Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Season 2015 Prediction

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
Bloody hell! You are all sounding faintly ridiculous! "If we have a better run with injuries..."

Really???

A season marred by injury is bad luck, two in a row is extreme bad luck and quite rare, but three? As far as I know it's never happened, not in a hundred and twenty odd years! And Buckley seems to be as blind as the rest of you, coz he sure ain't taking a skerrick of responsibility for it, no, it's the players! they're not 'resilient' enough!

I'll keep saying it until it makes it's way past the mullets and Parietal bones and into the grey mooshy stuff you use for brains:
If you change nothing, nothing changes

So do you have something to say about nothing... or nothing to say about something? Smile

I am not sure that 3 bad years of injuries is a world first...? and certainly for the first year Bux could not be blamed - even the second year injury issues were from a lot of older guys who Bux moved on. This year (Buckley's 3rd) could be said to be his issues.

So it (pies injury woes) was a bit of legacy a bit of an ageing list and now a bit of over-training. Not exceptional and could easily occur again. Frustrating yes and hopefully it will change next year - but Bux could not be seriously blamed for the injury toll for all 3 years!

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:05 pm

It is possible we can do a Port.

Get the pre-season right with some luck added. Fitness training improves.

Freeman comes on, Broomhead, Grundy, Kennedy got to the next level.

Goldsack stays and steps up in his prime. Swanny has a great season down forward.

Clarke comes in and plays a full season, Cloke blossoms. White improves but is only used as depth, as Grundy also develops into a better forward option. Reid goes down back with Browny.

Witts goes to the next level and starts dominating like big Sandy. Too tall and taking contested marks forward and back. Continues the positive signs from the last rounds.

Moore surprises and plays 14 games and all of a sudden the Pies have an embarrassment of riches in key positions. Buckley also picks up Ceglar from the Hawks and he blossoms into the best ruckman / forward in the league.

Elliots becomes the premier small forward in the league. Jeffy Garlett also realises his potential at the Pies and BT has regular orgasms live on screen when Jeffy kicks miraculous goals. Mick Malthouse, however, develops clinical depression and is replaced by Mark Neeld at Carlton. They finish 18th.

Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Beams all have stellar seasons, as does new recruit Tom Rockliffe.

The Baby Pies become the first team to win the flag from 7th.

Robbie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:12 pm
Post subject: Already Proven WrongReply with quote

I may not agree with you very often although that doesn't mean I believe you don't think before you post Hiss. You couldn't have known that your statement regarding the top four teams being the only teams capable of making it to the Prelims would be proven wrong with both North and Port taking out the teams that finished 3rd and 4th.

I believe you have made an error in your prediction of 10th as well, and my main reason for believing we will improve is the fitness regime will no longer be left to Bill Davoren because Bill will have some others around him with an open line to Eddie. Bill may have saved his skin with a spreadsheet but you haven't convinced Eddie and you will be managed this year, and don't put a foot wrong.

It's not all positive because some of the injuries this year will impact 2015 and we're short of players however, with some improvement in player fitness and and the associated team stability, the Pies will improve in 2015. Losing Lumumba is like having another player on the field rather than a spectator as he was for most of this year.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Big T wrote:
...Buckley also picks up Ceglar from the Hawks and he blossoms into the best ruckman / forward in the league...

This is the point where I realised your post should be classified under fantasy Wink.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Big T wrote:
...Buckley also picks up Ceglar from the Hawks and he blossoms into the best ruckman / forward in the league...

This is the point where I realised your post should be classified under fantasy Wink.

Bucks and Hine somehow recruit Cameron, Gray, and Bruest, and are awarded a Nobel Peace Prize. Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:53 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

We have a lazy comfortable culture at our Club! The Board is cosy seeing no real threat to its power base ! Alas our complacent on field effort is moreover a reflection of the off field lack of competition for Board positions for 16 years. It is so obvious now that we are witnessing the destruction of a once mighty competitive power house Club before our very eyes . If you don't think it can happen, please read the history of once great Clubs like Melbourne, Richmond , Footscray, Saint Kilda. They are now what we will end up like if this arrogance continues. These clubs are the bottom feeders every season! Sleepers Wake. Magpie fans must rise and revolt .
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Wokko wrote:
Then how were we 8-3 this year?

We went all out at the start of the year and played few better sides at an opportune time. Our slide coincided with getting most of our injured players back, the disastrous injury toll in the last few rounds gave the positive sacks license to use it as an excuse for yet another poor season under Bucks.

Barring the unforeseen drastic changes in coaching and playing personnel we'll be a middle of the road mediocre side for the next couple of years.

8-13 prediction for the next season.

ps. anyone who thinks we're a chance of making top 4 next season should hand in driving license and refrain from operating any kind of machinery for the the rest of their lives.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
I'm predicting more of the same - or lower. Coach Spudley's clayton's game plan and lack of coaching intelligence won't do our increasingly confused list any favours. I'm predicting we will continue to bleed talent also with more valuable talent seeking greener and more flexible pastures by the end of 2015.

I also predict that by the end of 2015 Coach Spudley will be eyeing off yon Cassius' lean and hungry look with increasing nervousness before his inevitable trip to the forum. Beware the Ides of November! Laughing

Who's the Brutus to be?

I'm predicting Eddie as Brutus will guide him to the forum to stand under the statue of Mick Malthouse. Later Eddie will appear as Mark Anthony to give the funeral oration. Laughing

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
We have a lazy comfortable culture at our Club! The Board is cosy seeing no real threat to its power base ! Alas our complacent on field effort is moreover a reflection of the off field lack of competition for Board positions for 16 years. It is so obvious now that we are witnessing the destruction of a once mighty competitive power house Club before our very eyes . If you don't think it can happen, please read the history of once great Clubs like Melbourne, Richmond , Footscray, Saint Kilda. They are now what we will end up like if this arrogance continues. These clubs are the bottom feeders every season! Sleepers Wake. Magpie fans must rise and revolt .

As such a revolting figure I insist you lead the revolt Hiss... Laughing

Some classic ranting and a few rib-ticklers in there - love the reference to Footscray as a once great club - funny stuff old boy!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

Scribe wrote:
All of the reasons and excuses given for our poor second half to 2014 are only exasperated coming into 2015.

We will go in with less experience.

We will go in with an incredibly-shallow leadership group.

The following players carry significant injury histories and are no guarantee to play any football, let alone play consistently:

Clinton Young (hamstrings)
Ben Reid (every muscle in his body apparently)
Nathan Brown (numerous shoulder operations)
Nathan Freeman (hamstrings)
Ben Sinclair (hamstrings)
Alex Fasolo (feet)
Brent McCaffer (ACL)
Matthew Scharenberg (ACL)

Should we get Mitch Clark, you can add his feet and mental issues to the list.

For a number of reasons, Collingwood has failed in its attempt to have a 'mini-rebuild' while contending in finals (like your Geelongs and Hawthorns have successfully done) and now must commit to going through the slow, painful process of a proper long-term plan.

Bucks has said we will emerge in a premiership race with the Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast. Take a look at the respective young talent and high draft picks in our list compared to those clubs and you'll get an idea of the future ahead of us.

Expectations need to go down in 2015 chaps. I have us finishing 14th. If we make the finals, I'll happily jump in the Yarra.

The club will do a good job of controlling the narrative of another disappointing season and Buckley will comfortably keep his job.

You might like to go back and review end of season ladder positions since 2004 (Pies last significant lapse after 02-03 GFs) and just see how successfully Hawthorn and Geelong have gone in terms of their rebuilds on the run. Since 2003 the Pies have missed the 8 three times (04, 05, 14), Hawks 4 times (04, 05, 06, 09), and Cats once (2006). All teams experience some level of drop off after a sustained crack at GFs.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:46 am

jackcass wrote:
Scribe wrote:
All of the reasons and excuses given for our poor second half to 2014 are only exasperated coming into 2015.

The following players carry significant injury histories and are no guarantee to play any football, let alone play consistently:

Alex Fasolo (feet)
Brent McCaffer (ACL)

For a number of reasons, Collingwood has failed in its attempt to have a 'mini-rebuild' while contending in finals (like your Geelongs and Hawthorns have successfully done) and now must commit to going through the slow, painful process of a proper long-term plan.

Bucks has said we will emerge in a premiership race with the Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast. Take a look at the respective young talent and high draft picks in our list compared to those clubs and you'll get an idea of the future ahead of us.

Expectations need to go down in 2015 chaps. I have us finishing 14th. If we make the finals, I'll happily jump in the Yarra.

The club will do a good job of controlling the narrative of another disappointing season and Buckley will comfortably keep his job.

You might like to go back and review end of season ladder positions since 2004 (Pies last significant lapse after 02-03 GFs) and just see how successfully Hawthorn and Geelong have gone in terms of their rebuilds on the run. Since 2005 the Pies have missed the 8 three times (04, 05, 14), Hawks 4 times (04, 05, 06, 09), and Cats once (2006). All teams experience some level of drop off after a sustained crack at GFs.

Geelong are in more trouble than we. They rely on their stars more than any other team and those stars really looked like they were on the back end of the bell curve. still good players but I think they are in decline and I don't think they have enough quality coming through.

Don't be surprised to see the pies topple the cats next year in the bottom of the 8.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Didn't we come out of a season decimated by injury yet we still managed to beat 3 of the last 4 teams remaining?

I'd say with a bit of luck and some improvement from our second and third tier youngsters we are not far off contending again.

Cheers
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:15 pm

mattdally wrote:
Didn't we come out of a season decimated by injury yet we still managed to beat 3 of the last 4 teams remaining?

I'd say with a bit of luck and some improvement from our second and third tier youngsters we are not far off contending again.

Cheers

That's way too rational and logical for Nicks. Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:23 pm

My little 18 month old Grandson reckons we will win the flag next season, so there !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 pm

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Scribe wrote:

Alex Fasolo (feet)
Brent McCaffer (ACL)

You might like to go back and review end of season ladder positions since 2004 (Pies last significant lapse after 02-03 GFs) and just see how successfully Hawthorn and Geelong have gone in terms of their rebuilds on the run. Since 2003 the Pies have missed the 8 three times (04, 05, 14), Hawks 4 times (04, 05, 06, 09), and Cats once (2006). All teams experience some level of drop off after a sustained crack at GFs.

Geelong are in more trouble than we. They rely on their stars more than any other team and those stars really looked like they were on the back end of the bell curve. still good players but I think they are in decline and I don't think they have enough quality coming through.

Don't be surprised to see the pies topple the cats next year in the bottom of the 8.

We've been saying that for a couple of years though haven't we. Cats still have 7-8 players 30+ and they are all at the pointy end of their team. Sooner or later their form/fitness has to start to wane, may 2015 be it. They do have some good kids, problem again has been older players keeping them out of the senior side denying them much needed experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: