Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Season 2015 Prediction

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 pm
Post subject: Season 2015 PredictionReply with quote

No improvement ! Poor recruiting! Game plan too predictable . No depth. Ladder prediction 10th. Sorry I would love to be a dumb sack and believe in bullshit, but I have based my assessment on other clubs and their depth in particular . I hope I am wrong and we pull off a miracle , but this is highly unlikely! Unless you make the top 4 and the end of the season , you just become cannon fodder and are eliminated very quickly in week one of the finals . This season has already proved that. So Pies fans brace for Tenthwood!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly it does look that way Hiss, though I tend to disagree about the recruiting, I think they've done quite well, especially last year. Shazza & Freeman looked great before both of them missed the entire season, and one is already going to miss next season, though we don't know for sure, not until the club says for certain he'll be back in round 8.

Then we'll know

Unfortunately there's been no sign of change. My best hope was that Bucks would come out and take SOME responsibility for the last 3 seasons, then admit he probably trained the boys too hard and was going to completely revise his methods in 2015. "We'll get the best people from around the world and get some confidence back into the players and the club in general.

That would've made me FAR happier than dumping him & finding a new coach, but so far there's been nothing of the kind. So far it's just "blame the players and the injuries (has anyone ever had 3 years of shockingly 'bad luck' with injuries before?), and we're gonna teach the guys to be "more resilient". To injury that is. I've also heard we're gonna get people in to look at the injury toll, even though it's just bad luck. (are we gonna hire psychics???)

It's a well known dictum that one cannot solve a problem unless one admits there's a problem to solve, and I've seen not a jot to indicate that Buckley believes anything other than that the fates have conspired to thwart him. Even the Blind Freddies on here recognise, for the most part, that something has not gone quite according to plan, but you'll hear no such sentiment emanating from the Westpac Centre. If there's no change then there's no change.
My god, I can even see Melbourne faring better than us next year. At least they're on the up, and it was always going to take a while given the depth of how broken things were, but there's confidence there, as there always is when the coach has the total belief of the playing group, it doesn't actually matter how good the coach is, it's all about how he's perceived.

...as we'll continue finding out in 2015

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:28 am

The footy we played in the second half of the year was bottom 4 quality. If we continue that trend we could be lower than 10th.

Hopefully our kids develop and we don't have as many senior injuries which results in better footy than later half of 2014.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 am
Post subject: Re: Season 2015 PredictionReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
No improvement ! Poor recruiting! Game plan too predictable . No depth. Ladder prediction 10th. Sorry I would love to be a dumb sack and believe in bullshit, but I have based my assessment on other clubs and their depth in particular . I hope I am wrong and we pull off a miracle , but this is highly unlikely! Unless you make the top 4 and the end of the season , you just become cannon fodder and are eliminated very quickly in week one of the finals . This season has already proved that. So Pies fans brace for Tenthwood!

Remember in 2009 everyone was complaining about how predictable MM's around the boundary line game plan was. Then in 2010, when we perfected it, everyone was like "you know what you're gonna get from Collingwood, the problem is, there is nothing you can do about it".

geelong have basically been playing the same predictable brand of footy for the past 7 years.

what i mean to say is that line about out football being too predictable is just a total crock of shit.

The truth is that our game plan gets exposed because there are too many players who arent yet ready for the rigours of AFL football for a full 4 quarters and that was exposed even more once we had 17 of our best on the injury list.

Gold Coast and Collingwood have very similar lists right now and similar ladder positions. I wonder how you can judge our recruiting when the players have yet to reach their potential. another bogus part of your post.

Actually at this point, it seems just like an ignorant rant......

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:45 am

One thing is certain about next season Hiss. Collingwood will finish lower on the ladder than they did this year. But don't expect the BB (Blind Brigade) to accept that. They buy all the spin that Buckley and Eddie pour over them.

If the problems this year were just about injuries, and surely we can see that it was more than just bad luck that caused them so they are likely to occur again in similar numbers unless training methods are altered, then we might believe in a recovery at Collingwood. But we all know the problems go much deeper than that. We are still waiting for an effective game plan and a side structured (like Hawthorn and Freo who had plenty of injuries themselves this year) so that any player who steps into a role can play it.

But Buckley believes blind effort alone by players will win the day. Well effort might have worked in his personal playing career, but it didn't necessarily help his teammates, and it sure won't turn us into a footy powerhouse. You need top coaches to do that. Ken Hinkley is the perfect example of what a REAL coach can do to turn a footy club around. I would think we should be considering exactly what coach we want to replace Buckley so that we can pull off a coup. Eddie has done it before when he got Malthouse. Come on Eddie. Wake up and smell the roses. Buckley is the worst coach at Collingwood since Murray Weideman - and that ended in tears for a club legend too.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:17 am

collie dog wrote:
One thing is certain about next season Hiss. Collingwood will finish lower on the ladder than they did this year. But don't expect the BB (Blind Brigade) to accept that. They buy all the spin that Buckley and Eddie pour over them.

If the problems this year were just about injuries, and surely we can see that it was more than just bad luck that caused them so they are likely to occur again in similar numbers unless training methods are altered, then we might believe in a recovery at Collingwood. But we all know the problems go much deeper than that. We are still waiting for an effective game plan and a side structured (like Hawthorn and Freo who had plenty of injuries themselves this year) so that any player who steps into a role can play it.

But Buckley believes blind effort alone by players will win the day. Well effort might have worked in his personal playing career, but it didn't necessarily help his teammates, and it sure won't turn us into a footy powerhouse. You need top coaches to do that. Ken Hinkley is the perfect example of what a REAL coach can do to turn a footy club around. I would think we should be considering exactly what coach we want to replace Buckley so that we can pull off a coup. Eddie has done it before when he got Malthouse. Come on Eddie. Wake up and smell the roses. Buckley is the worst coach at Collingwood since Murray Weideman - and that ended in tears for a club legend too.

Collie Dog I am interested to know in detail about altering these training methods that Bucks uses to the more effective ones you seem to know a lot about! And what game plan do we need to have to go forward and how you would alter the one used by Buckley?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am

"Certain" is a big call. Not that we expect you to acknowledge that next year, of course, if Collingwood doesn't finish 12th or worse.
Dawesy31 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:24 am

gee, It's getting to the point where every second thread I read on here is by someone on my ignore list.... says something about some so-called supporters of this great club.

On topic though, I truly believe with fewer injuries and the continued emergence of our young players, we can challenge for top 4 in 2015
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:33 am

next year should be the most even season we have seen in a long time. by virtue of this i predict to make the eight and final four we'll see teams making it with less wins than previous.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:48 am

Co11ingwood

11th it is.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am

This is the first time ever as a Collingwood supporter, I have no idea where we'll finish in 2015, because there are too many variables at this point, with recruitment and long term injuries. If we can get our fitness program right and if we can assemble a medical team that can get players up to play, then that will be the key to rising back up the ladder. Adversity makes you a better coach, so by that reasoning Buckley will be a much better coach next year. Given we expect to lose Lumumba, the recruitment of Moore and hopefully Clark will strengthen both our ruck stocks and forward line and Keefe and Frost will be better as key backs with the extra experience of this season. All that will amount to nothing if we can't assemble a midfield combination. Kennedy has to be fully fit, as does Dyer and Thomas. Peddles can't do it all. Swan can't repeat the year he has had. If all the cogs fall into place, I don't see why we couldn't finish first or top four. Hate the word rebuild. We should be aiming to at least return to the eight and I can see no reason other than injuries and fitness that will stop our return to the eight.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 am

it's not a rebuild it's an evolution. Wink
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:11 am
Post subject: Re: Season 2015 PredictionReply with quote

E wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Remember in 2009 everyone was complaining about how predictable MM's around the boundary line game plan was. Then in 2010, when we perfected it, everyone was like "you know what you're gonna get from Collingwood, the problem is, there is nothing you can do about it".

geelong have basically been playing the same predictable brand of footy for the past 7 years.

what i mean to say is that line about out football being too predictable is just a total crock of shit.

The truth is that our game plan gets exposed because there are too many players who arent yet ready for the rigours of AFL football for a full 4 quarters and that was exposed even more once we had 17 of our best on the injury list.

Gold Coast and Collingwood have very similar lists right now and similar ladder positions. I wonder how you can judge our recruiting when the players have yet to reach their potential. another bogus part of your post.

Actually at this point, it seems just like an ignorant rant......

Yep, I agree although I think it's not so much the rigours of AFL footy that impact the kids, I think it's more about mental application. Seasoned AFL players do things instinctively because they've been drilled relentlessly. Kids don't necessarily have that same level of application and their reactions aren't as instinctive. A few preseasons to build core strength though doesn't hurt.

In terms of our 2015 season, we could again be anywhere from 5-10 depending on a few intangibles. I'd be disappointed if we weren't back in the 8 come 2015 finals.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:15 am

John Wren wrote:
it's not a rebuild it's an evolution. Wink

You say toma(y)to I say toma(r)to....
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:17 am

Dawesy31 wrote:
gee, It's getting to the point where every second thread I read on here is by someone on my ignore list.... says something about some so-called supporters of this great club.

On topic though, I truly believe with fewer injuries and the continued emergence of our young players, we can challenge for top 4 in 2015

Agree 100%....

Without many injuries we were 8-3...

Then the injury list doubled and the losses started to come more regularly.

2014 has shown that with a near full list to choose from we can be a strong chance for top 4.

When rebuilding a list, the one thing that you hope is that your senior players don't all get injured which then exposes the younger players.

That's what happened this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: