Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Season 2015 Prediction

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have us 6th. Before the horrendous injuries (and even with some of them) we were 8-3. At that stage there was no doom and gloom, no 'Sack the Coach', the haters and half empty morons were gloriously silent.

Considering the gap between clubs is really small (look how fast a club can climb off the bottom when things go right) the number of players we lost was catastrophic. Turned us from a Top 4 into a bottom 4 side.

I'd say we simply will NOT have the run we had this year, the club are canvassing experts in soft tissue injury prevention and while a perfect run can't be expected, a better one sure can. If I was being less specific we can finish between 3rd and 10th depending on our injury luck and with another preseason into the kids a minimum of a semi or prelim should be considered a 'par' score for 2015.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:12 pm

collie dog wrote:
Scribe wrote:

Bucks has said we will emerge in a premiership race with the Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast. Take a look at the respective young talent and high draft picks in our list compared to those clubs and you'll get an idea of the future ahead of us.

Buckley is kidding himself if he thinks we have anybody with as much potential as Bontempelli (who will be the next Carey), or have a future list as good as the Suns or GWS. Just watch how St Kilda improves in the next few years as a REAL development coach in Alan Richardson starts to weave his magic.

When Richardson left Collingwood the development of our kids stopped to a walk. It wasn't helped when Browny left as well.

Yes, because we only had 3 players in the best 22 under 22 team this season. Our development is a disaster......on what basis do you conclude this?
As for Bontompelli, he looks a potential jet, yet others rated Scharanberg higher as a talent "best junior talent since Wayne Carey" for instance. 'Bont' is but one player too. We may yet have selected him if we had the chance. Still, GC Suns have Gary Ablett in their team, no other team has a player as good, and yet they haven't made the finals yet

I do not have a professional background in this area, but as an avid Pies fan I have spoken to quite a few professionals that I know that do

We can make the finals next season but I am concerned that Davoren and Bucks are going to run the players into the ground again in an effort to fast track their fitness base.

- I suspect they do not do enough remediation work incl deep tissue massage. Been today to see the guy who fixed Jobe Watson's hamstring problems. He's a Pies man and concludes this. He's offered the club to do it for gratis if he fails. They've not taken his offer up, not even with a single player as a trial

- I reckon we over train the players. My concern is that Bucks is calling that he is planning to do the same thing next season. "You've got to push them to breaking point"....sure but if you have no idea where that level is (which this season seems to suggest) you will break them (as did happen) and damage their confidence and that of the team as continuity falls and performance suffers

- I think we played some of the the young players too much. Not a fan of playing Witts as much as we did this season for a guy of his age and dimensions for example

I like our list, but I fear that we do irreparable damage through our conditioning and training efforts

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Scribe wrote:

Bucks has said we will emerge in a premiership race with the Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast. Take a look at the respective young talent and high draft picks in our list compared to those clubs and you'll get an idea of the future ahead of us.

Buckley is kidding himself if he thinks we have anybody with as much potential as Bontempelli (who will be the next Carey), or have a future list as good as the Suns or GWS. Just watch how St Kilda improves in the next few years as a REAL development coach in Alan Richardson starts to weave his magic.

When Richardson left Collingwood the development of our kids stopped to a walk. It wasn't helped when Browny left as well.

Yes, because we only had 3 players in the best 22 under 22 team this season. Our development is a disaster......on what basis do you conclude this?
As for Bontompelli, he looks a potential jet, yet others rated Scharanberg higher as a talent "best junior talent since Wayne Carey" for instance. 'Bont' is but one player too. We may yet have selected him if we had the chance. Still, GC Suns have Gary Ablett in their team, no other team has a player as good, and yet they haven't made the finals yet

I do not have a professional background in this area, but as an avid Pies fan I have spoken to quite a few professionals that I know that do

We can make the finals next season but I am concerned that Davoren and Bucks are going to run the players into the ground again in an effort to fast track their fitness base.

- I suspect they do not do enough remediation work incl deep tissue massage. Been today to see the guy who fixed Jobe Watson's hamstring problems. He's a Pies man and concludes this. He's offered the club to do it for gratis if he fails. They've not taken his offer up, not even with a single player as a trial

- I reckon we over train the players. My concern is that Bucks is calling that he is planning to do the same thing next season. "You've got to push them to breaking point"....sure but if you have no idea where that level is (which this season seems to suggest) you will break them (as did happen) and damage their confidence and that of the team as continuity falls and performance suffers

- I think we played some of the the young players too much. Not a fan of playing Witts as much as we did this season for a guy of his age and dimensions for example

I like our list, but I fear that we do irreparable damage through our conditioning and training efforts

Fair call Albert.

Josh Fraser should be the case study they never forget.

Our strength and conditioning needs rethinking. And it's certainly a sore point of mine.

I think we'll just miss finals again. I hope I'm wrong.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:42 pm

1. We are missing leadership.

2. We are missing strength.

3. We are missing size

4. We are missing structure.

14-18.

If something luckybhappens somewhere between 6-11.
Stef 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:42 pm

3. We are missing size

14-18.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Then how were we 8-3 this year?
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Unfortunately it's the full journey that counts. But there is obviously some potential there wokko

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Bloody hell! You are all sounding faintly ridiculous! "If we have a better run with injuries..."

Really???

A season marred by injury is bad luck, two in a row is extreme bad luck and quite rare, but three? As far as I know it's never happened, not in a hundred and twenty odd years! And Buckley seems to be as blind as the rest of you, coz he sure ain't taking a skerrick of responsibility for it, no, it's the players! they're not 'resilient' enough!

I'll keep saying it until it makes it's way past the mullets and Parietal bones and into the grey mooshy stuff you use for brains:
If you change nothing, nothing changes

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:27 pm

And here's what really blows me away, Criticise the coach and you're a "Collingwood Hater", yet everyone who says this has no problem bitching about the Collingwood list! They ARE Collingwood! How many of you had a poster of a coach on your wall as kids? Anyone? We still have one of the best lists in the game right now, despite the efficient disposal of premiership players by 'chainsaw' Buckley. (although if we lose Harry I'd revise that down to top five) If that list were 100% behind a coach they'd lose very few games, but they're not and that isn't their fault.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Criticize the coach once and I'll consider the post/comment and make a measured, considered reply. Turn every thread into a Buckley hating rant and I'll call you out. So it would seem will many others.

LET. IT. GO.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:42 pm

13th
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Stef wrote:

3. We are missing size

14-18.

Great analysis.
Good fair structured analysis.
Somewhere between 6th and 18th.
Any other predictions Rolling Eyes

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:42 am

I'm predicting more of the same - or lower. Coach Spudley's clayton's game plan and lack of coaching intelligence won't do our increasingly confused list any favours. I'm predicting we will continue to bleed talent also with more valuable talent seeking greener and more flexible pastures by the end of 2015.

I also predict that by the end of 2015 Coach Spudley will be eyeing off yon Cassius' lean and hungry look with increasing nervousness before his inevitable trip to the forum. Beware the Ides of November! Laughing

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:51 am

rocketronnie wrote:
I'm predicting more of the same - or lower. Coach Spudley's clayton's game plan and lack of coaching intelligence won't do our increasingly confused list any favours. I'm predicting we will continue to bleed talent also with more valuable talent seeking greener and more flexible pastures by the end of 2015.

I also predict that by the end of 2015 Coach Spudley will be eyeing off yon Cassius' lean and hungry look with increasing nervousness before his inevitable trip to the forum. Beware the Ides of November! Laughing

Who's the Brutus to be?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:21 am

rocketronnie wrote:

Is sad "sack" a slur which Harry would threaten to quit over? How about Spudley?

I am offended.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: