider: clubs don't trade players that are happy unless they really have to. Brown won't be traded. He's a popular and highly respected player. He's also our best man on man defender and an important part of our team when fit.

And I agree with Dave, the chances that we get Moore with a second round pick are almost zero.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:29 am

Brown for Watts...unlike some I rate Watts but not enough to give up an integral big man.

Lumumba for Clark...besides popular belief Clark with all his problems is worth a 3rd round pick at most. If that means we miss him then so be it.

Our Pick 1 for O'Rourke??? would be very hesitant to even use pick 2 on this kid. He has played 9 games in 2 seasons, with injuries aside he cannot break into a mediocre side. I would not weep if we missed him.

Lumumba pick 3 & 4 for Watts, Clark and pick 4.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Az 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 am

Am I missing something? What is everybody's love interest in Jack Watts lately? Nathan Brown for Jack Watts is a horrible deal at best. One of our most reliable defenders when fit for an inconsistent player who doesn't seem to have a position that went no. 1 in the draft. Brown will be staying, but if he were to ever go to Melbourne it would be for a better player than Watts or one of their first rounders as that's what we spent on him! Ridiculous
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:40 am

I overheard somebody on the weekend (so this is pure rumor and has no substance and I don't have any links or proof).

Was a trade involving Melbourne, Collingwood and Carlton.

H to Melb for Calrk.
Watts to Carlton (Mick loves him)
Kreuzer to Collingwood
something from Collingwood to either of those.

As I said it wasn't trade wind, it wasn't 'in the bag' or 'done and dusted' it was just over hearing people.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Dream Still Alive wrote:

If we are so lucky that we don't have to use our 1st round pick on Moore, I really hope we don't spend a top 10 draft pick on a player that can't get a regular game at GWS.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:29 pm

roar wrote:
Dream Still Alive wrote:

If we are so lucky that we don't have to use our 1st round pick on Moore, I really hope we don't spend a top 10 draft pick on a player that can't get a regular game at GWS.

Agree. O'Rourke was a high pick and was obviously highly rated but all you can go on is exposed form, think they'd need to sweeten that deal.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Can we please trade Young to someone....anyone?
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Fas to west coast for a 2nd/3rd rounder and brown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: