Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Great Big Dayne Beams thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Quick update Dayne's mum hasn't moved to Melbourne permanently but she has relocated to be closer to Dayne in the short term. I don't know the reasons why it could be as simple as she is tired of making flying visits every 4-6 weeks.
Dayne is at a vital time in his life with all this speculation surrounding his future.
I've said many times before he hates the media attention this is a direct result of the allegations he faced a few years ago.
I would take a educated guess that he asked his mum to move down as she and Dayne are extremely close and as I said before all this talk would be very unsettling to him.
His is fiercely loyal to his mates and family and I heard it directly from his mouth the Cloke contract circus made him very uneasy at the time and he stated he didn't want to be in the same boat.
Look the kid is a footballer it's all he ever wanted to do in his life. It's never been about the $$ to him it's been his passion (and Claye's as well) since they were old enough to hold a football.
Dayne is close to Pendles and has tried to mirror his work ethic on and off the field in the past couple years.
I said before expect him to sign a 3-5yr extension and put all this speculation to bed.

I believe the brothers are very close too, with Claye struggling to get a good run at it due to injuries, do you think he may look to move also and have a fresh start at a new club?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:40 am

Rick wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Quick update Dayne's mum hasn't moved to Melbourne permanently but she has relocated to be closer to Dayne in the short term. I don't know the reasons why it could be as simple as she is tired of making flying visits every 4-6 weeks.
Dayne is at a vital time in his life with all this speculation surrounding his future.
I've said many times before he hates the media attention this is a direct result of the allegations he faced a few years ago.
I would take a educated guess that he asked his mum to move down as she and Dayne are extremely close and as I said before all this talk would be very unsettling to him.
His is fiercely loyal to his mates and family and I heard it directly from his mouth the Cloke contract circus made him very uneasy at the time and he stated he didn't want to be in the same boat.
Look the kid is a footballer it's all he ever wanted to do in his life. It's never been about the $$ to him it's been his passion (and Claye's as well) since they were old enough to hold a football.
Dayne is close to Pendles and has tried to mirror his work ethic on and off the field in the past couple years.
I said before expect him to sign a 3-5yr extension and put all this speculation to bed.

I believe the brothers are very close too, with Claye struggling to get a good run at it due to injuries, do you think he may look to move also and have a fresh start at a new club?

Claye and Dayne are close. Claye has extended his stay in Brisbane by 2yrs recently. Claye took a more unusual way to the AFL he had actually given the gem away when Dayne got drafted he made a come back with labrador in the then QAFL and had a huge impact immediately. As much as it might be a fairy tale for both brothers and there families I can't see either brother leaving there current clubs any time soon.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Bit like the Selwood's - they were scattered throughout all points of the country.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:05 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Really good to hear that and thanks for the updates mate! It's much appreciated Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: