Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Great Big Dayne Beams thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
No dramas mate. They've made it pretty clear they'd like to get him. So he knows that at the end of this contract they'll come knocking. Which is as good as making him an offer now.

Exactly my point, when I first put up the thread before some people jumped on me for simply raising the conundrum we MAY or MAY NOT face.

lol ok yes the "perceptive fellow" can be annoying....so too can the people who like to just bury their heads in the sand.

The point is this, we can't simply ignore something because we don't like the sound of it.....at the moment it is true...we have no idea if he is intending on going to Brisbane or not....but we have to keep an open mind to these things.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Having traded Wellingham, Dawes, Shaw, Daisy and most likely Heritier, it would be disastrous for us to lose a player of the skill and experience of Beams. It would be devastating psychologically to our young team. Side by side must mean something.

I thought Beamsy is contracted till the end of next year.

Heater had another year to go on his contract too.

The difference is that we had behavioural issues with Heater and the club deceived that we were better off without him. In the end it was a some what mutual decision but only after a push.

Beamsy is a whole different issue. As stated above he is one of our top two players and his retention is very important. Seeing he has a year to go on his contract it is contrary to AFL rules for another club to approach him. We know it all happens but it is very early ion the proceedings.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:38 pm

Howdy all ok this is he or isn't he has been blown clearly out of perspective.
Dayne has a year to run on his contract.
The lions answered a question would they be interested in him if he was available. Warren answered they would be very interested in Dayne Beams if he was available but they weren't involved in any discussions with him or his management.
Everyone knows management talk to clubs about players coming off contract but do the players know anything about this ? I would guess often they don't. More often management start these media rumors to run there clients prices up or to give there clients more press to get there current club to the table quicker than the club may have been inclined.
Now I said around 2 & 1/2 months ago Dayne had instructed his management to open discussions with the club to a extension.
The club has been announcing other players signing on and for all we know this might well be part of the club showing Dayne and his management that they are serious about the current group and are locking them away long term.
We all know full well if he went to the open market at the end of 2015 he would be in high demand. A grade mid fielders don't come easy and especially ones that are proven over several years.
Now knowing Dayne and the way he was raised and the value he puts on mateship and loyalty all this media chat would be unsettling to him. I heard it directly from his mouth in 2013 the Cloke media circus was a huge turn off and I quote "I never want my future played out like that"
He doesn't chase the spot light or media gigs infact anyone seeing him talk on TV after matches can see it makes him uncomfortable.
So I'm willing to bet he will sign a contract extension (3-5yrs) some time early 2015 or sooner.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks for putting everthing into perspective qldmagpie67 . I have every belief that Dane will stay a Pie for life and will be our next Captain. Lock me in. Smile
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Damien wrote:
No dramas mate. They've made it pretty clear they'd like to get him. So he knows that at the end of this contract they'll come knocking. Which is as good as making him an offer now.

I really hope he stays, would hate to see him go.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Podpicken wrote:
Damien wrote:

I really hope he stays, would hate to see him go.

Ditto buddy.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Having traded Wellingham, Dawes, Shaw, Daisy and most likely Heritier, it would be disastrous for us to lose a player of the skill and experience of Beams. It would be devastating psychologically to our young team. Side by side must mean something.

The difference is that we had behavioural issues with Heater and the club deceived that we were better off without him. In the end it was a some what mutual decision but only after a push.

Beamsy is a whole different issue. As stated above he is one of our top two players and his retention is very important. Seeing he has a year to go on his contract it is contrary to AFL rules for another club to approach him. We know it all happens but it is very early ion the proceedings.

I wasn't suggesting the club would want to off-load him, as he's clearly in our top 2 or 3 players. However, if the club sensed that he was likely to leave as a free agent in 12 months time it would make sense to trade him now, to ensure we got properly compensated. Having said that, I'd be bitterly disappointed if he wanted to leave.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Straight swap for Dangerfield? They need a mid who will go into a pack and we need a mid who can run away from one.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 pm

When was the last time we lost a player we didn't want to lose? I'm thinking Nick Davis.

If we want Beams to stay, Beams will stay.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I wasn't suggesting the club would want to off-load him, as he's clearly in our top 2 or 3 players. However, if the club sensed that he was likely to leave as a free agent in 12 months time it would make sense to trade him now, to ensure we got properly compensated. Having said that, I'd be bitterly disappointed if he wanted to leave.

Dayne is not eligible for free agency until 2016. Even if he were to decide to leave next year (which I seriously doubt will happen), a trade would have to be arranged, or he would have to risk the preseason draft.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane, and is in talks to renew his contact beyond 2015.

1116 SEN have reported that Beams has just built a house in Melbourne, has settled down with his girlfriend and his mother too, has moved to Melbourne.
It comes as earlier reports suggested that the Lions would not be trading their pick 4 in the national draft.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews?fref=nf

So no need to be such negative nancies now.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:42 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane, and is in talks to renew his contact beyond 2015.

1116 SEN have reported that Beams has just built a house in Melbourne, has settled down with his girlfriend and his mother too, has moved to Melbourne.
It comes as earlier reports suggested that the Lions would not be trading their pick 4 in the national draft.

Mate I think Beamer will definitely stay. But quoting SEN & Facebook & thinking it's done is going a tad early. Wink
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 pm

I wasn't remotely implying it was done, just pretty much backs a lot of what qldmagpie was saying and plus the main part of that I would be noting is his mother lives in Melbourne, he built a house in Melbourne and his girlfriend is in Melbourne. Since the house is a recent one, the negativity around Brisbane's offer seems to be off base.

Seems the likelihood of him leaving for the Lions is zero.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am

The Prototype wrote:

Fantastic news. Thanks Prototype. Very Happy
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:23 am

Quick update Dayne's mum hasn't moved to Melbourne permanently but she has relocated to be closer to Dayne in the short term. I don't know the reasons why it could be as simple as she is tired of making flying visits every 4-6 weeks.
Dayne is at a vital time in his life with all this speculation surrounding his future.
I've said many times before he hates the media attention this is a direct result of the allegations he faced a few years ago.
I would take a educated guess that he asked his mum to move down as she and Dayne are extremely close and as I said before all this talk would be very unsettling to him.
His is fiercely loyal to his mates and family and I heard it directly from his mouth the Cloke contract circus made him very uneasy at the time and he stated he didn't want to be in the same boat.
Look the kid is a footballer it's all he ever wanted to do in his life. It's never been about the $$ to him it's been his passion (and Claye's as well) since they were old enough to hold a football.
Dayne is close to Pendles and has tried to mirror his work ethic on and off the field in the past couple years.
I said before expect him to sign a 3-5yr extension and put all this speculation to bed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: